Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is online laser/debit card payment not working?

Options
  • 27-08-2012 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I have been trying to make a payment online using a laser card and I keep getting the message "Your payment has been unsuccessful for technical reasons" and tells me to check with my bank and try again later. I checked with my bank and there is no reason that they will not accept the transaction. Is something wrong with this service at the moment? I have never used it before so I don't know if I could be doing something wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Rider66,

This does not appear to be a website issue - we just carried out a test payment. What browser are you using?

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rider66

I'm using firefox.

Any joy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rider66

I tried 5 times and finally decided to go in and pay at the Post Office. So I don't know what was wrong but I never did get it working. Maybe I'll try again next bill.

Hi Rider66

I can appreciate that must have been frustrating. I have advised I.T. to see if they can investigate it/offer assistance.

All the best,
    Una

• Advertisement

Hi again Rider66,

This has been investigated thoroughly. Unfortunately there is no issue with the website that would explain what happened in your case, and no abnormal number of failed payments reported.

All we can suggest is: it may be a browser issue.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Manu741852963

Hi Una (two years later),

I had the same problem and found out that payments can be made when using InternetExplorer instead of Firefox. Your IT is obviously not capable of fixing that issue even that problem occured two years ago :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Manu741852963,

Thank you for your message.

Our IT department test off a range of different browsers to ensure the website is up to date. We're sorry to read you had problems with the payment system. We'll certainly pass on your feedback to our IT department with regard to this problem you've experienced with Firefox.

If you've any questions about your account with us, do let us know.

Regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement