Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email address for aldi complaint?

Options
  • 27-08-2012 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of an email address for Aldi? Recently got near the end of one of their bramwells vinegar bottles and horrifically discovered it was full of small flies.

I don't want to pay through the nose on a phonecall to them but would drop them an email. If anyone could note an email or some other means I should be using to handle this certain issue it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I'd forward any complain though the Food Safety Authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

I'd forward any complain though the Food Safety Authority.

That was my first step after realising they didn't have an email to hand. Tried the number and with the amount of people in the call queue cut my losses there and then and hung up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Write to them:

Aldi Stores, Newbridge Road, Naas, County Kildare

OR

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/company/3170.htm and get them to connect you to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Does anyone know of an email address for Aldi? Recently got near the end of one of their bramwells vinegar bottles and horrifically discovered it was full of small flies.

I don't want to pay through the nose on a phonecall to them but would drop them an email. If anyone could note an email or some other means I should be using to handle this certain issue it would be much appreciated.

It might've picked up the flies in your house. I keep an open bottle of vinegar near the bin to take care of the tiny little fruit flies that hang out on fruit and the like. I only discovered that flies like vinegar by leaving the cap off accidentally...

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Cheers might try the property email and see if they can forward a different one.
    I only discovered that flies like vinegar by leaving the cap off accidentally...

Always kept the cap on when not in use. I can only fathom that it was like that when bottled from source.
    Ah well, I'm more concerned the entire batch may have been compromised rather than my own well being...I appear to still be alive after using 3/4 of the bottle but still I don't exactly want to have hundreds of small flies in every bottle of vinegar I purchase.

Fsa got back to me to take a few details, they appear to be handling the concern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

All was needed was to take the bottle back to your local store. Aldi take that kind of thing very seriously and your complaint would have been escalated to head office immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

All was needed was to take the bottle back to your local store. Aldi take that kind of thing very seriously and your complaint would have been escalated to head office immediately.

This is true' they handle all complaints at shop level' I saw a customer in our local store got a 500 euro voucher' not sure what it was for tho.

But I don't think it'll do any harm sending another letter to the head quarters in Nass.

When you say recently ' when exactly did you buy the bottle.?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Cheers might try the property email and see if they can forward a different one.

Always kept the cap on when not in use. I can only fathom that it was like that when bottled from source.
    Ah well, I'm more concerned the entire batch may have been compromised rather than my own well being...I appear to still be alive after using 3/4 of the bottle but still I don't exactly want to have hundreds of small flies in every bottle of vinegar I purchase.

Fsa got back to me to take a few details, they appear to be handling the concern.

Same happened to a bottle I had, but it was Sarsons.

Very easy to happen on a hot day if you leave the cap off for 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My initial thought is that the flies got in when the bottle was open. Those little fruit flies don't need much encouragement. Leaving out open vinegar bottles is actually an old-fashioned way of trapping flies.

If you want to proceed, then you're probably best off heading back to the store. Aldi (and Lidl) handle a lot of things through store level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Vinegar is a great disinfectant.

The flies you may have eaten would have been quite clean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 still queueing

:D
    Xcellor wrote: »
    Vinegar is a great disinfectant.

The flies you may have eaten would have been quite clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

This is true' they handle all complaints at shop level' I saw a customer in our local store got a 500 euro voucher' not sure what it was for tho.

But I don't think it'll do any harm sending another letter to the head quarters in Nass.

When you say recently ' when exactly did you buy the bottle.?

Based on experience that was damage control so they wouldn't sue... they offered me the sun, moon and stars when my daughter burned her cornea when one of the liquid tabs burst into her face (and yes, I do understand that I should have been supervising her but she wasn't with me at the time). I didn't even ring to complain about anything just to tell them they might want to change the warnings on the pack because it never said anything about burns, just mild irritation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Where I work they are looking at taking the liquid tabs off the market as there have been so many cases of children eating them. Poor love.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Where I work they are looking at taking the liquid tabs off the market as there have been so many cases of children eating them. Poor love.

Idiotic really,
    Liquid tabs are cleaning products just like bleach etc, if parents are too stupid to keep them out of reach of children its idiotic to drop the product out right,

Of course liquid tabs are a con from the start price wise as you are better off getting powder when it comes to the price you pay per gram

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cabaal wrote: »
    Idiotic really,
    Liquid tabs are cleaning products just like bleach etc, if parents are too stupid to keep them out of reach of children its idiotic to drop the product out right,

Of course liquid tabs are a con from the start price wise as you are better off getting powder when it comes to the price you pay per gram

Ah leave it ou

leave it fookin ou

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Customer Services at Aldi?

customerservice.naa@aldi.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

wmpdd3 wrote: »

I have a 3 year old and when she was 2 she pirced a tablet and put it in her mouth, cried her eyes put, 30 mins later was gona do same thing.

Yeh yeh I know I'm a bad parent for not having them locked away in a safe somewhere :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jjwhitty

Cabaal wrote: »
    Idiotic really,

maybe he havE a septic tank/ and cant use powder. it blocks up soak pit. very expensive for a new pit

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement