Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion/ *Note* Thread Closing Shortly! ! !

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Jernal wrote: »
    How often does this need to be said?

Most pro-choice people are anti-abortion. Jeesh!

i dont understand this post. :pac: if its genuine its false, if its sarcasm it offers little to the debate. and is a surprising comment as its supposed to be coming from a figure of impartial authority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

i dont understand this post. :pac: if its genuine its false, if its sarcasm it offers little to the debate. and is a surprising comment as its supposed to be coming from a figure of impartial authority.

What makes you say it's false? I might be pro choice but I have no intention of ever having an abortion, and none of my friends bar one (all of whom are pro choice) would have an abortion, but we feel women should have the right to choose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Let me break it down for you.

I'm pro-choice. I recognise that women have a right to choose whether they can have an abortion or not. However, that does not mean I actively want everyone to get an abortion, or whether I'd agree with any potential SO having one. But I believe the choice should be available in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

It's simply acceptance that women should have the right to choose. That's not pro-abortion, it's simply the realisation that one can't be a dictator over a woman's body. Pretty barbaric to force a woman to have a baby btw.

Let me break it down for you.

I'm pro-choice. I recognise that women have a right to choose whether they can have an abortion or not. However, that does not mean I actively want everyone to get an abortion, or whether I'd agree with any potential SO having one. But I believe the choice should be available in any case.

definition of a hypocrite?

• Advertisement

Corkfeen wrote: »
    It's simply acceptance that women should have the right to choose. That's not pro-abortion, it's simply the realisation that one can't be a dictator over a woman's body. Pretty barbaric to force a woman to have a baby btw.

barbaric...laughable,its natural,would you not say its barbaric to murder a child??

Uh no. Not really. Hypocritical would be saying no-one but my SO can have an abortion. You fail to recognise time and again that this debate is not black and white. It is a nuanced shades of gray discussion.

Hypocritical to believe that people should be allowed to do something you choose not to do? No, not at all. I choose not to sky dive, that doesn't mean I think it should be outlawed. That's common sense, not hypocrisy.

barbaric...laughable,its natural,would you not say its barbaric to murder a child??

Does that mean you're against contraception because it's not natural?

Please stop appealing to emotion. It undermines your argument.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

So you would force a woman to have the baby that was conceived when she was brutally gang raped?

bumper234 wrote: »
    So you would force a woman to have the baby that was conceived when she was brutally gang raped?

uh huh,i believe in these cases adoption is the only option although id imaging most women would chose to keep the baby,i cant prove this i just have faith in the majority of irish women,motherly love is a strong instinct that thankfully most irish women have.

uh huh,i believe in these cases adoption is the only option although id imaging most women would chose to keep the baby,i cant prove this i just have faith in the majority of irish women,motherly love is a strong instinct that thankfully most irish women have.

Are. You. F**king. KIDDING.

You honestly think most women would keep a child that was brought about through rape? Your moral and cognitive dissonance shown so far is astounding.

Forcing a woman who was raped to carry a child to term and give birth is one of the most disgusting ideas I've ever heard. You obviously don't know much about adoption in ireland either if you think a child is adopted easily.

Are. You. F**king. KIDDING.

You honestly think most women would keep a child that was brought about through rape? Your moral and cognitive dissonance shown so far is astounding.

language please this is just bad manners.

But lets say that out of 5 cases 1 woman decides that she cannot go through with it, maybe she is too traumatized and not strong enough mentally to go through with it. Should she be allowed to terminate the pregnancy or would you have her locked up under guard 24/7 and forced to carry the baby to term?

So is forcing rape victims to carry the product of the rape in their body for nine months. You can hardly moralise.

NO!

You are not sneaking away from this debate like that. Please justify in great detail why a woman should be forced to carry to term a child conceived in a rape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

NO!

You are not sneaking away from this debate like that. Please justify in great detail why a woman should be forced to carry to term a child conceived in a rape.

Because not giving birth makes the baby Jesus cry.

*holds up sarcasm sign*

NO!

no?? hang on a minute!!! you do understand that abortions are not granted in ireland for rape thats illegal,maybe you should take to the street do you think you could muster up 30,000 to march with you i doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,571 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I am pro-choice. I recognise that anybody has the right to choose whether they can go to a Justin Bieber concert or not. However, that does not mean I actively want everyone to go to a Justin Bieber concert, or whether I would go to one myself. But I believe the choice to go should be available in any case.

Is that the definition of a hypocrite?

And yes, I brought this down to the level of a typical youtube comment section

no?? hang on a minute!!! you do understand that abortions are not granted in ireland for rape thats illegal,maybe you should take to the street do you think you could muster up 30,000 to march with you i doubt it.

And once again you avoid the difficult questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

The question isn't about the legislation, the question is about justifying your view.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    And once again you avoid the difficult questions.

i have answered this question in previous posts,i told you im very popular on this thread i dont have time to answer the same questions twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

It would pass on a referendum which is all that matters to be perfectly blunt. YD mustering forces is not a representation of public opinion, thankfully .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

i have answered this question in previous posts,i told you im very popular on this thread i dont have time to answer the same questions twice.

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

You seemed to miss this so i will repost for you to answer.

But lets say that out of 5 cases 1 woman decides that she cannot go through with it, maybe she is too traumatized and not strong enough mentally to go through with it. Should she be allowed to terminate the pregnancy or would you have her locked up under guard 24/7 and forced to carry the baby to term?

So why do you have the time to post inane, unrelated ramblings, but not a response to what's actually written in the posts you quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Your moral and cognitive dissonance shown so far is astounding.

No more of this please.:)

• Advertisement

bumper234 wrote: »
    You seemed to miss this so i will repost for you to answer.

He's too popular to answer the questions of us mere mortals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement