Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

i cancelled the whole thing, took 20 minutes of them trying to give me a tenner off and sell be broadband and phone
    they sent me a letter to say goodbye
    and an email, where did we go wrong, i laughed at that

Mine is due to be switched off Friday. They originally offered 15% off so I said to cancel. I've got a email to say we're sorry your leaving and a survey to find out why I was leaving.
    I'm hoping they will ring before Friday to offer a decent saving around 50% and I'd take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

skippy15 wrote: »
    Ye was offering me sports for €4.50 for a 6 month period.
    But not tied in so can cancel after get the GAA and summer sports out of it, said id be open to the offer again so who knows. I try to take their calls and chat when I can
    Did you cancel sky altogether or just the sports before you got offered that deal?
    Seems like you have to cancel everything before they'll offer anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

toby2111 wrote: »
    Did you cancel sky altogether or just the sports before you got offered that deal?

i cancelled and have been without Sky for 5 weeks now, no calls/post/emails and i'm not missing it 1 bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

toby2111 wrote: »

I had put through a cancellation order a few weeks ago, got no offers so just before it expired I phoned up and asked could do me a better deal price wise as couldnt afford it, and I signed up to new offers then.

I've never had sports, so this was a fresh offer from their sales. Phoned me up few weeks ago asking me about switching to BB which I declined. But I seem to get a call every couple of weeks and always here them, so make sure on options you have you would like to be contacted about offer etc: I remember clicking it but cant remember where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭greasepalm

my phones when ringing i cant get too on time and it records a message wonder how many reps want to talk to me about this or that but leave no message,but you can hear the other group in the background trying to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Poweller37

Left sky TV in Jan this year and only use freeview and streaming Netflix/apple tv
    . Every month im getting a call from them offering me tv at some good prices but as im not working now I keep saying no thanks. The last offer was a very good one. 9 months of all tv except sports and movies for €9 or €18 for everything! It was hard to turn down. I called 2 months ago to cancel my home phone/ BB as we are now in an efiber area. And they offered me only 15% off my phone rental. After that I said no I still want to cancel and eventually got a full 50% off my phone and BB. So it went from €40 all in to €20 for 6 months. So I decided to stay but there home BB is getting worse, constant drops in signal so decided to bite the bullet and went for the great offer with eircom of €30 for 6 months then €45 for 12 month, Unlimited usage and up to 100mb. Hope I made the right move?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Poweller37 wrote: »
    Left sky TV in Jan this year and only use freeview and streaming Netflix/apple tv
    . Every month im getting a call from them offering me tv at some good prices but as im not working now I keep saying no thanks. The last offer was a very good one. 9 months of all tv except sports and movies for €9 or €18 for everything! It was hard to turn down. I called 2 months ago to cancel my home phone/ BB as we are now in an efiber area. And they offered me only 15% off my phone rental. After that I said no I still want to cancel and eventually got a full 50% off my phone and BB. So it went from €40 all in to €20 for 6 months. So I decided to stay but there home BB is getting worse, constant drops in signal so decided to bite the bullet and went for the great offer with eircom of €30 for 6 months then €45 for 12 month, Unlimited usage and up to 100mb. Hope I made the right move?
    Did you see the eicom friends and family thread? 30 euro with an 18 month contract for the same thing but doesnt go up to 45 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Did you see the eicom friends and family thread? 30 euro with an 18 month contract for the same thing but doesnt go up to 45 euro

That thread has disappeared:(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I have sky basic package, i'm looking to get broadband(fibre?) in. What's my best way to go about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

Sky don't provide fiber broadband. They just provide the old up to 24Mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Looking to get Sky (TV only) in at the minute. Will pick up a box seperately on Adverts most likely as there's already a working dish in place and don't need/want a contract.

Any deals for the non-premium (no Sky Sports or Movies) TV packages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Looking to get Sky (TV only) in at the minute. Will pick up a box seperately on Adverts most likely as there's already a working dish in place and don't need/want a contract.

Any deals for the non-premium (no Sky Sports or Movies) TV packages?

I called Sky last week and although I have an old sky setup and was happy to use that they were insisting on a new installation, new box and new contract with minimum of one year so I declined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

boardzz wrote: »
    Sky don't provide fiber broadband. They just provide the old up to 24Mb.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Just got a letter in my door from em offering new customers

25% off any Sky TV Bundle for a year
    6 months free unlimited Broadband
    6 months free Sky Go Extra
    Free Sky plus box and set up also

if anyone is interested I have the code but it is unique so 1st person in gets it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

They also sent me a email offering this

Join with the Original Bundle with HD and pay just €21.50 per month, and get a Free Sky+HD box and free standard set-up.

Plus you could add…

Half Price Variety Bundle
    Half price Sky Sports
    Half price Sky Movies
    6 Months Free Broadband Unlimited*

if interested in that let me know its for new customers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I rang up to cancel Setanta and they offered me 3 months at 9.99 ,I had previously been on the 12.99 offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Hi guys, just wondering if any of ye still have a code for new customers signing up? Thanks!

Karbolt wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering if any of ye still have a code for new customers signing up? Thanks!

If you are interested in the below the code is family and friends

Join with the Original Bundle with HD and pay just €21.50 per month, and get a Free Sky+HD box and free standard set-up.

Plus you could add…

Half price Sky Sports
    Half price Sky Movies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

campo wrote: »

Plus you could add…

Half price Sky Sports
    Half price Sky Movies

I've rang them this morning and they're looking for a code number with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Plus you could add…

Half price Sky Sports
    Half price Sky Movies
    Thats nowhere to be seen on their website.

Have you a link?

muffler wrote: »
    Thats nowhere to be seen on their website.

Have you a link?

PM me your email address and ill get my mate to mail you a code if you want one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

PM me your email address and ill get my mate to mail you a code if you want one

Que lots of pm's lol

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Hi guys, just a friendly warning about sky's internet. It's abysmal, I was getting lower than 1mb during peak times on a line that could take 14/15, it was so bad they agreed to let me out of my contract after I threatened them with the regulator.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

fitze69 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just a friendly warning about sky's internet. It's abysmal, I was getting lower than 1mb during peak times on a line that could take 14/15, it was so bad they agreed to let me out of my contract after I threatened them with the regulator.

Exact same thing happened me, they have absolutely no bandwidth and their service is very congested, an absolute waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

SNAP on the broadband. In fairness to them they are being persistent in checking everything..... stupid dicks keep ringing me during the day when I'm in work!!

All they seem to want to do though is run tests.... probably the same tests they ran last week and the week before.

My Record for low speed has been 0.03MBPS.... and that was plugged into router with Ethernet cable. I was on the phone to them at the time, and they told me everything was ok.

It is quite intermittent for me, generally hovers around the 2.5MBPS, but just get spells of really really crappy slow stuff and the timing could be at any hour of the day, so it is not because it is at peak hours

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Please keep this thread on topic!

My sky has just been turned off. How long would you guys think it'd take to get a call with an offer to rejoin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

They rang me two weeks before cutting me off, last time I got a letter a month after it was cut off, so it varies, as long as they have a contact number for you they will be in touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    My sky has just been turned off. How long would you guys think it'd take to get a call with an offer to rejoin ?

7 weeks after cut off i was offered 75% off.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. They should have my number and I do believe I ticked the box to be contacted in relation to special offers.
    I hope it doesn't take 7 weeks as the missus will kill me if she doesn't have tv for that length :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Sky sports 12 months €22pm no contract, had been offered 6 months at €18.99pm. Did the maths, over a third off for the year so took it. Will be getting some picture and no sound from herself but it's worth it (for me) :D

I rang sky back this morning as herself wasn't to happy not having tv. It's only been off two days but when I rang this morning I got 50% for 9 months. I have to say I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

I logged onto my sky account having been without it for a week. Have a message in the mysky homepage offering me 50% off TV for 12 months if I come back and some phone number to ring. So maybe check your mysky account rather than waiting for a phone call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    I logged onto my sky account having been without it for a week. Have a message in the mysky homepage offering me 50% off TV for 12 months if I come back and some phone number to ring. So maybe check your mysky account rather than waiting for a phone call.

I can confirm this aswell. Im not sure if I will try hold out for this 75% figure that is floated around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭brophs

Out of curiosity, are there many deals for new customers? I'd be interested in getting it with Sky Sports. Am I likely to be able to shave a bit off the price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Was a sky customer for a few years, ending about 3 years ago. Still have dish and box and am looking to rejoin.

What's my best bet in terms of looking for value? Will probably go for the basics plus Sports

1) Do I sign up as a new customer, get new equipment and a 12 month contract? (€71 per month X 12 = €852 for the year)

2) Do I try and go back but off contract and keeping my old equipment? I could then leave when I wanted and hope to get 50% off or a similar deal.

If I go with 2, are there deals to be done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

After 9 months (maybe a year) they won't let you sign up as an existing customer and you will have to take a 12 month contract.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

Was a sky customer for a few years, ending about 3 years ago. Still have dish and box and am looking to rejoin.

What's my best bet in terms of looking for value? Will probably go for the basics plus Sports

1) Do I sign up as a new customer, get new equipment and a 12 month contract? (€71 per month X 12 = €852 for the year)

2) Do I try and go back but off contract and keeping my old equipment? I could then leave when I wanted and hope to get 50% off or a similar deal.

If I go with 2, are there deals to be done?

I rejoined after been away for 18 months. After 12 months you are considered a new customer so you are entitled to new equipment (i.e. dish and box) for 'free'. But you are then tied to a 12 month contract. I also got 20% off for 6 months - you might get a better deal than that?

(I also had my old dish and box - both working fine. Sky agent was only interested in signing on a new customer. I didn't mind replacing my dish as it was 8 years old and those things tend to rust after a while.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

odckdo wrote: »
    I rejoined after been away for 18 months. After 12 months you are considered a new customer so you are entitled to new equipment (i.e. dish and box) for 'free'. But you are then tied to a 12 month contract. I also got 20% off for 6 months - you might get a better deal than that?

(I also had my old dish and box - both working fine. Sky agent was only interested in signing on a new customer. I didn't mind replacing my dish as it was 8 years old and those things tend to rust after a while.)

Did you ring up and flat out ask for a deal or did you play it cool and let them make you an offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

Did you ring up and flat out ask for a deal or did you play it cool and let them make you an offer?

I rang them. I am on Sky World and I think I asked the agent was there any deals going and got offered the 20% for 6 months.

I have a Sky email address I use sometimes. I complained about how existing customers were getting better deals than new. I got an email back telling me all about the new programmes Sky have and that the 20% deal I was offered on the phone was on their computer system and that was the best they could do.

(Maybe mention eVision or UPC and see if they offer something better?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

I have moved out of a rented house where we cancelled the sky, but the dish and box are still there. If I were to go back to sky in my new place would they charge for a new dish/box? I wouldn't mind a 12 month contract but would like the deal they have offered online to me.

Or could I sign up as a new customer for the free dish/box but on the offer for returning customers but have a 12 month contract?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Any offers going for Movies?

I have one of those OnDemand connectors but it won't, any chance of when I ring and getting a free one?

What's the best thing to say to them? If they won't budge continue with the cancellation and wait?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got eircom installed today. Download speed of 48 Mbps and upload of 19.87. Compared to sky which maxed a 6 download.
    For 35 a month for tv broadband and phone over 18 months it was a no brainer. Goes to 45 after a year with a charge for the TV.
    Combined with my nowtv and belkin box I have everything I need. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    I have moved out of a rented house where we cancelled the sky, but the dish and box are still there. If I were to go back to sky in my new place would they charge for a new dish/box? I wouldn't mind a 12 month contract but would like the deal they have offered online to me.

Or could I sign up as a new customer for the free dish/box but on the offer for returning customers but have a 12 month contract?

Sky will install a new dish for free if you are moving house but not a new box.
    I don't think a new 12 month contract is required
    Can you reclaim your box from the house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Enquired about the basic pack + sport there... they were playing hard ball €54 and that's with 15% off... They can keep it ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Bingo , Just finished 12 Months Half Price and cancelled 1 month ago , Viewing went off today , Logged onto website and 50% of for 12 Months on Screen , Phoned up and all go for my 4th year of Half Price Sky

• Advertisement
Advertisement