Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Rang today to cancel after being on €65 deal for internet, TV, sky sports and sport extra package - they offered me same for €108 with breakdown as follows;

Internet €40

Sky Signature €38

Sky Sports €20

Sports Extra €10

I will definitely keep the internet at that price. I want the sports but I’m essentially paying €68 for it when you add in Signature which we don’t use much - so I could just get NOW TV for a good bit cheaper.

If I go through with TV cancellation will I get a better offer there and then or hope for a call back before contract ends in 31 days?

Went through with the cancellation - they came with no counter offers! I'd like to keep it really so hopefully they'll be in touch with an offer - if not I'll have to go crawling back!

Will they still offer me discounts if I call back or will I be looking at the full price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I was coming to the end of my 6 months half price deals, the bill was jumping from 63 to 99. Tried my best but couldn't get him below 72 which is for Sig, multi room, HD, kids and movies. That will bring me to the end of my contact next year, I'll either go for Q or go to VM.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭geriatric

Are Sky obliged to let you know that your TV contract is coming to an end?

Mine expired in Nov 21 and they've charged me €43 since then for Signature package? Up from €22.

No I don't think so that's where they get you. They are obliged to inform you of price increases and are obliged to let you out of contract if it's over a certain percentage, (4% I think).

Pity it doesn't apply to energy providers I'm after been skulled by energia since October by much more than 4% and not one peep from them😡

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kenn0

Hi all starting cancellation today. What deals are people getting ? This what I will be paying if I go full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 090LD

Hi does anyone know if you get treated as a new customer if your already have a TV sub but looking to add Broadband?

43 euro. 

The discount we now have is 5 euro off signature, with an additional 7 euro off the core package. Reducing the bill to 31 euro.

any key get better than this??

I only have Tv with sky no BB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Just coming to the end of first year as "new customer" with Signature pack. Was due to jump from 25 p/m to 43.

Got someone fairly quickly on the phone and was offered 29pm straight away, no haggling. I know new customers are now paying 30 p/m for Signature and the agent confirmed that. Was happy enough with keeping it sub 30 till I see one or two people here are still getting it for 21 - 23. Maybe I should have cancelled and see what they offer as last resort. 🤔

Hi all further updates

I’m going sky Q

free upgrade and install. €31 per month for sub.

happy enough with that.

• Advertisement

Very nice. I'm thinking of going Q myself. Did you ring them or did they contact you?

I emailed to cancel

I got a call a week later offering skyHD at €31

and or change to sky Q €33 install fee sky q for free. Didn’t commit on call.

then contacted them through Facebook messenger. Offered free install, free 1TB sky q box and €31 pm for 12 months.

happy enough to change for that. Install next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Having an awful time trying to cancel sports and Cinema. I keep getting passed around through departments.

I get it through Now TV and they won't believe me that it's cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭TheHulk

Don't think you have HD there - just something to watch out for in case you expected it. Would be up to a tenner on top of the €31

We've been Sky customers for over 20 years. But we have Sky Signature+Kids that was going to be 47, sent them a message on Facebook and they said 35 but later in the day before I responded brought it to 33 for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

thanks for this. I want to message them too. Is it just through sky tv page on facebook?

Yep. I went to the page facebook.com/skyireland good luck. 👍🏻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Contacted the facebook post a few days ago to cancel sky. Got a SMS back saying i had to phone them to cancel...Ok...

on hold for 10 or so, got through and they verified i am a gold vip member, 5 years blah blah.

Current pricing was 91 euro in total, which was going to 146 euro soon.

Sky signature 43 euro

Kids package 8

Sky go extra free

Sky ultrafast max 1gb 44 euro (this is the one that is increasing to 95!)

Offer when i asked for cancellations

Sky signature 33 euro (for 1 year)

Kids 4 euro for 6 months only, no contract, month to month

Broadband 55 euro.

Total of...drum roll please.... 92 euro!

One euro more then i was on when i called them!

told them to go ahead with the cancellation. While i do like sky, thats far too much for whats on offer with no multiroom, no HD, no movies or sports etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Cancelled Sky Friday well they got the 30 days notice.. I'm sure I will be plagued with deals from them...

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Maybe, maybe not, they don't seem to be too bothered these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

eeehhhh,,,, don't think you will!!! They don't seem to give a shite about losing customers.....must be a new management team in there cos in the old days they would negotiate but not any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Do you know of any offers lately ?

Is the 30% off gone do you know .

I have everything ,sports movies ,broadband but just out of contract ,usually get around 30% off sent after going through with the 30 days notice .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Dropped Movies & Sport & Kids last year to bring my monthly from €113 back to a manageable €51. Spoke on the phone while dropping same and they didn't offer me anything to keep them on. A year later - and not one offer to reinstate any of the dropped options.

To be honest..... I have never missed them. Netflix is my go-to station every night.... So don't know if I will bother going back no matter what they offer

• Advertisement

I'm out of contract on Friday can I cancel and get a new install in the missus name or is it still forbidden? My package for a new sky Q customer is €45, I'm currently paying €86.

I left at Christmas and they wouldn’t negotiate or give me what other people on boards were managing to get but since then they’ve been ringing me and emailing me very regularly even though I’ve told them I’m in contract until December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Sent back the Sky Q a week ago got my first call just there...Sky Signature for 19 euros a month with a Sky Q 1TB Box and all the box sets etc...told them will think about it...

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭celt262

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I was out of contract and bill had gone up to around €200 ,, that's for for everything ,phone ,broadband ,movies all the sports including bt sport package ,rang to cancel and a helpful guy reduced it all to €131 month ,,phonecall only took about 15 minutes ,he offered that straight away .

It's for 12 months except sports but he gave me his name and said to ring him in 6 months and he will lower the sports again .

• Advertisement

I didn't I got Q installed, the bills are starting to creep up again time to give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Jaymacc

Was looking at staying with Eir for Q, 2 extra mini boxes and broadband and phone which was €145. They discounted to €30 and I canceled and moved to Eir 24 month package for €79 a month. Working perfectly but the only thing is you cannot record RTE or Virgin media so must watch on the Player which is actually really good on Eir’s system despite the adverts which play at the start of all shows. A month out of contract and Sky rang to offer a new deal and I hung up. They need to offer their best retention offer while still a customer and not when you have switched and are in contract.

Yep they need to cop on that people are not sitting around waiting for them to ring with an offer.

Is it 79 for the entire 24 months? Do you have 3 TV's for that? What channels are you getting for that, movies sports etc.

79 for 3 tv boxes (no movies or sports but never had them on Sky package) and 1gb fibre to the home broadband.

Totally agree. I spoke to them for 15 mins when cancelling and they were certain they could not reduce prices and then once canceled they start calling with offers so I just disconnect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭apache

I rang them last month to see if I could get the price down a bit but no go. I'm paying €70 a month. That's 40 for basic, 10 for HD and 20 for multiroom. I got a firestick so I was checking if I could save anything but I kinda need all them. I might get rid of Netflix as most of that is already on the firestick.

They certainly don't offer deals and discounts like they used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Bubonic

I signed up for Sky Glass yesterday. It was a call back from the registration form.

I need a new TV anyway, and am in a new house with only virgin for broadband, plus can't put up a dish so it suits me right now and the TV part is 0% finance. For the service offer its basically anything you want half price for 6 months on a 30 day contract but if you sign up before the full launch they give you €200 credit as well.

I took the Entertainment pack and Sports while half price anyway, but will cancel after 6 months and see if they run a new offer then.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

is returning the equipment free after cancelling-I got a label and box from sky but your one in the post office said that label doesnt work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

Contract up towards end of next month. Will report back what offers they make. I find the tv is getting worse in general across all platforms from sky, Netflix etc as I share across with others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I find myself only watching YouTube and NOW TV (for sports). I just don't like TV anymore.

Even my parents are embracing streaming services and are considering canceling sky.

Was onto them on the facebook chat and after 7 yes 7 hours i managed to get the basic package for €28.50 which was €29 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

what was your cost before the offer celt262?

was paying €61 for basic tv and bb. Offered €75 and said no and done and dusted in a few minutes. Didn’t seem that interested as saying products I didn’t even have like a phone line

€43 which is ridiculous for basic TV. Even the €29 is expensive for what i'm getting but unfortunately i live in a black spot for aerial coverage so have little option.

Hello Trampas, 

There’s so much unmissable TV on the way. And you can watch it all with 40% off. So stay and get Sky TV for just €26 a month for 12 months, when you sign up for another year. Normally €43 a month.

First offer since sending in my cancellation

It’s not even worth €26. Currently paying around €22

Let us know what the Sky Glass is like when you have it installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Apparently you can't record on it or tune in other channels such as ITV etc. That could be a deal breaker for some people.

So it's effectively a sky streaming service, without the UK tv players and no recording facility it's quite limited here in Ireland. I love recording stuff especially with Q as there are no more clashes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

No more ads is the bigger benefit, which is probably what they're afraid of.

Advertisement