Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gokster

No the email is a 5.40 increase on the variety pack specifically i had other discounts running out and I agreed a new discount based on signing up for 12 months which has been more than 50% eroded by this increase within 21 days of signing...

In truth you may be right is this is a hidden increase on the rest given my increase on the variety pack is double what is quoted by geriatric...sneaky and underhanded if so

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Sky are offering a free tv for new sign ups. Did anybody ever get a free tv when they threaten to cancel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Sky are offering a free tv for new sign ups. Did anybody ever get a free tv when they threaten to cancel?

No dream on, this is sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The "free" tv is nothing to write home about anyway.

bazz26 wrote: »
    The "free" tv is nothing to write home about anyway.

yea its a "hotel" model.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Need to call to cancel the weekend. Currently on 40% off , anyone get offered anything decent lately ?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Need to call to cancel the weekend. Currently on 40% off , anyone get offered anything decent lately ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Rang to cancel today.....

Offered 65.70 per month instead of current bill of 105.00
    12 month contract.

variety, sports, movies, hd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

jprender wrote: »

12 month contract.

....WOW!!! thats some comedown!!!

I on €105 but dont want to lose anything for XMAS...might ring in on December 5th of so and give 30 days notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

jprender wrote: »

12 month contract.

Does that inc phone / bb ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

ads20101 wrote: »
    Does that inc phone / bb ?

No, just tv

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭ben36

I rang 2 weeks ago to cancel,couldn't justify paying €120 a month for variety,sports, movies, hd and 1 multiroom.Only offered €10 off for another year contract so cancelled and gave the 30 days notice.Got an email yesterday off them giving me 35% off if i signed up for another.Grand i thought clicked on the signup button and thought i'd be only paying around €78.Got a email off them an hour later saying thanks for signing up and my bill is discounted by only €30 a month.What i didn't realize is the discount doesn't apply to hd and multiroom but i was sure when i signed up it said on any package.If i ring them again will i be able even drop the HD as i was only going to go back if the bill dropped below €80 or is it tough iv'e signed up for another year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Are there any Black Fri deals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

ben36 wrote: »
    I rang 2 weeks ago to cancel,couldn't justify paying €120 a month for variety,sports, movies, hd and 1 multiroom.Only offered €10 off for another year contract so cancelled and gave the 30 days notice.Got an email yesterday off them giving me 35% off if i signed up for another.Grand i thought clicked on the signup button and thought i'd be only paying around €78.Got a email off them an hour later saying thanks for signing up and my bill is discounted by only €30 a month.What i didn't realize is the discount doesn't apply to hd and multiroom but i was sure when i signed up it said on any package.If i ring them again will i be able even drop the HD as i was only going to go back if the bill dropped below €80 or is it tough iv'e signed up for another year?

You're still within your 14-day cooling off period, so you can still tell them take a hike & see what they'll offer to keep you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

What i didn't realize is the discount doesn't apply to hd and multiroom but i was sure when i signed up it said on any package.

Sky's discount has never applied to the multi room or HD for some strange reason.
    Always had that argument with them but they have never budged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Sky's discount has never applied to the multi room or HD for some strange reason.
    Always had that argument with them but they have never budged.

I'm with them 8 years and never paid them full rate for either HD or multi-room.

Fair dues.
    You are the 1st person I've ever heard of getting discounts especially for multi room.
    So if you got 40% off offer, that came off the gross amount including multi room?

Fair dues.
    You are the 1st person I've ever heard of getting discounts especially for multi room.
    So if you got 40% off offer, that came off the gross amount including multi room?

I can't remember the exact figures but I do know I was getting HD for 7.50 and multi room for the same. That was 9 months ago and they're ending as I'm heading to full price for the remaining 3 months of the contract. I'll be on the blower this week to haggle with them.

You're still within your 14-day cooling off period, so you can still tell them take a hike & see what they'll offer to keep you.

Be ready for a long protracted argument they insisted to me that they didn't have a cooling off period I had to go through 4 or 5 calls and insist on speaking to a manager, poor customer service. Sly

Fair dues.

Sometimes you can get a lot in one offer & others are at different sub dates.

Like i asked once when some of mine were finishing & the sky guy was surprised i had that many offers on mine, i just always assumed sky staff get discounts too?

I had to do something one time, as my bill was around €158 once :o
    I'll have to ring up soon regarding BB

They can be fly at that, as when they have a % off Broadband, you instantly assume its BB+Phone, but no it's just the BB only, when it suits them, as i've had this discussion with sky before :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Sometimes you can get a lot in one offer & others are at different sub dates.

Like i asked once when some of mine were finishing & the sky guy was surprised i had that many offers on mine, i just always assumed sky staff get discounts too?

I had to do something one time, as my bill was around €158 once :o
    I'll have to ring up soon regarding BB

They can be fly at that, as when they have a % off Broadband, you instantly assume its BB+Phone, but no it's just the BB only, when it suits them, as i've had this discussion with sky before :(

Sky staff get 100% free tv (whole package), and half price BB

When they get the time to watch it, no doubt sky have them working long hours :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I cancelled earlier this month and just have FTA now, don't miss Sky at all even though I had it for 16 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

And how do you know that out of interest, mister I don’t work for Sky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

thelad95 wrote: »
    And how do you know that out of interest, mister I don’t work for Sky?

My mate worked for sky customer service and said the same. He got sky boxes fitted in every room of the house just because he could. (Bathroom Excluded)

I don't know if this has been posted, but Carphone Warehouse are doing an offer on sky, as it seems like a good deal on TV afaik it's 1/3 off.

What surprised me about it, there was a sky kiosk not too far away in the Shopping Centre & they had a much better deal than $ky ;):rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Currently paying E171 pm. Full package + 1 multiroom and phone and broadband. Have rung to get a better deal but they are offering E146. They are also offering upgrade to 2 x Sky Q boxes with free installation. New customers to Sky are offered a 32' tv plus a decent enough deal so it doesn't look a brilliant deal. What do you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭roisinbeag

Currently paying E171 pm. Full package + 1 multiroom and phone and broadband. Have rung to get a better deal but they are offering E146. They are also offering upgrade to 2 x Sky Q boxes with free installation. New customers to Sky are offered a 32' tv plus a decent enough deal so it doesn't look a brilliant deal. What do you think ?

Currently I'm paying 158 per month for full package, multiroom, phone and crap broadband. Was onto them yesterday about another issue and asked if they could do something for me about the price as have been paying this amount for quite a while now - agent said she couldn't do anything for me, but recommended I downgrade my package instead . Am with them about 13 years now - and looks like I'm now just gonna have to go down the cancellation route to get something out of them! Wouldn't be so bad if the phone calls didn't take soooo long!

roisinbeag wrote: »
    Currently I'm paying 158 per month for full package, multiroom, phone and crap broadband. Was onto them yesterday about another issue and asked if they could do something for me about the price as have been paying this amount for quite a while now - agent said she couldn't do anything for me, but recommended I downgrade my package instead . Am with them about 13 years now - and looks like I'm now just gonna have to go down the cancellation route to get something out of them! Wouldn't be so bad if the phone calls didn't take soooo long!

The cancellation calls takes 45mins to an hr

:eek:
    Wow.
    That's a long time.
    Can they not just cancel, knowing they will send out a 35% off offer which a
    good number of people would take up.
    there was a sky kiosk not too far away in the Shopping Centre & they had a much better deal than $ky

What was the kiosk offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

A novel approach - I got transferred to an insurance company, then to sky UK before eventually getting to Sky Ireland after 14 minutes. Im on a pretty basic package of €39.50. They offered to reduce to €30.50 if I enter a 12 month contract or €35 on a rolling monthly. Went for the latter to get past Christmas then will have a look again in January.

Thinking of going the hookey box route, just sick of this malarkey every 9 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

liam7831 wrote: »

Call them on a Saturday........never takes that long

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

liam7831 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭ben36

Cancelled the hd with no problems.So for a bill that was hitting €120 a month got it down to €73 odd.Happy enough with that

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Second Yellow

ctlsleh wrote: »

Didn't know you could. Thanks for that.

Cancelled the hd with no problems.So for a bill that was hitting €120 a month got it down to €73 odd.Happy enough with that

€47 for HD? You must have dropped something else too.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Iamhere

Just of the phone to sky cancellations, long term customer, offer up since last month told them I was going to vodafone no attempt to keep my customer no offer.

Iamhere wrote: »
    Just of the phone to sky cancellations, long term customer, offer up since last month told them I was going to vodafone no attempt to keep my customer no offer.

I think they're toning it down on the phone they got a lot of stick over it in the UK. Leave it for a few days and see do they contact you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

I cancelled Sky a few weeks back, its due to be cut off tomorrow. I was on the Variety HD pack for E42 a month. They offered to cut it down to E33 first then E28 and the @17.50 with a 12 month contract. No, No and No thanks. Barely look at it. If anyone is smart enough there are better alternatives out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Was on 50%, cancelled as 12 months is up Sunday. Got a text offering 35% off which I took. Removed the movies so now paying €7 extra for everything bar the movies.

I don't know if you call this a deal, but i see that the Chelsea v West Ham is FTA on Sky Sports Mix on Sat, actually it's a free to air channel, with certain sports on it, some live european football too.

Enjoy.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I don't know if you call this a deal, but i see that the Chelsea v West Ham is FTA on Sky Sports Mix on Sat, actually it's a free to air channel, with certain sports on it, some live european football too.

Enjoy.:)

Are you sure this channel is FTA?

Maybe you mean FTV? ...... requiring a Sky box and decryption card ......

EDIT:-

Yes, according to this
    The channel is FREE for all Sky TV subscribers.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/3594527/sky-sports-mix-free-west-ham-vs-chelsea/

So it is FTV and not FTA. ;)

Are you sure this channel is FTA?

Maybe you mean FTV? ...... requiring a Sky box and decryption card ......

EDIT:-

Yes, according to this

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/3594527/sky-sports-mix-free-west-ham-vs-chelsea/

So it is FTV and not FTA. ;)

There's always one!!

jca wrote: »
    There's always one!!

Yeah ....... always one who cannot tell the difference! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yeah ....... always one who cannot tell the difference! :rolleyes:

I see what you mean ;):rolleyes::P
    But some fans have been confused about how to watch the channel.
    West Ham vs Brighton will be shown live on Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports Mix, Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Ultra HD.

The EPG seems to have changed since I last looked ...... difficult to know what to believe at this point :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Sorted Roisinbeag. They rang me back to see what I was doing with my broadband. I said I was cancelling everything with them. They offered me E50 a month less per month. It's now E119 with full package movies + sports, upgrade to Sky Q with 2 boxes + phone and broadband. I don't think thats too bad for that so I took that offer for 12 months

For anyone wanting to watch the Katie Taylor fight, the whole program is now on SkySportsMix, as it's Free to Air/FTV ;)

I think she's on @ 9.45pm?

As the EPG says it's on til Midnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭geriatric

Just signed up on sky's basic pack for 12 months at €21.50 per month

• Advertisement
Advertisement