Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kenn0

Cancelled variety pack. I was offered €9 off a month. I got put through to another sky rep offered 35% off for 12 months €25 Went with a no thank you. The waiting game now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Mine has gone back up to 93 so will be cancelling soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Mine has gone back up to 93 so will be cancelling soon.

Same as that, I’m in contract until February I’ll ring then.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭limerickpat

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057822637

from the main bargain alerts forum, 50% off for 9 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057822637

from the main bargain alerts forum, 50% off for 9 months
    You're a bit late with the above......

Offer ends December 28th 2017.
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Luna Moon Hunter

Was on 40% off (€23.40) for the last 9 months and full price of €39 for the last 2 months for Variety Package. Rang to cancel and give my notice yesterday and was offered the same with 60% off for 9 months (working out at €15.60) on 12 month contract. No waiting time whatsorver and only about 5 minutes on the phone and the rep was great and really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

rang today, was on an offer which is coming to an end.

I have Original, HD and Sports, paying 63Euro, the price was going to go up to 90Euro, so cancelled, the best offer they could do is 70Euro so i went ahead and cancelled.....let's see what happens next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

ctlsleh wrote: »
    rang today, was on an offer which is coming to an end.

I have Original, HD and Sports, paying 63Euro, the price was going to go up to 90Euro, so cancelled, the best offer they could do is 70Euro so i went ahead and cancelled.....let's see what happens next.

Nothing unless you call them back

liam7831 wrote: »
    Nothing unless you call them back

Ill call them back in 29 days and see if they have a better offer, ill also check the app.......
    others seem to have got a better discount, dropping me to 70 is only 25%, i would expect at least 35% for a new 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Iamhere

Ill call them back in 29 days and see if they have a better offer, ill also check the app.......
    others seem to have got a better discount, dropping me to 70 is only 25%, i would expect at least 35% for a new 12 month contract.

Just off the phone to sky, also offered 25%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Let the notice run out. Then check the app or call them up to see what they can offer you to come back. I got a good deal this way.

I let the notice run, currently cancelled and still 25%

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Let the notice run out. Then check the app or call them up to see what they can offer you to come back. I got a good deal this way.

I'm cut off about 10 days now, where on the app does it show offers?

Haven't heard anything from them since my call to cancel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

The defeated me. I went to cancel. Genuinely wanted to. I refused every offer until I was put through to the very last guy. He asked could I live with €27 for basic + HD (I was paying €39.50) on a 12 month contract. So I agreed. Its a good deal, but I still lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Iamhere wrote: »
    I let the notice run, currently cancelled and still 25%

That's unusual. I got the variety package, hd and q multiroom for €45. I was paying close to €70 before I decided to cancel.

bot43 wrote: »
    The defeated me. I went to cancel. Genuinely wanted to. I refused every offer until I was put through to the very last guy. He asked could I live with €27 for basic + HD (I was paying €39.50) on a 12 month contract. So I agreed. Its a good deal, but I still lost.

thats 35%, had i been offered that, i probably would have taken it.......

they told me that if i came back within 12 months of cancelling that i would need to pay full price, the 25% discount offered wouldn't be available to me and that i would be considered a returning customer not a new customer, so couldn't avail of new customer deals until month 13.......!

i just said fine, lets go ahead with the cancellation, the guy didnt push me too hard to try to keep me......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Anybody on the €49 (basic sky q phone and fibre) get a retentions deal? My offer is running out, not fussed about keeping the tv, but might if the deal was right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Coming off a deal and my bill is due to go up to €166pm for variety tv(inc sport),multi room,HD,broadband and phone.

I have rang up to cancel and was offer a €10 discount PM to try persude me to stay. Needless to say I will be joining Virgin media or Eir does anyone have any reccomendations?

Has anyone received a good deal not to cancel recently?

• Advertisement

In the end i settled on 40% off original and sports for 12 months with 12 month contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

In the end i settled on 40% off original and sports for 12 months with 12 month contract

Still a rip off, what's that a month ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Original package is 29.50 and Sports is 40.
    40% of that would be 41.70 a month, or am I missing something?

If that's case, it's a good deal. Have you a HD sub too?

IsMiseJoe wrote: »
    Original package is 29.50 and Sports is 40.
    40% of that would be 41.70 a month, or am I missing something?

If that's case, it's a good deal. Have you a HD sub too?

Ya it's €41.70, plus €16 for multi screen

That’s a great deal, I was o Ky offered 70 for original/sports and HD vs your 58 for more or less the same thing......!
    I’m due to be switched off in 2 weeks, should I call them up, what’s the recommendation?

Ya it's €41.70, plus €16 for multi screen

I'm tied into a €25 sports pack until March. They'll be getting a cancellation call in February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

I had no idea what we were paying until I saw this thread. We are with them 8 years. We're paying €55 a month for the variety pack and sky on demand, which they added to the account a while back without us asking! I thought it was free, that everyone got this! Is that package ok price wise? Someone in work was saying we are foolish paying that a month for tv these days....

snowgal wrote: »
    I had no idea what we were paying until I saw this thread. We are with them 8 years. We're paying €55 a month for the variety pack and sky on demand, which they added to the account a while back without us asking! I thought it was free, that everyone got this! Is that package ok price wise? Someone in work was saying we are foolish paying that a month for tv these days....

Ring me them today and cancel. They won't be long offering you a discount.

Just got an email with a 35% off original and sports, 12 month contract, that would bring me back to about €63 a month for original, sports and HD .......2 weeks to go to disconnection, I’m guessing Im unlikely to get anything better......?

Just got an email with a 35% off original and sports, 12 month contract, that would bring me back to about €63 a month for original, sports and HD .......2 weeks to go to disconnection, I’m guessing Im unlikely to get anything better......?

That's basically what I pay now. 29.50 for original, 25 sports, & 10 hd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Anybody get a deal for Original & Fibre & Talk after coming off the intro year?

Was paying €59 the past year but it's going up to €83.50 so looking to sort a deal now or else cancel/switch.

• Advertisement

That’s a great deal, I was o Ky offered 70 for original/sports and HD vs your 58 for more or less the same thing......!
    I’m due to be switched off in 2 weeks, should I call them up, what’s the recommendation?

I rang Sky to cancel on 1st December, nothing was offered, the package canceled on 2nd Jan, no offer available on their website or app, I rang Sky on 5th Jan and was offered 25% off, i declined.

I contracted the sky boards team and received a call from Sky on 8th Jan, in the end i was offered 35% off which i accepted but when the agent went to apply the discount to my account it turned into 40% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bif

I rang Sky to cancel on 1st December, nothing was offered, the package canceled on 2nd Jan, no offer available on their website or app, I rang Sky on 5th Jan and was offered 25% off, i declined.

I contracted the sky boards team and received a call from Sky on 8th Jan, in the end i was offered 35% off which i accepted but when the agent went to apply the discount to my account it turned into 40% off.

How long have you the discount for? How long is the contract?

Bif wrote: »
    How long have you the discount for? How long is the contract?

12 months for both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bif

12 months for both

Cheers

ive been offered 35% discount over email, from what i can determine, its only applies to original and sport and doesnt apply to HD.....however i was wondering if anyone ever went back and asked for it ro be applied to HD as well?

Also has anyone successfully negotiated an upgrade to Sky Q as part of the deal?

ive been offered 35% discount over email, from what i can determine, its only applies to original and sport and doesnt apply to HD.....however i was wondering if anyone ever went back and asked for it ro be applied to HD as well?

Also has anyone successfully negotiated an upgrade to Sky Q as part of the deal?

Last year I got 40% off for 12 months and upgraded to sky q at the same time.

I had to pay €80 for the sky q upgrade, sky q box plus a mini box

Was the Sky Q upgrade worth it in your opinion? i would love to have 4K, but i don't need a second box, are there any other features that make it worth the upgrade?

What package have you got, how much per month?
    I got Variety+movies+multiroom for €78.50 new 12 month contract, I'm still using the sky+ boxes. The €78.50 is for the 12 months.
    I wouldn't mind putting in a payment to get SkyQ

jca wrote: »
    I got Variety+movies+multiroom for €78.50 new 12 month contract, I'm still using the sky+ boxes. The €78.50 is for the 12 months.
    The full price for that would be €85 I think so effectively they have given you approx 8% discount. Not much compared to others. Are you still within 14 days of agreeing new contract?

muffler wrote: »
    The full price for that would be €85 I think so effectively they have given you approx 8% discount. Not much compared to others. Are you still within 14 days of agreeing new contract?

HD as well. I'm still within the 14 days. Maybe it's just me but I'm finding it very difficult to get proper prices from the site, it makes it hard to get a bottom line price.

• Advertisement

jca wrote: »
    HD as well. I'm still within the 14 days. Maybe it's just me but I'm finding it very difficult to get proper prices from the site, it makes it hard to get a bottom line price.
    Thats a better deal or at least better than what I thought. You would be coming close to 25% off so.

Full prices are hard to nail down but if you scroll down to the bottom of the page showing the various offers and click on where it says "here's the legal bit" it will describe the various offers and the cost of same after 12 months or whenever the offer expires.

AFAIK the current full prices for the bits and pieces you have in your pack are...
    Variety - €39
    Movies - €29
    Multiroom - €17
    HD - €17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Thought multi-room was €16?

muffler wrote: »
    Thats a better deal or at least better than what I thought. You would be coming close to 25% off so.

Full prices are hard to nail down but if you scroll down to the bottom of the page showing the various offers and click on where it says "here's the legal bit" it will describe the various offers and the cost of same after 12 months or whenever the offer expires.

AFAIK the current full prices for the bits and pieces you have in your pack are...
    Variety - €39
    Movies - €29
    Multiroom - €17
    HD - €17

Mine would be €101 at full price. Would it be worth my while ringing them back and trying to push for more? I could give them a fictional offer from VM story. Vm's tv packages are a good bit cheaper but not as good as sky but I won't tell them that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

but not as good as sky but I won't tell them that!!

You won't have to, Virgin read the threads on here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just to update. I’m on the promotional €49 bundle for basic sky q and fibre and a phone I don’t use.
    The offer I got was €59 for 12 months. Or €47 without tv. If I was dropping tv I’d probably go with eir.

I know there are a lot of people on this €49 deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just off the phone after 25 minutes phone will the worst rep I’ve ever dealt with
    Hadn’t a clue about my account
    Dates of offers all wrong etc

Long story short she came back with some carp offers . Final one was 68 for sports variety and HD
    That’s about 15% off

Didn’t accept
    And now the waiting game begins
    Tbh if it goes it goes now at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

km79 wrote: »
    Just off the phone after 25 minutes phone will the worst rep I’ve ever dealt with

Long story short she came back with some carp offers . Final one was 68 for sports variety and HD
    That’s about 15% off

Didn’t accept

Carp isn't a nice fish...

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Phoned sky yesterday to cancel. I was offered €8 off a month. I said no thanks and then I was passed to someone else and was offered the variety package for €25 month for 12 months.

I wasn't going to accept any offer but I accepted that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

My bill is jumping from €103 to €155 next month when all my offers come off so I rang them yesterday to see if they can do anything for me seeing as Vodafone and Eir are offering me everything for €25 for 6 months and the best they could do was offer me €7.50 off my broadband.

I told her to take my 30 days notice and she told me it would be easier to go to another isp provider before cancelling with my UAN number so she gave it to me,

Am I missing something here or was she being straight up with me?

Also slightly off topic but I notice Three are doing home broadband now for €30 a month with a 750gb fair usage policy, I have serious 4g signal in my house sometimes up to 80mbps whereas my DSL speed is 30mbps Max so it seems like an option for me.

Anyone have it or hear anything about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »

That’s about 15% off

Didn’t accept
    Week 1
    Nothing

Advertisement