Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Once again, I'd like to see proof of this claim.... You're making many but not proving any of them..... I'm not responding to any more of your posts unless you start providing proof!

also incorrect, im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

incorrect its proven to benefit the women. abortions cause more harm than good.

adoption would of saved countless womens lives.

Really?
    increased mental health issues,increased suicide rates. if they had of waited a few months these women would be alive today.

Which women? The study you've linked doesn't mention any suicides that I can see. Perhaps I missed a bit. Can you point out the increased suicide rates part to me, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

also incorrect, im afraid.

How could I be incorrect? You have stated that he tried to stop it being publish? Show me where you obtained this information.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Do you plan on basing any of your posts in reality at all eireannBEAR, or is the plan to just carry asserting stuff out of thin air?

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

An intensive study by the American Psychiatric Association could find no evidence of what you're claiming.
    The best scientific evidence published indicates that among adult women who have an unplanned pregnancy the relative risk of mental health problems is no greater if they have a single elective first-trimester abortion than if they deliver that pregnancy. The evidence regarding the relative mental health risks associated with multiple abortions is more equivocal. Positive associations observed between multiple abortions and poorer mental health may be linked to co-occurring risks that predispose a woman to both multiple unwanted pregnancies and mental health problems.

The few published studies that examined women’s responses following an induced abortion due to fetal abnormality suggest that terminating a wanted pregnancy late in pregnancy due to fetal abnormality appears to be associated with negative psychological reactions equivalent to those experienced by women who miscarry a wanted pregnancy or who experience
    a stillbirth or death of a newborn, but less than those who deliver a child with life-threatening abnormalities.

The differing patterns of psychological experiences observed among women who terminate an unplanned pregnancy versus those who terminate a planned and wanted pregnancy highlight the importance of taking pregnancy intendedness and wantedness into account when seeking to understand psychological reactions to abortion.

None of the literature reviewed adequately addressed the prevalence of mental health problems among women in the United States who have had an abortion. In general, however, the prevalence of mental health problems observed among women in the United States who had a single, legal, first-trimester abortion for nontherapeutic reasons was consistent with normative rates of comparable mental health problems in the general population of women in the United States.

Nonetheless, it is clear that some women do experience sadness, grief, and feelings of loss following termination of a pregnancy, and some experience clinically significant disorders, including depression and anxiety. However, the TFMHA reviewed no evidence sufficient to support the claim that an observed association between abortion history and mental health was caused by the abortion per se, as opposed to other factors.

Source

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Jamesw2 wrote: »
    FGFGFG OUT OUT OUT

You must be pro-Labour, in more ways than one. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

No we don't. tsk such lies they make the baby jesus cry, or so I am told.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Morag wrote: »
    No we don't. tsk such lies they make the baby jesus cry, or so I am told.
    your silly

baby jesus i belong to an atheist group ''humanists for life'' i have provided proof and you people are up in arms,its quite pathetic really.

ah at least you know you were bested. nite,nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Mine did me a lot of good and no harm.
    Any harm in relation was the stigma perpetuated here by anti choice people.

Adoption would not have saved Michele Harte.

This bill when passed will further violate my rights.
    Once an embryo implants it's self in my womb all of my rights bar my right to life and my life to travel are legally subsumed. I am there for not an equal citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

your silly

baby jesus i belong to an atheist group ''humanists for life'' i have provided proof and you people are up in arms,its quite pathetic really.

Did you really have to boldface the "your silly" bit? :confused:
    Either way I'd rather you left your perceived personal character descriptions of posters out of things.:)

• Advertisement

your silly

You posted up Dr.Fergussons study claiming that it proved abortion is harmful. Corkfeen posted an email from Fergusson himself/herself stating quite clearly it did no such thing.

You then just repeatedly posted the same unsupported statement over and over. If you have some evidence to support your claims, by all means share them on the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Obviously this guy knows better than the doctor who wrote the damn paper. You can't trust doctors, you know. They know nothing at all about pregnancy and its associated risks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

To give credit, that was one of the most surreal responses in a while. Making numerous claims but not backing any of them up..... Then concluding that he'd won the debate.

It's like J C and evolution all over again...

Corkfeen wrote: »
    To give credit, that was one of the most surreal responses in a while. Making numerous claims but not backing any of them up..... Then concluding that he'd won the debate.

Playing chess with pigeons, it's always the same outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

To be fair, at least he knows what abortion is whereas J C obviously hasn't a clue about evolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Playing chess with pigeons, it's always the same outcome.
    Shit everywhere?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Any one want a cashew?

28064212 wrote: »
    Shit everywhere?

They kick the pieces over and shit on the board and then still strut around as if they've won. ;)

The joke's on them; They're still pigeons.

• Advertisement

Michelle Mulherrin weighs in on the abortion legislation. Collective facepalming ensues.

580475_587210444652359_415907345_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Is she confusing the protection of life bill with distance selling of goods act?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

So, which one of our new friends is Silvio?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Seriously. Who is benefiting from this? In the word of Drumm who is getting the "moolah".

Phase 1: Legislate for constitutional requirement for abortion when a woman's life is at risk

Phase 2: ?????

Phase 3: Profit

Genius! FG have saved our economy. FG FG FG IN IN IN!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Genius! FG have saved our economy. FG FG FG IN IN IN!

I think the chant would be improved with one less FG, flows better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

nm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

So the bill (as it stand's now) does not give any help to any woman carrying a foetus which will NOT have any chance of living outside the womb, due to a mistake of nature, but by default makes it inevitable that she has to carry it to a full-term birth. Instead it criminalizes any woman who takes, successfully or unsuccessfully, any abortion-causing tablets etc, to get herself out of that situation with up to 14 years in jail.

The Pro-bill politicians insist that they will NOT allow additions or amendments to the bill to offer any form of help to a pregnant woman facing into that situation. That is as silly, even as cruel and merciless, as the position taken by Pro-life politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

aloyisious wrote: »
    So the bill (as it stand's now) does not give any help to any woman carrying a foetus which will NOT have any chance of living outside the womb, due to a mistake of nature, but by default makes it inevitable that she has to carry it to a full-term birth. Instead it criminalizes any woman who takes, successfully or unsuccessfully, any abortion-causing tablets etc, to get herself out of that situation with up to 14 years in jail.

The Pro-bill politicians insist that they will NOT allow additions or amendments to the bill to offer any form of help to a pregnant woman facing into that situation. That is as silly, even as cruel and merciless, as the position taken by Pro-life politicians.
    Any bill which included that provision would be unconstitutional. We need a referendum to remove the 8th amendment if we want to broaden abortion availability. The suicide issue is the minimum that needs to be legislated for under the current amendment, but it is also the maximum that can be legislated for

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

FGFGFG OUT OUT OUT

Are you trying to make yourself sneeze?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Are you trying to make yourself sneeze?

I thought he was having some issues with fig rolls.... ?

FiGFiGFiG Out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement