Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Sick scum!! :mad:

So f**king mad. The same pricks probably consider themselves pillars of society and of high moral standing.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/praveen-i-got-hate-mail-and-was-told-to-leave-ireland-29394935.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I wonder is it possible to contact Praveen?

I'd love to send a message of condolence and support.

I hate how those scum that wrote to him are dragging my country down. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Sick scum!! :mad:

So f**king mad. The same pricks probably consider themselves pillars of society and of high moral standing.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/praveen-i-got-hate-mail-and-was-told-to-leave-ireland-29394935.html

Pro life fundies in narrow-minded xenophobic shocka! I'm not the least bit surprised but the mind still boggles at how callous and downright inhuman those who purport to support life can be. No empathy for a man who lost his wife and much wanted child in one foul swoop under the watchful eye of a healthcare system hindered by their catholic ideology. Looking forward to the day when this is no longer the case :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Anti choice groups were calling him a filthy liar from day one, not at all surprising some of them would stoop that bit lower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

you didnt read it correctly that is only in cases where the baby is born alive and then dies. the baby has to die outside the womb for it to be considered murdered.

that case in 94 lead to the law i posted. wikipedia huh lol

What you stated was
    this is a crazy slippery road. do you know in america and the uk you can punch a 6 month pregnant woman in the stomach causing her to lose her child,yet you will be only charged with assaulting the mother.

A man who is alleged to have caused a woman to miscarry her unborn baby is due to in court today.

Paul Davey, of Lower Road, Hundon, is charged with procuring the miscarriage of a woman by poison or instrument.
    http://www.suffolkfreepress.co.uk/news/latest-news/hundon-man-on-rape-and-causing-miscarriage-charges-1-3879147

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

obviously the baby died outside of the womb.

"obviously"? Do please provide proof that must be the case for the charge to be applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

obviously the baby died outside of the womb.

This might help with that hair splitting.

tumblr_m7obm466zz1rotm1uo1_500.jpg

Nodin wrote: »
    "obviously"? Do please provide proof that must be the case for the charge to be applied.

its british law. find it yourself. i have posted the link where the law was amended after a case in 94. 20 us states also have no laws to protect pregnant mothers. :P

all i see here is a lot of trolling posts its a shame as this is such a serious subject.

• Advertisement

all i see here is a lot of trolling posts its a shame as this is such a serious subject.

Yes it is.

I take it very seriously when someone tells me my life is equal to that of a brainless clump of cells.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Yes it is.

I take it very seriously when someone tells me my life is equal to that of a brainless clump of cells.

uneducated comment,i do not wish to debate the issue with some one who makes vulgar statements like this.

uneducated comment,i do not wish to debate the issue with some one who makes vulgar statements like this.

LOLZ.

Perhaps you should educate yourself on embryonic development - no brain at all whatsoever before 7 weeks but you insist it is equal to the living, breathing all by herself, thinking woman in whose womb it is lodged.

That is obscene.

its british law. find it yourself. i have posted the link where the law was amended after a case in 94. 20 us states also have no laws to protect pregnant mothers. :P

And the charge I showed was made in 2012. Therefore your misquoting your own link. Now, provide proof that being outside or inside the womb has bearing on the charges and in what way.

Nodin wrote: »
    And the charge I showed was made in 2012. Therefore your misquoting your own link. Now, provide proof that being outside or inside the womb has bearing on the charges and in what way.

nah my fact still stands. can you prove the baby died in the whom??

this law allows for termination up until 9 months the baby is not brainless then or at 6 months when they can destroy the child. you are to gun hoo think your posts through first,thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

this law allows for termination up until 9 months the baby is not brainless then or at 6 months when they can destroy the child. you are to gun hoo think your posts through first,thank you.

As has been pointed out several times, 'termination' means ending the pregnancy. If the foetus is viable then it will not be killed, it will be delivered prematurely. There are plenty of people, one of my SiLs included, who have perfectly healthy children from a terminated pregnancy.

In the whom??? :confused:

The law allows for the termination of a pregnancy up until 9 months.

Termination/abortion of a pregnancy does not necessarily = death of a fetus.

My pregnancy was terminated by chemical means as it was induced- in fact the words used by the doctor was 'we will have to abort your pregnancy' - my son is 28 now.

My ex sister-in-law had two pregnancies aborted via cesarean section - my nieces are aged 25 and 23.

kylith wrote: »
    As has been pointed out several times, 'termination' means ending the pregnancy. If the foetus is viable then it will not be killed, it will be delivered prematurely. There are plenty of people, one of my SiLs included, who have perfectly healthy children from a terminated pregnancy.

that why i stated ''termination'' and later in the same post ''destroyed'' please read posts before commenting.

I don't have to. You stated
    this is a crazy slippery road. do you know in america and the uk you can
    punch a 6 month pregnant woman in the stomach causing her to lose her child,yet you will be only charged with assaulting the mother.

I've shown that a charge does indeed exist

procuring the miscarriage of a woman by poison or
    instrument.

http://www.suffolkfreepress.co.uk/news/latest-news/hundon-man-on-rape-and-causing-miscarriage-charges-1-3879147

...which shows that you are wrong. If you want to prove something about being in or out of a womb effecting things, then you'll have to provide proof.

that why i stated ''termination'' and later in the same post ''destroyed'' please read posts before commenting.

Good old Amendment 8 eh!

Can't put a time limit on a Constitutional right and it was ye pro-lifers who insisted this all go in the Constitution. Look what ye wrought when trying to control women's bodies. Shame on you all.

• Advertisement

nodin you are making stories up now,please visit my previous link on the subject,you can cry wolf all you want but it wont make it correct.

i have already proved this.

i have already proved this.

I don't think this means what you think it means.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Good old Amendment 8 eh!

Can't put a time limit on a Constitutional right and it was ye pro-lifers who insisted this all go in the Constitution. Look what ye wrought when trying to control women's bodies. Shame on you all.

sorry,but after this post i wont be responding to your comments.
    as i completely disagree with you and was offended by your previous post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Otherwise known as taking your ball and going home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Whom, the baby whom? As in, whom did the baby die/not die in? Whom are these people you speak of? Or do you mean 'womb' because that would make a lot more sense.....

maguic24 wrote: »
    Whom, the baby whom? As in, whom did the the baby die/not die in? Whom are these people you speak of? Or do you mean 'womb' because that would make a lot more sense.....

child like post from a person totally on the defensive,but excuse the error if you did not have the ability to understand it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

sorry,but after this post i wont be responding to your comments.
    as i completely disagree with you and was offended by your previous post.

Don't get dizzy up there on that imaginary high horse Mr The Life of A Woman is of Equal value to this:

04-weeks-1.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

child like post from a person totally on the defensive,but excuse the error if you did not have the ability to understand it.
    eireannBEAR - you're treading very close to the line. Tone down your rhetoric, please.

• Advertisement

robindch wrote: »
    eireannBEAR - you're treading very close to the line. Tone down your rhetoric, please.

i apologize but please read through the posts and understand that the shadow rhetoric did not originate from me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement