Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Sure doesn't everyone eat Mcoys these days anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I miss Yorkies so much. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

hinault wrote: »
    I couldn't care less what you think.
    Corkfeen wrote: »
    [...] I'd find someone who is opposed to this legislation to be somewhat of an ignorant bastard [...]
    Sarky wrote: »
    Thinking Youth Defence are a bunch of worthless cocksuckers [...]
    Folks, please lower the temperature.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I miss Wispa Golds, the Wispa with the caramel. Yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Apologies Robin.

In other news, Peter Matthews was on Pat Kenny show this morning. Rather grateful to see him gone from the party, fascinating to hear him denying the need to legislate. He said that it's a pity that they don't focus on debt over discussing the need for abortion legislation. Can't TDs work on more than one thing at once? Amusingly the host pointed out how Matthews had not opposed cuts on those who couldn't afford them based on conscience. He thinks he'll be able to run for Fianna Gael again.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

lazygal wrote: »
    I miss Wispa Golds, the Wispa with the caramel. Yum.

Never took to wispa or to any variety of Galaxy chocolate.

I am a recent convert to the joys of the Walnut Whip. Specially out of the freezer - oh, and maltesers out of the freezer on a hot day. Chilled Malty goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Galaxy Chocolate as the chips in cookies or brownies is amazing.

Galaxy Chocolate as the chips in cookies or brownies is amazing.

I shall give that a go on my next baking session - you better be right mister! ;)

I forgot all about walnut whips and now I want one........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I forgot all about walnut whips and now I want one........

I think I saw giant ones in M&S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

kylith wrote: »

Yep, I've a suspicion they're hollow though, they were back at Easter. My gf recently introduced me to the wonders of walnut whip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

During the slow numbers, people might dispense with holding aloft lighters and instead put one of these on the end of a coat hanger and swing them slowly from side to side.....

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/07/03/youth-may-like-this/?fb_source=pubv1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Call me a snob, but I'm not surprised YD like trad. To me, it is the anenecephalic (sp?) foetus of music.

tumblr_me0a638T3x1rlpztwo1_250.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

He thinks he'll be able to run for Fianna Gael again.......
    i'm not familiar with his constituency, but you can bet your ass he'll be back in FG if their chances are looking poor there next time round without him.

TheChizler wrote: »
    Yep, I've a suspicion they're hollow though, they were back at Easter. My gf recently introduced me to the wonders of walnut whip.

That I can't tell you, I'm not gone on them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Call me a snob, but I'm not surprised YD like trad. To me, it is the anenecephalic (sp?) foetus of music.

Hey, I play the bodhran. :(

It's a good way to get free pints out of a pub :pac:

Sarky wrote: »
    Hey, I play the bodhran. :(

It's a good way to get free pints out of a pub :pac:

I regularly dubbin my bodhran.

I tried to play a harmonica and failed miserably. That was the end of my short musical career.........

I own a tin whistle.

OH has asked that I wait until he's out of earshot to play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

It's known they are a mad trad family which is why one of the first Dublin Nights for Choice fundriasers was Trad for Choice to make the point not everyone who is into trad is anti choice.

https://www.facebook.com/events/144608925692807/?ref=22&suggestsessionid=01357698109

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I stand corrected on the implicit link between trad and religious conservatism. :o

I own a tin whistle.

OH has asked that I wait until he's out of earshot to play it.

Now that you remind me I have a tin whistle too but can't seem to find it anywhere....and my harmonica seems to have disappeared ...and the mouthpiece of my trumpet....

Nothing else for it but to get the bodhran down so...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Jamesw2

These blue shirt boys have seen their day. Kenny is a dictator telling the 4 that they are excommunicated. As if they give a toss. Better away from a pro abortion party that stuck in the middle of it. Ill rememebr them on the doorstep and I'll shout at them down the road. FGFGFG OUT OUT OUT. I have just started........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I'm sure they were quite aware of the conditions of party membership. He's a crap dictator if all they have to do to go against his will is leave the party. The whip system has its flaws but to be honest nothing would ever get done in parliament without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Jamesw2

FGFGFG OUT OUT OUT. Kenny's argument for everything is that "it's in the programme for government". Doesn't matter whether its morally wrong or not! Its in the programme. He really isn't capable of thinking outside of the programme poor sod. He'll be sorry. He should enjoy his last few days of Government with his buddy Reilly. There day is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Jamesw2 wrote: »
    FGFGFG OUT OUT OUT. Kenny's argument for everything is that "it's in the programme for government". Doesn't matter whether its morally wrong or not! Its in the programme. He really isn't capable of thinking outside of the programme poor sod. He'll be sorry. He should enjoy his last few days of Government with his buddy Reilly. There day is done.

The Irish Supreme court has said that the constitution as it stands allows abortion in certain circumstances. Kenny is merely legislating in accordance with that ruling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

The Irish people have voted on the suicide issue twice as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Jamesw2 wrote: »

Oh, your impotent rage at a government finally enacting legislation required by the highest court in the land is just adorable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

this is a crazy slippery road. do you know in america and the uk you can punch a 6 month pregnant woman in the stomach causing her to lose her child,yet you will be only charged with assaulting the mother. (yes these laws really do protect women) ha

i support every aspect of this bill but the suicide aka on demand clause. we should be proud of the fact that we didnt destroy children on demand,but no we are staying backwards as usual as soon as other countries are taken steps to ban or limit abortion. we open the flood gates...typical.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement