Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Rang them and said it was too expensive. All I was offered was 20% off and half price HD. Told them to cancel it so hopefully I get a call or the other half will crucify me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I cancelled last October. Today I got what must be my 6th begging letter offering me 50% off for 9 months. Still not biting:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I've cancelled my TV and so have the parents. The parents are getting phone calls daily offering SKY for €9 a month for 6 months and a €50 credit. I've got nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ordin73

Cancelled last July and I have recently had a number of missed calls from sky. I rang in to see what was the best they could do but I got the usual offers. Half an hour later got a phone call with the standard 50% for 9months AND €80 credited to the account :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

Ordin73 wrote: »
    Cancelled last July and I have recently had a number of missed calls from sky. I rang in to see what was the best they could do but I got the usual offers. Half an hour later got a phone call with the standard 50% for 9months AND €80 credited to the account :D.

How have you managed in the meantime?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Rang during the week to cancel. Have full package with hd. Told them I couldn't afford it. Was offered 15% off for 6 months, but refused it. Then after being put on hold the girl found a "new offer she never saw before for loyal customers" with 20% off for 9 months. I refused again and told her to cancel, so I'll be holding out for the next few weeks for the 50% offer

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ordin73

Phantom99 wrote: »
    How have you managed in the meantime?!

I used a free view sat box and streamed alot..I signed up for fibre broadband and I'm getting about 85mb download speed so it wasnt a problem :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

I cancelled today. I've had sky 12 years since i was 22 so its going to be strange. Had enough paying 90 odd a month the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Lol ya i currently have the variety bundle with sports pack and multiroom for 87e. She offered it for 76 for 9 months because i've been a loyal (idiot) for 12 years :rolleyes: I'll take 50% offer if it comes but just not too bothered atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

Called today and wanted the 50% of offer some were getting, citing lack of money got 20% off in the end. Will call back again in a month or two and let them know I still can't manage and ask to cancel see what they'll do then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Called today and wanted the 50% of offer some were getting, citing lack of money got 20% off in the end. Will call back again in a month or two and let them know I still can't manage and ask to cancel see what they'll do then.

Why accept the 20% discount
    Give the 30 day notice, they need customers, you will get the 50 or even 75% if you hold tough with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Get in quick folks.

I have given 30 day notice at all different times of year for myself and other family members and always get 50% or more and reduced hd recently
    If not I rejoin in a different name and get new package, box and dish.
    They will never beat me
    Robbing feckers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Anyone else starting to get the impression that sky are probably reading this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

They only needed to boost numbers for the end of year results.
    Boost numbers for who's benefit?

• Advertisement

@Ali the greek. Care to answer this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

And as well, youve no proof basically.

Just what people have told you im guessing?

Why are you arguing with yourself:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

is "ali the greek" the new "Rupert murdoch" ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I've deleted his posts and banned him from BA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just got a call from sky having moved to Eircom a few weeks ago.
    Offered me free sky TV for 6 months.
    Giving me a 75% discount for 6 months bringing it to 9€ per month and a 60€ credit which makes it free.
    It's then 9€a month for another 3 months and then back to full price with no contract.
    As I have evision free for a year it's cost neutraI for 6 months and to be fair. I'm missing sky TV.

Just need the reconnect my box now :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Giving me a 75% discount for 6 months bringing it to 9€ per month and a 60€ credit which makes it free.
    It's then 9€a month for another 3 months and then back to full price with no contract.
    As I have evision free for a year it's cost neutraI for 6 months and to be fair. I'm missing sky TV.

That's some deal you got there!

Well done!

I want to get a good offer but I really don't wanna be without Sky for any period of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Does anyone have a land line number that I can ring to cancel? I only have a mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

Did you not have to break a contract with Eircom ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Looking to upgrade to HD. Only have the standard white box right now but if we get the newer box, do I lose programs I have recorded on sky plus or will they carry on to the new box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Rang up to cancel sky and they offered free sports or movies to stay.

Told them I had gotten in efibre and was now able to use Netflix but the agent kept asking if I was going to get in evision.

Ended up staying with them for €20 a month down from 30. I was already getting €6 off as I ve a legacy account so im happy enough.

agfasfos wrote: »
    Did you not have to break a contract with Eircom ?.

No need to break it.
    Its costing nothing for a year so I can i keep my free sky for 6 months pay another 9 for 3 months and then cancel again and revert to evision before i start paying full price (or not so good a discount).

I just plugged my box in again ,...sci-fi, atlantic, ncis ..Im sorted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

No need to break it.
    Its costing nothing for a year so I can i keep my free sky for 6 months pay another 9 for 3 months and then cancel again and revert to evision before i start paying full price (or not so good a discount).

I just plugged my box in again ,...sci-fi, atlantic, ncis ..Im sorted:D

Nice one.

smaoifs wrote: »
    Looking to upgrade to HD. Only have the standard white box right now but if we get the newer box, do I lose programs I have recorded on sky plus or will they carry on to the new box?

You'll lose them sadly.

But just watch everything before you switch to the new box! :P

appleb wrote: »
    Does anyone have a land line number that I can ring to cancel? I only have a mobile
    They dont have a land line number Im afraid but you can do it online if you have a Sky ID....quite easy to set up if you dont. You just email and they call you back.

Alternatively if you have any family or friends who have the telephone/broadband with Sky you can use their phone to call 0818719819 as the calls are free to Sky phone customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allthatGlitters

Just got a call from sky having moved to Eircom a f:-)ew weeks ago.

I got the same offer this evening. I was back up and running in 10 minutes. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I was on a package which included sport, films and the other channels not hd.
    Paying €81 a month.
    By dropping Films and sport would bring me to the normal variety pack €36 a month.
    So far was offered 15% discount but when I called up and said we'd be looking to leave - got told end of year, new offers live this weekend and they will call me then.

Wait and see - assuming this has been seen before by you guys? :)

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Paying €81 a month.
    By dropping Films and sport would bring me to the normal variety pack €36 a month.
    So far was offered 15% discount but when I called up and said we'd be looking to leave - got told end of year, new offers live this weekend and they will call me then.

Wait and see - assuming this has been seen before by you guys? :)

Did you actually cancel?

• Advertisement

No.
    Said was thinking about it - I was never yet onto cancellations afaik.

Paying €81 a month.
    Sorry, I dont follow that exactly. Did you actually reduce your package down to the the variety bundle?

but when I called up and said we'd be looking to leave - got told end of year,
    I dont follow that part either, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

muffler wrote: »
    They dont have a land line number Im afraid but you can do it online if you have a Sky ID....quite easy to set up if you dont. You just email and they call you back.

Alternatively if you have any family or friends who have the telephone/broadband with Sky you can use their phone to call 0818719819 as the calls are free to Sky phone customers.
    I emailed them last week to call me back but received an email to say they couldn't ring because i was in Ireland

I'm going to ring up soon, always get my bill on the 8th.

Hope to get some reduction, on the €36 variety bundle.

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    I emailed them last week to call me back but received an email to say they couldn't ring because i was in Ireland
    Wow! Thats nasty of them. I would email them again and point out that you have nothing but a mobile and have no credit and ask them to contact one of their team here in Ireland with a view to having them call you.

Alternatively, and I have heard of people doing this and it works, ring the 0818 number and as soon as you get through give them your number and ask them to call you. They normally do call back. The waiting time these days is normally only a couple of minutes.

I have done nothing yet.
    I plan on going down from the all in to variety.
    This will drop me from €81 to €36.
    It is the €36 I am looking to get a deal on.
    Will see what I am offered on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

If you push hard enough you should be able to get the sky world HD package for €55 for nine months, that's pretty much the best offer they'll do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭ALS

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    If you push hard enough you should be able to get the sky world HD package for €55 for nine months, that's pretty much the best offer they'll do

Adverts | Friends

got a call from sky recently offering 75% off Sky World inc sports & movies for 9 months and Hd for an extra fiver , a free on demand connector , a service call to replace a box that is on its way out , works out at 23 a month inc HD , no contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

ALS wrote: »

Adverts | Friends

got a call from sky recently offering 75% off Sky World inc sports & movies for 9 months and Hd for an extra fiver , a free on demand connector , a service call to replace a box that is on its way out , works out at 23 a month inc HD , no contract

How long after you cancelled were you offered this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement