Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭rwald7

Ah, ok, so you're a former customer?
    I've never been with them, so I'd snap their hand off if I was offered that deal to move over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭kooga

detective wrote: »
    I've no sky equipment. Just been offered free install and free hd box and hd TV for E5 pm for 12 months. Also 75% off any package for nine months plus E50 credit.

Good deal. Still can't afford it though.

did they cold call you? some deal

Got the call after cancelling effective the start of March. €50 credit and 75% off for 9 months. In essence 6 months free tv. Couldn't say no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

what are you paying for ?

I paid €37.50 at the start.. which I thought would be credited off a bill later on.. I'm nearly sure I read it on there site.

Then it was €36 for a month.. but I started in the middle of a month.. but they still charged me.. then a few days later they charged be €72 - they said it should have been only €36 and not €72 but because of some invoice error I paid on the same day the invoice came out .. or some sh!t like that.. the reason for the second "€36" is they charge you a month in advance.. I just got unlucky and paid €72 instead of €36.. horrible 1st month with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i'm with them 5 years, the most they seem to give me at the moment is 25% off for 3 months. I suppose I could go through with the treat and cancel !! I normally just claim poverty , then they ask will they turn off sky sports :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

NeVeR wrote: »
    i moved to Sky it was suppose to be €36/month.. in my 1st month I paid over €144 as they have the most fooooked up billing system.
    NeVeR wrote: »
    just got unlucky and paid €72 instead of €36.. horrible 1st month with them.
    So which was it then, €72 or €144?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Got the call after cancelling effective the start of March. €50 credit and 75% off for 9 months. In essence 6 months free tv. Couldn't say no!

How long are you with sky, I'm thinking of ringing up myself

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry3

The 75% off for 9 months plus 50 credit works out the same as the 6 months free, 6 months half price offer which was offered last year to returning customers.

Great offers are there if you actually go ahead and cancel but you have to put up with awhile with no tele. I waited months...but you can be lucky like the previous poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Been with Sky 12months next month, we have the Entertainment Extra package at 36/month.

Rang up to cancel yesterday, the best he'd give me was to drop it to 28.

Went ahead and cancelled, now to play the waiting game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

quick update.
    I canceled a month ago and was turned off on sunday. I got calls from sky twice, but only for offers for movies/sports, no offers for a reduction in package price. I had been with sky for 7 years and have just come off their tv/bb/phone offer.

My tv has freesat built in and netflix and i'm pretty happy with that (lots more HD content), might stick an aerial up to get saorview and use an alternative source for the likes of game of thrones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

deep1 wrote: »
    Might help someone so posting here, My box was giving trouble a lot lately.

Went through the troubleshooting process with engineer online and we determined that input 2 is not getting locked and engineer will need to have a look and charge is £65, i refused it and rang cancellation.

They offered me to stay and offered free engineer call plus 15% off bill for next 9 months.

Cancellation does the trick.

Sometimes :P
    We had the exact same issue with our box, went thru the whole cancellation rigmarole to get the free service call. Got our appt and sat in all day waiting for an engineer that never arrived and when we rang asking why the engineer never came, they tried to say that we had cancelled the visit saying it wasn't convenient!!

Needless to say himself blew a fuse, so now I'm Skyless. Can't even avail of the come back and get 75% off for 9 months, because the box is knackered and they don't give u new equipment

How long are you with sky, I'm thinking of ringing up myself

I've been with them about 3 years, after a break for several years before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Sometimes :P
    We had the exact same issue with our box, went thru the whole cancellation rigmarole to get the free service call. Got our appt and sat in all day waiting for an engineer that never arrived and when we rang asking why the engineer never came, they tried to say that we had cancelled the visit saying it wasn't convenient!!

Needless to say himself blew a fuse, so now I'm Skyless. Can't even avail of the come back and get 75% off for 9 months, because the box is knackered and they don't give u new equipment

sign up under another name, new box, remote and dish, normally good deals for new customers, i do this every couple of years to get new equipment, i was told by an installer the new stuff doesnt last long at all

sign up under another name, new box, remote and dish, normally good deals for new customers, i do this every couple of years to get new equipment, i was told by an installer the new stuff doesnt last long at all

Have already had it in both my name and his. Wouldn't the bank account details catch me out

Have already had it in both my name and his. Wouldn't the bank account details catch me out
    i have used 3 different names all from the same bank account, do the deal first as a new customer, they wont say anything, person signing you up only cares about their comission /bonus
    maiden name, married name, husbands name, kids name anything will do
    :):):):)
    always worked for me

i have used 3 different names all from the same bank account, do the deal first as a new customer, they wont say anything, person signing you up only cares about their comission /bonus
    :):):):)
    always worked for me

Lol I'd better get him to marry me quick so. Will give it a try, thanks

Lol I'd better get him to marry me quick so. Will give it a try, thanks

€50 cash back this week, just on the radio, not a great deal, runs out on the 27th so might be a better deal then

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭onform

What's the best deal I could expect for TV as a new customer? , currently with upc for TV and bb.

onform wrote: »
    What's the best deal I could expect for TV as a new customer? , currently with upc for TV and bb.

http://www.sky.com/ireland/bundles-offers/?stop_mobi=yes

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

You forgot the best one.....Initials!
    and a change of address number after instead of before etc always works.

A Murphy
    AB Murphy
    Alan Murphy
    Al Murphy
    ABC Murphy
    Mr A Brian Murphy
    Mr AB Conor Murphy
    etc, etc, etc.

1 Main Road
    Main Road Number 1
    1 The Main road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

muffler wrote: »
    So which was it then, €72 or €144?

It was

€37
    €36
    €72
    _____
    €145 ( rounded the numbers )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

Was onto sky this morning to book an engineer call out. Customer care rep advised me to check the boards.ie bargain forum for offers on sky. Hello again if you are reading this haha.

Just turned on the telly for the first time after my reconnect two days ago. All the channels are dead and I can hardly be ar*ed calling them and waiting on hold for 90 minutes. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

Cancelled last month after all I was offered was €10 off my package(broadband,phone and all tv bar movies) and not a call did I receive, have about a week left - by any chance do you think there will be a phonecall? Will be lost without the sports, have purchased another box but crappy internet speed doesn't accommodate me!! Raging!

I can hardly be ar*ed calling them and waiting on hold for 90 minutes. :mad:
    The last few times I called I got through in less than 3 or 4 minutes.

Just to update, sky just rang asking us to come back.
    Service has been gone a week since Tuesday. Have been offered a free engineers visit, 75% off for 9months and €100 credit. Not tied into a new contract.
    Works out at Entertainment Extra free for 11 and a half months. How could we refuse that in all fairness.

has anybody cold called sky as a new customer to get a deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭skippy15

Just to let people know:
    I cancelled my sky account three weeks ago holding out for a deal....none came:(. Got a letter confirming this, so I rang them back up asking for some sort of deal or was going Saorview and Netflix. etc etc
    Was offered a discount on TV package but would still have pay €15 for multiroom and and would need get a HD subscription or have pay for new box and install with only 20% off tv....got him to go speak to supervisor and came back with 50%off for 6 months, HD €5 for 12 months, free install and new box. Happy out as was going to keep it regardless:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Rang to cancel the other day. Currently on the €36 package and he kept offering it for €20.25. I was adamant I wanted to cancel so in the end he did it. Only reason I closed the account was cos the mother previously had a sky account and they rang and gave her the whole Sky World for €20.25 for 9 months and a €50 credit towards the first two bills.

I rang the following day to cancel the brothers too who was also on the €36 package. I told him to cancel it down cos he were going getting it off UPC and he ended up giving existing package PLUS sports for the same price. Not too bad really in fairness. He said he could re activate the brothers gfs old account and apply the €20.25 deal for everything for 9 months but having to change cards and possibly re pair cards to boxes would have driven me demented- try telling the brother to do it and I'd be bald from pulling my hair out. ****bear in mind that his gfs old account is disconnected 2 years means they can reconnect old accounts for better deals too.

Sorry for long post ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I cancelled Sky Sports in January , Still have entertainment pack +HD and Multi-room.

Rang them yesterday to reconnect Sky Sports for the Heineken Cup QF/SF/F cycle..

Was offered 50% off Sky sports for 6 months - Not too bad , will likely cancel again as soon as the Rugby is over though , no real interest in other sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭numbernine

everyone getting great deals here off Sky, we pay over €100 a month :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

numbernine wrote: »
    everyone getting great deals here off Sky, we pay over €100 a month :(

You'd better make the call so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I'll be ringing on 18/4, hope I get an offer.

What's the current offer for broadband?

Is if €20 for 6 months or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

http://www.sky.com/ireland/bundles-offers/featured/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Sky will start to lose customers when the PL finishes in May.
    Should be good offers available after that to keep people signed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

depends on which rep you get, 50% off phone line and broadband for 6 mos after I spoke to the 3rd rep. Just say you want to move to Voda or Eircom Fibre.

☀️ 7.8kWp ⚡3.6kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

depends on which rep you get, 50% off phone line and broadband for 6 mos after I spoke to the 3rd rep. Just say you want to move to Voda or Eircom Fibre.

Thanks for that, I'll remember that for when I ring up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭loopymum

Thanks for that, I'll remember that for when I ring up.

I got offered that before as well as a new customer and they would have had to reconnect my line as well which they would cover

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Sky will start to lose customers when the PL finishes in May.
    Should be good offers available after that to keep people signed up.

not any more thats why they have gaa rights now to keep us hooked in over the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭An Cigire

Looking at getting sky tv inclusive of movies (on demand feature etc..) and one multi room box.

I'm a current customer in the family home and I'm moving out to my own house,

What deal could I expect for tv,broadband & phone in my new place?

Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

An Cigire wrote: »
    Looking at getting sky tv inclusive of movies (on demand feature etc..) and one multi room box.

Thanks guys

Ring UPC ask them for a quote and more then likely sky will match or better it too get you too join!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

An Cigire wrote: »

Thanks guys

let us know if any deals on multiroom :)

GY A1 wrote: »
    let us know if any deals on multiroom :)
    I'm on a 12 month half price offer since last August for the basic entertainment and Sports pack and then added the movies for €4.50 extra during the winter. When they give me the half price offer last year I already had multiroom at full price but they wouldnt give me any discount on it although they did apply €50 credit to my account at the time.

Since August last I have probably been on the phone to them about 3 or 4 times about various issues and I always took the opportunity of asking if there was any offers on multiroom and got a big fat NO every time. So about a month ago I rang in and cancelled the movies and the multiroom and was immediately given 50% off the multiroom.

In hindsight I should have rang months ago and cancelled. It seems the best way to get a decent offer is to cancel and let them make the offers then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

muffler wrote: »
    I'm on a 12 month half price offer since last August for the basic entertainment and Sports pack and then added the movies for €4.50 extra during the winter. When they give me the half price offer last year I already had multiroom at full price but they wouldnt give me any discount on it although they did apply €50 credit to my account at the time.

Since August last I have probably been on the phone to them about 3 or 4 times about various issues and I always took the opportunity of asking if there was any offers on multiroom and got a big fat NO every time. So about a month ago I rang in and cancelled the movies and the multiroom and was immediately given 50% off the multiroom.

In hindsight I should have rang months ago and cancelled. It seems the best way to get a decent offer is to cancel and let them make the offers then.

Never had SKY TV, but have them for Phone & Broadband since last year.

The wife got a call 3 weeks ago to offer us half price for 12 months. she asked for a number to ring back as she would like to discuss it with me. Girl said no way of contacting here but would call back in 10 minutes or in the morning. Calls never came. Tried ringing SKY, was told it was a genuine offer but they couldn't honour it as it comes from a call centre in Cork. They gave me the number but it doesn't work.

Very frustrating to be offered something, told you would get a call back and it never comes. We were going to go with the top package and all!!

have posted on SKY's own website forum, and sent them emails on top of 2 calls to their call centre. nobody will honour the deal we were offered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Try 0999103

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Try 0999103

whats that? sounds like the emergency services

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭skippy15

If u are moving to own house remember to get the refer a friend offer 50 quid for u and the folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

stevieob wrote: »
    whats that? sounds like the emergency services

Its a number that sky ring you from with offers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I'm looking to cancel my account (not looking for a deal this time), I know you have to give them a months notice to do so but I'm currently in the middle of payment dates. I had used the cancellation to get a deal with movies and sports a few months ago. I knew the price was going up a euro back last year,my bill then increased 1.50 in Feb and a further €2 on the last one.

To be honest I want rid of it, I'm not paying them money so they can put ads through my door every other week.What I want to know is can I downgrade to the lowest package without the 31 days notice so that my last bill will only be €28 instead of the the €63 they're now charging me?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭robin3

would love the number for the cork call centre, or when is the best time them there?
    Last few times I've been on to them it ws Irish accents I was listening to but had an argument today with a woman with a uk accent her repetitiveness and accent only added to my frustration!

• Advertisement
Advertisement