Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you fail a repeat module, can you link it in and continue on to your second year?

Options
  • 27-08-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Can you carry the module over to your 2nd year if you fail the repeat and your QCA >2.0?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Spectre92 wrote: »
    Can you carry the module over to your 2nd year if you fail the repeat and your QCA >2.0?

AFAICT, no. You'll have to do the module separately and then progress to 2nd year next September.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Spectre92

Ah okay I get. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rubysgirl

Do well in it too, you can't progress to the next year unless you have a QCA of 2.0 or above!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

It's a bit of a balls if you only fail one repeat that you can't continue and repeat it again.

Daniel S wrote: »
    It's a bit of a balls if you only fail one repeat that you can't continue and repeat it again.

Say what? :eek:

EDIT: Oh wait, please tell me you mean that it's a pity you can't continue to the next academic year and repeat the module you failed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 dementedmole5

How much must you pay if you have to repeat one module for one semester?

How much must you pay if you have to repeat one module for one semester?

Varies per department, but in or around €500 AFAIK.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Say what? :eek:

EDIT: Oh wait, please tell me you mean that it's a pity you can't continue to the next academic year and repeat the module you failed?
    As you can probably tell from my last sentence, my head is foooooked at this stage.... :rolleyes: But that is what I meant! :D

Daniel S wrote: »
    As you can probably tell from my last sentence, my head is foooooked at this stage.... :rolleyes: But that is what I meant! :D

Jesus Christ man! Don't EVER do that to me again! :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

what results do you need then to do a link in module?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 rubysgirl

A QCA above 2.0 and be really lucky that your new modules don't clash with the link in. I'm pretty sure they don't accomodate it for you though, it's shear luck that they don't!

rubysgirl wrote: »
    A QCA above 2.0 and be really lucky that your new modules don't clash with the link in. I'm pretty sure they don't accomodate it for you though, it's shear luck that they don't!
    You sure of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

rubysgirl wrote: »

You don't do any new modules, you only study the failed module and have to pass it in order to progress to your next years studies.
    You can't progress until you have completed all the modules for any given year, if the module you fail is in semester two you have to wait until Jan having to sit out semester one but you still have to pay the fees to be registered for the year.

Agent_99 wrote: »
    You don't do any new modules, you only study the failed module and have to pass it in order to progress to your next years studies.
    You can't progress until you have completed all the modules for any given year, if the module you fail is in semester two you have to wait until Jan having to sit out semester one but you still have to pay the fees to be registered for the year.

But don't you only have to pay the fees for the module you failed? As in if you're repeating one module, your fees for the year would be the €500-ish for module, and not the €2250?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

But don't you only have to pay the fees for the module you failed? As in if you're repeating one module, your fees for the year would be the €500-ish for module, and not the €2250?

But the 2000 would fall under reg fees.
    So would it not be reg fee + cost of module?

Oh.....

Words cannot describe how unhappy that has made me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

Jester252 wrote: »
    But the 2000 would fall under reg fees.
    So would it not be reg fee + cost of module?
    Oh.....
    Words cannot describe how unhappy that has made me.

you'll just pay the cost of repeating the module (link-in), not the registration fees

mid wrote: »
    you'll just pay the cost of repeating the module (link-in), not the registration fees

I love you. <3

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dementedmole5

mid wrote: »
    Would your fee's just go back to normal then for the rest of your degree? Once you pass that one module and move on to the next year. Just your normal registration fee's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

Would your fee's just go back to normal then for the rest of your degree? Once you pass that one module and move on to the next year. Just your normal registration fee's?
    yes
    previously asked here

• Advertisement
Advertisement