Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia U to be won, marking launch of Electric Ireland's Simple Guide videos!

Options
  • 27-08-2012 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Prefer to wait for the movie version instead of reading the book? Well, at Electric Ireland, we have just launched a series of handy videos (available here on our website) to help our customers understand a range of topics, e.g meter-reading, analysing your bill, and setting up/using online billing.

To celebrate this launch, we are running a competition, offering one lucky winner a great prize: the new Sony Xperia U smartphone (SIM-free)!

XperiaUresize.jpg

This handset has, appropriately given the competition topic, high definition video recording. It looks fantastic and features scheduled OS updates, access to the best from Google Play and a six-month subscription to the Sony Entertainment Network so the customer has access to over 15 million audio tracks and 80,000 videos.

To enter our competition, simply post what you would film if you could film anything in the world (as always, please keep it appropriate! :p) – it could be a sport, a nature walk, Christmas morning... or something completely different. The winner will be chosen randomly as per our terms and conditions and the competition finishes this time next Monday, 3rd September (mandatory song reference: the day the winner will always remember).

Best wishes all!
    Una/David, Electric Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

I would record the new year's eve in my town around the midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Any of the great annual natural happenings such as the migration of animals in Africa, the great Atlantic salmon run, the turtle egg-laying or the arrival of the Canadian white-fronted geese in the sloblands of Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I would record a meteor shower.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I would film the annual fire festival in Sukagawa, Japan. A wonderous visual treat of massive burning hay chimneys and effigies, lit by brave locals shimmying up to the top of the extremely tall constructions. Amazing sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

Usain Bolt running 100m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I would record a clock, for 24 hours, allowing me to rewind pause and fast forward time itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

I would record my reaction to winning this phone! I'd be screaming my head off! I'd looking something like this... http://ow.ly/dgioS

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭spideyman92

id record my cousins kittens rolling around on the floor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I would film the expression on my face when I discovered I'd just won a Sony Experia phoneamajig thingie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alison1991

i would visit the 7 wonders of the world one each year on new-years eve and record the sunrise and sunset and all the festivities each place hosts, as new-years eve is my birthday it would be a great way to celebrate it, and a dream come true. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Etm

Id Film all us apprentices time from year one to year 6 with esb ireland :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I'd film some of the deep sea creatures that haven't been seen on camera before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dedpacman

I'd film myself and me beautiful gf on our trip to the cliffs moher :)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭DailyBlaa

I would record my nieces first steps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

id film the comedy that is my family life and make millions from it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

I'd bring it to the electric picnic and film the revellers enjoying themselves and getting up to no good.Knowing my luck i'd probably lose the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

The birth of my first child in a few weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I love to record the fireworks in our local town on August Bank Holiday Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭energy69

I want to film all the world leaders holding hands, laughing, jumping up and down on a bouncy castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Macro of someone peeling a spud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭pdstck

All-Ireland hurling final, it will be savage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

I'd record the sun setting on Bantry Bay on an autumn evening

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭cnoc

I would like to film the trajectory of a bullet fired in to the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

I'd film me......with U

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Mugsy_P

I'd film my Ultimate Frisbee team's weekend at Nationals in 2 weeks (should help quiet some cynics!)!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matjay

I would have loved to have been there to film our pressie Mickie D Higgins call your man a wa***r :D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

The Northern Lights, seen them once in Sligo, pure magic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

I'd film the shadows cast by the light clouds that glide over the serene landscape of the Maam valley in Connemara on a sunny day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I would record my tiny little Pomeranian dog barking and trying to kill the neighbours huge cat. She thinks she's a bloody Doberman!

Advertisement