Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

perth jobs, moving to perth

Options
  • 27-08-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

i am leaving ireland and flying to perth on a one year working holiday visa with a view to extending it to 2 years at the end of september. i would like to hit the ground running in regards to work.
    i have quite a number of years experience when it comes to retail sales and management of a electrical department.
    any information would be appreciated in regards to people i could contact with any kind of work whether it be in retail or any other.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

i am leaving ireland and flying to perth on a one year working holiday visa with a view to extending it to 2 years at the end of september. i would like to hit the ground running in regards to work.
    i have quite a number of years experience when it comes to retail sales and management of a electrical department.
    any information would be appreciated in regards to people i could contact with any kind of work whether it be in retail or any other.

What do you mean by the above? If you are looking for a 2nd WHV it will take at least till December and retail probably doesn't fit the jobs criteria too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 andydunleavy

im leaving the mandatory farm work until next year so i can apply for 2nd whv. i was wondering if anybody knew of any retailers that would be hiring or who i could approach when i arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

im leaving the mandatory farm work until next year so i can apply for 2nd whv. i was wondering if anybody knew of any retailers that would be hiring or who i could approach when i arrive
    There should be plenty of retail jobs coming up to Christmas anyway. Most will just be seasonal.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 andydunleavy

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

im leaving the mandatory farm work until next year

I'd recommend trying to get this out of the way first. Its a good way of saving money and saves the panic when your visa is nearly up of trying to secure work farmwork.

You can sometimes spend your first 1-2 months here trying to find work, especially around Summertime.

• Advertisement
Advertisement