Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

that why i stated ''termination'' and later in the same post ''destroyed'' please read posts before commenting.
    Perhaps not 'brainless' but certainly 1) completely unable to feel pain and 2) still not equal in rights and status to a grown woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

nodin you (............)this.

You've proven nothing. You stated

"this is a crazy slippery road. do you know in america and the uk you can
    punch a 6 month pregnant woman in the stomach causing her to lose her child,yet you will be only charged with assaulting the mother. "

I've shown that there is in fact a charge

"procuring the miscarriage of a woman by poison or
    instrument. "

http://www.suffolkfreepress.co.uk/news/latest-news/hundon-man-on-rape-and-causing-miscarriage-charges-1-3879147

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Don't get dizzy up there on that imaginary high horse Mr The Life of A Woman is of Equal value to this:

For some reason I really want a prawn cocktail now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Nodin wrote: »
    You've proven nothing. You stated

"this is a crazy slippery road. do you know in america and the uk you can
    punch a 6 month pregnant woman in the stomach causing her to lose her child,yet you will be only charged with assaulting the mother. "

I've shown that there is in fact a charge

"procuring the miscarriage of a woman by poison or
    instrument. "

http://www.suffolkfreepress.co.uk/news/latest-news/hundon-man-on-rape-and-causing-miscarriage-charges-1-3879147

lol,you must understand that this baby obviously died outside of the womb yet you keep posting the same link.

''keep doing the same thing yet expecting different results'' do you know what thats a definition for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

''keep doing the same thing yet expecting different results'' do you know what thats a definition for.

A pro-life campaigner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

A pro-life campaigner who keeps posting in this thread?

:cool:

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    :cool:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

So yeah, that proof Nodin's been asking for?

lol,you must understand that this baby obviously died outside of the womb yet you keep posting the same link.

How do you know that it died outside the womb? How is it 'obvious'? What evidence is there for this?

AIUI the standard 'booze and needle' job's intent is to stab the foetus with the needle after sedating the mother with booze. The body then rejects the corpse of the foetus and miscarries. Ergo, the foetus dies in utero and is then expelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_the_United_Kingdom#Sections_58_and_59_of_the_Offences_against_the_Person_Act_1861. Illegal abortions are an offence. You can tell, because they're illegal.

If your planned response is "Lol, wiki" (which it would be based on your arguments so far), don't bother

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement

....wheres the evidence that's a factor? a link please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'm getting a distinct sense of dejavu....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

:confused:

Text of your link in it's entirety:
    A man who is alleged to have caused a woman to miscarry her unborn baby is due to in court today.

Paul Davey, of Lower Road, Hundon, is charged with procuring the miscarriage of a woman by poison or instrument.

It is claimed the 62-year-old used alcohol and a knitting needle to carry out the miscarriage in Sudbury in 2003.

Davey is also charged with seven counts of rape – including on a girl under 16 – indecent assault on a girl under 16 and sexual touching.

Davey gave no indication of a plea when he appeared at Bury St Edmunds Magistrates’ Court last Monday. He was released on conditional bail and is due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court today.

...how come you're so certain that the knitting needle didn't kill the foetus?
    28064212 wrote: »
    If your planned response is "Lol, wiki" (which it would be based on your arguments so far), don't bother

Don't forget that a couple of posts after posting "lol wiki" they linked to wikipedia themselves. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

28064212 wrote: »
    Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_the_United_Kingdom#Sections_58_and_59_of_the_Offences_against_the_Person_Act_1861. Illegal abortions are an offence. You can tell, because they're illegal.

but these incidents are not classed as abortion,very weak argument.

:confused:

Text of your link in it's entirety:

...how come you're so certain that the knitting needle didn't kill the foetus?

how are you so certain that it did??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Go back to cheering on Sunderland. It's about your intellectual limit.

Please quote me to show where I made such an assertion, as I did for you. I'm waiting.

Answer the question put to you and stop being obtuse.

Is "I am rubber and you are glue" a debate technique now?

I'll check on the YD recommended debate techniques page... Ah yes, it is.

They're classed as 'procuring the miscarriage of a woman by poison or instrument', which is what this man is being charged with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Pherekydes wrote: »

Now-now Sunderland didn't ask for any of this... There's no point in bring Sunderland into this thread just because of one silly mistake...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Now-now Sunderland didn't ask for any of this... There's no point in bring Sunderland into this thread just because of one silly mistake...

Ah it makes a change from biscuits and pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Pherekydes wrote: »

attack the post NOT the poster!

eireannBEAR, could you answer my question please?

<snip>

Oh Richard, and to think you told us you weren't taking sides. :(

I am disappointed and yet pleased that you lived down to your infamous user name.

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

<snip>
    Considering that the legislation won't cover women carrying a foetus with fatal foetus abnormalities, it demonstrably false that it will lead to the least harm being done. Those pregnant women will suffer through unnecessary mental and physical problems by being denied a abortion in that circumstance.
    <snip>
    It's entirely reasonable that women would desire to have control over their own bodies, even when they are pregnant. It is equally showing disregard for women to deny them such decisions regarding their own body.
    <snip>
    Considering how the legislation hasn't been stopped so far, clearly those opposing the legislation don't have the support they think they have. Almost every poll shows the vast majority are in favor of the legislation.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

If anyone has an issue with moderation PM a mod. Or Start a thread in Feedback or Helpdesk.
    Lots of silly personal attack at posters deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

<snip>

Oh dear all those selfish slutty women.

Let's ignore the fact that hormonal contraception is not 100%
    Let's ignore that hormonal contraception is not suitable for every woman.
    Let's ignore the women who seek to end a pregnancy with a fetal fatal diagnoses.
    Let's ignore the women who are denied chemotherapy if they became pregnant.
    Let's ignore the women who already have special needs children and can't cope with another child.
    Let's ignore the women who are raped and end up pregnant.

Yes all the women who want abortion 'on demand' are slutty selfish children

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Did I miss anything important then? Somethingsomethingdahdadahhdaaah.... women should be told how inhumane and slutty they are/nobody who debates online is real and/or does anything real to support their personal opinion? Anything else?

Morag, btw.....you rock.

• Advertisement

Obliq wrote: »
    Did I miss anything important then? Somethingsomethingdahdadahhdaaah.... women should be told how inhumane and slutty they are/nobody who debates online is real and/or does anything real to support their personal opinion? Anything else?

Morag, btw.....you rock.

and not a mention of either biscuits or pizza. :mad:

She does, doesn't she.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement