Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

JDxtra wrote: »
    You should have said you were changing provider due to costs, not demanded a bigger discount based on length of time being a customer.

Nevertheless, sit tight for the next few weeks to see if you get a call or an offer in the post.

Thanks for the above

I should rephrase- I did actual say that I was leaving as UPC had offered me 12 months for half price , the guy claimed they had the best tv service (they prob do) bit I told him the sky sports f1 and sky Atlantic are game changers for me . He told me that he couldn't offer a half price deal, I replied that was strange given that I know several ppl on the deal and even more so that I've been a customer for 14yrs. So after more back and forth and the rep claiming that he could better my existing deal (20% off) I thanked him and handed in my notice- thought I would have gotten more considering my lentgh of service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭skippy15

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    Thanks for the above

I should rephrase- I did actual say that I was leaving as UPC had offered me 12 months for half price , the guy claimed they had the best tv service (they prob do) bit I told him the sky sports f1 and sky Atlantic are game changers for me . He told me that he couldn't offer a half price deal, I replied that was strange given that I know several ppl on the deal and even more so that I've been a customer for 14yrs. So after more back and forth and the rep claiming that he could better my existing deal (20% off) I thanked him and handed in my notice- thought I would have gotten more considering my lentgh of service

Similar issue got a small discount today no budging, so bid them fair well as I move to UPC bundle lot less money but without the quality of sky tv.
    If get a better offer will stay with them, but am not confident of a call back

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry3

I persuaded them to give me half price entertainment extra for 18 euro for 6 months(after I had finished my 6 months free sky world package). Before the F1 season kicks off I wanted to get in the HD so when I got a call re: broadband, I asked them about that instead and got 12 months HD for 5 euro extra. So paying 23 euro now for a 51 euro package..not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Thanks for the above
    I told him the sky sports f1 and sky Atlantic are game changers for me
    These are not available on other platforms, so you showed you cards there!

that was a typo in my post. I meant to say that sky sports f1 and sky atlantic ARENT game changers for me. I couldnt care less abt these channels, F1 is a joke, itv and setanta have it- sky tried launching this channel several years ago and it flopped. I can download Game of thrones so care little for sky atlantic

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry3

F1 last time I checked is not on any other network except BBC and they only show half the races live. Gary Anderson has now left as well. Granted I will never pay the 15 euro for HD and I actually told the agent I am going mad I cannot have Sky Sports F1 and he offered 5 euro straight away..so there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Rang them today regarding a fault on my box and he convinced me to upgrade to the HD package so I could avail of a new 2TB box for €49. Additional total onto my bill SIXTY CENT!!! 9 month deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Well sky have been ringing my house for the last few days, & just happened to ring me when i was leaving the house,but hadn't time, but it appears the caller was from Cork, but the no that rang me was 0999103, isnt Cork 06...?

Anyway they said they'd ring back, but didnt, probably tomoro?

That number rang me before around the time i was to be cut off, just before or after i can't remember exactly. Missed a few calls too before i knew it was them.
    It was also a girl from Cork, i was offered HP for 6 months & HD @ 5 on a 1 year contract, i asked about 6 months free but couldn't get it, i refused anyway.
    She rang back not long after with the same deal, so i told her to let me think about it and call at the same time tomorrow.

She never did, though about a month later i got called by the same number but it was a Dublin guy that time, he offered me 6 months free but would do nothing on HD - wouldnt even let me take it at the full price for the 6 months, he said its a year contract - i took the 6 months offer anyway, obviously.

So you could be waiting for them to get back to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Damien360

Thanks for the above

skippy15 wrote: »
    Similar issue got a small discount today no budging, so bid them fair well as I move to UPC bundle lot less money but without the quality of sky tv.
    If get a better offer will stay with them, but am not confident of a call back

I cancelled also. Sky are not for budging on their price. Was paying 41 for multi + extra + HD. Jumped to 60 plus a bit. I refused to pay this and told him I was going to UPC. He said ok and offered to cancel. I got a letter from sky confirming this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

on hold to sky now to downgrade my package, 80 a month is nuts!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Currently on Entertainment Extra with HD paying €51 a month. Rang Sky yesterday to cancel, offered 20% to stay no contract, told them no. Thing is the Agent was really pushy to apply the 20% regardless if I moved or not told him not to apply the discount as I figured you get one offer only.

Rang back in today to cancel and move to UPC ended up with Sky World (all the channels, sports, movies & HD) for €51 for nine months (Usually €96 with no discount) with no contract. Happy out, would have went into a contract for the year but they wouldn't give the option. Offer runs until December so will re-evaluate when the time comes.

Rang back the cancellation dept this evening on got offer the sky world HD pack for 55 for 9months so took that- pretty happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

batistuta9 wrote: »
    That number rang me before around the time i was to be cut off, just before or after i can't remember exactly. Missed a few calls too before i knew it was them.
    It was also a girl from Cork, i was offered HP for 6 months & HD @ 5 on a 1 year contract, i asked about 6 months free but couldn't get it, i refused anyway.
    She rang back not long after with the same deal, so i told her to let me think about it and call at the same time tomorrow.

She never did, though about a month later i got called by the same number but it was a Dublin guy that time, he offered me 6 months free but would do nothing on HD - wouldnt even let me take it at the full price for the 6 months, he said its a year contract - i took the 6 months offer anyway, obviously.

That's the strange thing, as i'm currently on 2 promotions finishing in May.

So i don't know why they're ringing me unless it could be for broadband, as they rang me a couple of months ago as there were a lot of missed calls afaik it was the same no, every 2 days.
    But eventually found out online after i said i'd check it out & call me back, as i found out it would cost me more & not save me money!
    as i wasnt in the catchment area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

muffler wrote: »
    I dont know why you are posting such ridiculous claims. Just to reiterate what you said - all channels on Sky including the HD pack are available for €48 a month when signing up under "introduce a friend" offer.

Here's a quote from their Q & A's regarding that offer

So, as I asked you previously, please post a link to back up your statement.

You won't find that offer anywhere online or get it by ringing sky.
    He is telling the truth though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wils110 wrote: »
    You won't find that offer anywhere online or get it by ringing sky.
    He is telling the truth though

Thanks

batistuta9 wrote: »

The Cork office rang durin the week & ring again at w/end, this is what they were offering on Broadband:

No €10 catchment area/connect fee
    €37.50+Vat (€57.50 after 12mths) Would only pay for line-rental, as BB is free for sky customers afaik.
    Unlimited BB, no capping
    Local+National calls free, inc UK,OZ (US & CAN free to mobiles also)

Also asked since i've got sky tv, an offer for Existing Customers would get
    €17.50 -> off SkyMovies & Sports

Compared to Eircom offer:

Talk-Anytime €50 + Vat (€55 -> 6mths)

Got off the phone a while ago from sky, as i had to enquire about something & in the meantime asked on the offer as it was a CustServ person in Dublin & did confirm it was to US+CAN mobiles also as CS has a daughter-in-law in US &
    The €17.50 Existing Customer deal can only be added if i didn't have a promotion on & would have to give 30 day notice on it too before adding the €17.50.

Seems a good/better option from Eircom as now sky wont charge me extra for joining as it was putting me off before.

What are people's opinion on sky BB?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

The Cork office rang durin the week & ring again at w/end, this is what they were offering on Broadband:

No €10 catchment area/connect fee
    €37.50+Vat (€57.50 after 12mths) Would only pay for line-rental, as BB is free for sky customers afaik.
    Unlimited BB, no capping
    Local+National calls free, inc UK,OZ (US & CAN free to mobiles also)

Also asked since i've got sky tv, an offer for Existing Customers would get
    €17.50 -> off SkyMovies & Sports

Compared to Eircom offer:

Talk-Anytime €50 + Vat (€55 -> 6mths)

Got off the phone a while ago from sky, as i had to enquire about something & in the meantime asked on the offer as it was a CustServ person in Dublin & did confirm it was to US+CAN mobiles also as CS has a daughter-in-law in US &
    The €17.50 Existing Customer deal can only be added if i didn't have a promotion on & would have to give 30 day notice on it too before adding the €17.50.

Seems a good/better option from Eircom as now sky wont charge me extra for joining as it was putting me off before.

What are people's opinion on sky BB?

Thanks.

Sky's price is vat inclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

went to cancel yesterday to see what i would be offered and got my package for 49 euro till dec :D
    tv with entertainment extra and the broadband and phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

They just offered me 75% off and 50 credit to stay. Still rejected as its absolute crap that you can get free on freesat or internet. use your heads folks.

• Advertisement

Wils110 wrote: »
    Sky's price is vat inclusive

That's what i meant to say, inc Vat instead of + Vat :o

I'd say a lot of people moved from eircom to sky when offered that or a similar deal i assume, but has anyone any qualms with it?

Do you get the same 2mthly bill out? as i know a lot of people opposed eircom's online billing.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

That's what i meant to say, inc Vat instead of + Vat :o

I'd say a lot of people moved from eircom to sky when offered that or a similar deal i assume, but has anyone any qualms with it?

Do you get the same 2mthly bill out? as i know a lot of people opposed eircom's online billing.

Thanks.
    Cant fault the Sky bb or call package. I download the bills and save them to the PC.

Regarding Sky TV Im currently on a half price offer which includes the basic entertainment pack with Sports and movies which works out at €36.50 a month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Ringing up on 18/3 as my contract is up 18/4 for broadband. Trying to get a better offer. Think I'd be at anything ringing say, today or will I have to do it exactly 30 days beforehand? Thanks

muffler wrote: »
    Cant fault the Sky bb or call package. I download the bills and save them to the PC.

Regarding Sky TV Im currently on a half price offer which includes the basic entertainment pack with Sports and movies which works out at €36.50 a month.

Cheers, as i'm on 25% off movies & sports + HD & MR which is now on an extended 3mth
    Ringing up on 18/3 as my contract is up 18/4 for broadband. Trying to get a better offer. Think I'd be at anything ringing say, today or will I have to do it exactly 30 days beforehand? Thanks

If you ring at anytime before the due date, they set it up automatic anyway as they can see notes left by someone else also, as for me they could see how much i'd be (silly enough) to pay for in upcoming months something like €113 afaik :eek:

Cheers, as i'm on 25% off movies & sports + HD & MR which is now on an extended 3mth

If you ring at anytime before the due date, they set it up automatic anyway as they can see notes left by someone else also, as for me they could see how much i'd be (silly enough) to pay for in upcoming months something like €113 afaik :eek:
    So best leave it until Tuesday then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

I was offered a great deal by Sky this week only €9 month for tv package plus €50 credit. I left Sky because they breached their tv & broadband contract. As I couldn't get an email confirming €9 a month I could accept the deal. Always get it in writing off Sky as Sales can oversell the deal! Buyer beware, especially of cold call phonecalls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

I'm currently halfway through contract on entertainment extra €36 month wondering would I have any chance of getting some sort of discount? Would it be worth it or would I just be told we have no offers at the moment?

Any advice appreciated.

I'm currently halfway through contract on entertainment extra €36 month wondering would I have any chance of getting some sort of discount? Would it be worth it or would I just be told we have no offers at the moment?

Any advice appreciated.
    Once you're under contract then I cant see you getting any offers. Maybe (and Im not even sure this can be done) if you rang and said you wanted to move down to the basic entertainment pack then there might be a chance of an offer. Other than that the contract is your downfall unfortunately.

Gonna ring tomorrow now and see what I'm offered for the broadband and phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭rwald7

Any deals for brand new customers for Sky TV? I'm considering switching my TV from UPC to Sky, but there doesn't seem to be any great deals on the Sky website for new customers? Would it be better to give them a ring? I'd be looking for the full Sports/Movies HD package, so I'd be spending a few bob each month, but I don't like the look of the prices on the website. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Also with UPC. Best I was offered was half price HD, Ent. Extra for 6 months, plus 15% off entire package for the year as a new customer. Have been busy but going to ring again to see if they can better that offer.
    rwald7 wrote: »
    Any deals for brand new customers for Sky TV? I'm considering switching my TV from UPC to Sky, but there doesn't seem to be any great deals on the Sky website for new customers? Would it be better to give them a ring? I'd be looking for the full Sports/Movies HD package, so I'd be spending a few bob each month, but I don't like the look of the prices on the website. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭corsav6

We got an email last week offering half price sky for 9 months if we came back to them. We moved since we cancelled so they installed a new dish and gave us a wireless connector too. We're fairly happy with the deal.

Just off the phone with Sky about cancelling the broadband, said I can't get an offer until the contract is up 18/4, the offer is half price broadband for 6 months no contract. I asked about Fibre and was told they're doing it in the Summer but they haven't got a definate answer yet.

Nearly considering just ringing up Vodafone now to get Fibre, I'll miss the Hub but the added benefit of a USB port would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭afatbollix

For any UK members, If you were offered the £25 for 25 months offer through work or from a friend. Tomorrow (19th March) is the last day to sign up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I cancelled Sky TV about 5 months ago. I got a call yesterday offering 75% off any package and €50 credited to my account. I took it. Free TV for the next 6 months or so. I didn't ask about HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Might help someone so posting here, My box was giving trouble a lot lately.

Went through the troubleshooting process with engineer online and we determined that input 2 is not getting locked and engineer will need to have a look and charge is £65, i refused it and rang cancellation.

They offered me to stay and offered free engineer call plus 15% off bill for next 9 months.

Cancellation does the trick.

Got a 75% off call this evening too. They are getting a bit desperate.

Still said no. We haven't missed anything since we cancelled. More than enough on Saorview, Freesat & Netflix for us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I got a call yesterday offering me sky for €7/month for 9 months and €50 off. Told them I'll take the offer in September and to call me then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

Rang a few days ago and only got offered half price HD, so went ahead with the cancellation hoping to get called with a better deal.

No call yet, but ever since putting through the cancellation order all my recordings are failing and the search function won't work. Very annoying.
    Has anyone else experienced this after cancelling?

Rang a few days ago and only got offered half price HD, so went ahead with the cancellation hoping to get called with a better deal.

No call yet, but ever since putting through the cancellation order all my recordings are failing and the search function won't work. Very annoying.
    Has anyone else experienced this after cancelling?
    Totally unrelated. Your service will not be affected in any way while in your notice period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

Really? I've been with them 3 years and this is the first time I've ever experienced problems with the service. Seems a bit coincidental...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

Stinicker wrote: »
    I got a call yesterday offering me sky for €7/month for 9 months and €50 off. Told them I'll take the offer in September and to call me then.

What package was that for mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭loopymum

I cancelled Sky TV about 5 months ago. I got a call yesterday offering 75% off any package and €50 credited to my account. I took it. Free TV for the next 6 months or so. I didn't ask about HD.

Time to cancel again I think:D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Hi I know this question has been asked time and time again but can I have the number for calcellations please
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i moved to Sky it was suppose to be €36/month.. in my 1st month I paid over €144 as they have the most fooooked up billing system.

If i had a chance I would move back to UPC in a heartbeat.

gumgum1 wrote: »
    Hi I know this question has been asked time and time again but can I have the number for calcellations please
    Thanks in advance
    There's no direct number as such. Ring 0818 719819 and follow the prompts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

NeVeR wrote: »
    i moved to Sky it was suppose to be €36/month.. in my 1st month I paid over €144 as they have the most fooooked up billing system.

If i had a chance I would move back to UPC in a heartbeat.

what are you paying for ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭detective

I've no sky equipment. Just been offered free install and free hd box and hd TV for E5 pm for 12 months. Also 75% off any package for nine months plus E50 credit.

Good deal. Still can't afford it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭rwald7

That sounds like a decent deal, better than what I was offered as a new customer! Can I ask where you got it? was it over the phone or via one of the agents in a shopping center?

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

one of the agents in a shopping center?

A deal like that, there's no way it was from one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭detective

rwald7 wrote: »
    That sounds like a decent deal, better than what I was offered as a new customer! Can I ask where you got it? was it over the phone or via one of the agents in a shopping center?

They called me.

Advertisement