Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years in Dingle

Options
  • 27-08-2012 3:26pm

Hi all,

myself and the OH are deciding whether to stay in Ireland or go abroad for New Years. A bit early to be thinking about it you might say but we're just going through the options and weighing up the costs.

Anyway, I've heard Dingle is great for New Years. We go down a lot, but not at that time of the year. However when I search for accommodation around new years I only get the Skellig Hotel back, no B&B's.

I know most B&B's shut for a few months, but I though maybe they open for New Years? Can anybody point me in the right direction as to places that might be open? The Skellig is far too expensive to stay in.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Cardex

Stayed in this place last March www.castlewooddingle.com/

It's won some international award from Tripadvisor. Really outstanding guesthouse and the couple that run it could not be nicer. They cook your breakfast to order every morning. Great food. Very reasonably priced. I wouldn't surprised if it was already booked out for new years but their parents have a place next door too. About 5 or 10 minutes walk from the town centre.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Castlewood is expensive, for a b and b and isn't in the town centre..New Year's in Dingle is good craic.What about the Capall Dubh on Green st?

Advertisement