Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

emeldc wrote: »
    Kinda sorta off topic, but it looks like the prices are going up again :mad:

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/mar/19/sky-raises-sports-and-entertainment-package-prices

That's for UK customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

emeldc wrote: »
    Kinda sorta off topic, but it looks like the prices are going up again :mad:

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/mar/19/sky-raises-sports-and-entertainment-package-prices
    Extract from the very first line of that story ..... "The pay-TV giant Sky is hiking prices for its sports and family entertainment packages for UK customers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

They will hike them for IRL customers too. They always do.

They cant and won't, T&C's state one ptice increase in any 12 month period. Ireland in feb and UK later in the year, always the way they did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I want the Variety Pack + HD for half price for 12 months, I'm not currently a customer.

Do I have a chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Have had them calling me over last few days from a Cork number, got to take the call today and sure enough offered 12 months at half price with no contract. I had cancelled in early Jan and cur off early Feb so "would" have been over a month without Sky.

Thankfully a very decent BA member rescued me with a very kind bit of help last month and we were back up and running in my wives name.. you know who you are;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

Cancelled in aug for sept and not one call from sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

nm wrote: »
    I want the Variety Pack + HD for half price for 12 months, I'm not currently a customer.

Do I have a chance?
    Yup! I got that as a new customer. They stuck me on the "family and friends" deal which includes unlimited BB all for €55 a month for 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cancelled in aug for sept and not one call from sky

How many times have you cancelled or threatened cancelling in the past?

I'm the same, but have "cancelled" about 5 times in the last 5 years. Heard nothing back either. TBH, if I do it will have to be a serious good offer as I pretty much do not miss Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Do I have a chance?

http://m.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-b-sky-b-1-2/57470826

This should do it. got it myself last week. Installed and all at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

thomasm wrote: »

Just wondering what the lead time (ballpark) on Sky installation (TV only) is? I'm in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Anyone cancel current contract and sign up as new customer with different name / partner

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Didn't do it myself but think the advice given here was to use a different bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

On another note I cancelled sports but only lasted a short while without. Got it back for 22 euro but was contacted by sky today who gave me the usual spiel but were unaware I had it back. Offered it at half price(18 euro) but when I told them I had it back they couldn't give it at that price because I would have to give 30 day notice different department etc etc.:(.
    Only 4 euro but ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

thomasm wrote: »

It says you have to get sky sports or movies to avail of groupon deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

After ignoring numerous calls,I eventually answered them.Was offered 2 months free followed by 12 months half price with no contract.

Has anyone used the groupon half price deal with the current €75 cashback cheque offer on the site?

I don't see anything in the T&C's of either saying you can't use with other offers (correct me if I'm wrong)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Has anyone used the groupon half price deal with the current €75 cashback cheque offer on the site?

I don't see anything in the T&C's of either saying you can't use with other offers (correct me if I'm wrong)

What €75 cash back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Any deals for existing customers can't seem to haggle with them , have variety full price with HD at €5 best they are willing to do is continue on HD at €10.
    Interested in the sports/movies deal at €20 but that would bring up to €68 month. Thought their dublin reps would be easier to convince

phkk wrote: »
    What €75 cash back?

The one in the big banner on http://www.sky.com/ireland/offers/free/

Ends March 26th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry3

The one in the big banner on http://www.sky.com/ireland/offers/free/

Ends March 26th.

Groupon discount only works with the special link so unless the groupon code can be put in on the main sky website when ordering...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Chemistry3 wrote: »
    Groupon discount only works with the special link so unless the groupon code can be put in on the main sky website when ordering...

I ordered using Groupon deal yesterday when I rang. Didn't see the €75 cash back online offer
    #raging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

In the UK it's a free LG TV or £100 cashback. Screw the Irish or course.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

I have a personal source that works at Sky and is able to provide good deals that vary depending on if you're a new customers and existing customers.
    Offers/deals change often but I'm pretty sure that at the moment..

Half price Variety + Sports + Movies for 6 months.
    Half price HD for 12 months.

I'm pretty sure there is more. PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Pyrrhic wrote: »
    I have a personal source that works at Skyand is able to provide good deals,
    depending on if you're a new or existing customer.

Would be very interested in more information thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

phkk wrote: »
    I ordered using Groupon deal yesterday when I rang. Didn't see the €75 cash back online offer
    #raging
    The two don't work together unfortunately. If you start your order at the €75 cashback link, and enter your Groupon code there, it wipes the €75 cashback off the itemised list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Pyrrhic wrote: »
    I have a personal source that works at Sky and is able to provide good deals that vary depending on if you're a new customers and existing customers.

My half price tv is finished in a month.

I cancelled yesterday.... Eventually, they really don't want you to leave them do they. Told her to keep me on half price it cancel the lot. It took one call of 15 mins and because That wasn't long enough for her to get the message, I started to get frustrated with her as I had to pick my 5 year old daughter up..... She wasn't letting me go, so told her I was hanging up and she could call me back on my mobile, which she did 10 mins later and tried again and again to keep me on board with all sorts of offers, telling me because I had half price I would never be allowed it again and that I should be paying full price but she would do me a special deal as a goodwill..... Blah blah..... Eventually she got the message.

Now will just wait for the call. Should be ok for her brothers sky go pass cause he doesn't use it and he has the sports so between that, saoirview and free to air it will keep us going if we don't get an offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

I wanted to come back here to give people an update of my most recent experience. I have to say that normally I find it easy to get a deal with SKY that I am happy with but this time was the most difficult. I really was annoyed by their bull****. Initially as a long time customer as in over 10 years solid subscription I have always had a relatively easy time in getting a deal. This time though it was very frustrating. I have a full package with HD and 3 x multirooms. The very first offer was 98euro as mentioned earlier in the thread. I probably would have been happy with this but I tried to push them further. After this they stated that I should never have been offered this and even stated that I was "wrong" because there was no record of the offer and clearly I was making it up! I carried on and between me ringing them and them ringing me I was offered around at minimum 20 percent off. I went for the first time to cancel and the day after it went off I rang SKY on a number that was on the site to go ahead with their poor offer only to be told the best he could do for me was 50 percent off. In the end I got the full package with HD and 3 x multiroom for 94euro. Obviously happy but I know what I will be doing next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

best he could do for me was 50 percent off. In the end I got the full package with HD and 3 x multiroom for 94euro.

Are you saying your bill would be €188 per month without the discount? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I was offered the variety pack (another 12 month contract) with one multiroom HD box (not the HD channels) for 41 euros yesterday when I threatened to cancel our subscription. We are currently paying 38 for one box with the variety pack, doesn't seem like much of a deal to me! Would I get something better if I held out or am I wasting my time?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Hi guys just a question about new customers. Is it possible to get a better deal than what's advertised? I'm looking at the variety bundle plus multiroom and that comes in at 53euro. I presume as a new customer ringing up I won't get put through to the loyalty team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Tugboats wrote: »
    Hi guys just a question about new customers. Is it possible to get a better deal than what's advertised? I'm looking at the variety bundle plus multiroom and that comes in at 53euro. I presume as a new customer ringing up I won't get put through to the loyalty team?

You could try CPW or the sky selling stalls in shopping centers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

I was a Sky customer and canceled last Oct 14. In Dec they contacted me and offered all channels free for 2 months and 50% off for 12. I cancelled after the 2 months at the end of Jan. At the end March they contacted me again with the same deal. I am going to cancel again by the end of May. Hopefully at this rate I will have Sky free for 6 months of the years. I have saorview and Freesat to keeps me going otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭okiss

I am currently a sky customer. I have the variety bundle along with my phone and broadband. I will shortly have 12 months paid on the above.
    Has any one got any offer to stay with sky re the above without having to sign another 12 month contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I have variety, phone & broadband. Threatened to leave so they gave me 35% off for 10 months on a 12 month contract. Works out about €51 for the lot, not bad.
    Got HD for €7.50 for 12 months as the missus wants the box sets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

I have been with Sky for a lot of years, have the Sports package, no Movies paying 80pm
    Got a call tonight offering Movies for 4 quid for 6 months and 12 thereafter.

The OH decided to turn the tables and rang back looking for a deal.
    Straight off, as we are 10 yrs plus, the monthly package was reduced to 62.

We have a problem with the Box as its slow, a new Box usually costing 100. With an engineer install was reduced to Nil

Finally she chanced her arm to add Movies, got that added and the Monthly fee is now 72. So reduced from 80. Now with Movies and a new box.... Free. Result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭Ranelite

They rang house twice in past two weeks offering Movies for €4 to my wife but when I rang back they had no record of it - I think the offers come from England and I rang the Irish outfit. I tried to cancel Sport but the guy wouldn't take no and I spent twenty minutes listening to various deals that didn't fill the heart with joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LarryMac

I know its mentioned here in the past but just wanted some clarity. If I cancel completely how long do you need to wait before signing up as a new customer?
    I have read in previous posts that I can sign up after 2 months with same address but different bank account. But what is the official spiel? What are they looking up? The Name, the Address or the Bank Account previously used?
    I've had Sky with Sports for over 3 years now and have always been on some sort of deal (after a few calls to cancel) so the game has worked well for me! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

I signed up under a different name while we already had an account with them. Used a different bank account number though.

Why shouldn't you be allowed have 2 accounts at the aame address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

after 12 months is when you're deemed a new customer again afaik

batistuta9 wrote: »
    after 12 months is when you're deemed a new customer again afaik
    Correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have two accounts and the same address, same phone number, same bank account. My name and wife's name. It's not always an issue but did reject my account request as a second account in my own name(when taking the groupon deal).

due to be switched off today or tomorrow

wonder will a call come through :D

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

I signed up for TV only on the 75euro cash back deal but cancelled within the 14 day cooling off period due to service limitations. Obviously I assumed that the deal would be cancelled but just received my 75 euro cheque in the post today! What are the chances of being asked to refund it if I cash it? Have searched online for the T&Cs of deal but to no avail... Am guessing it was an oversight!

I signed up for TV only on the 75euro cash back deal but cancelled within the 14 day cooling off period due to service limitations. Obviously I assumed that the deal would be cancelled but just received my 75 euro cheque in the post today! What are the chances of being asked to refund it if I cash it? Have searched online for the T&Cs of deal but to no avail... Am guessing it was an oversight!

i know someone who did it before... nobody ever looked for it back

• Advertisement

TV turned off last week. Logged into my sky account and there are no offers available to me, just get this message.
    Unable to proceed

Unfortunately we are unable to show your exclusive offers available online. To continue or for more information, please call 0818 719 852.

not too fussed though, as had an old card I could slot in to give me all the Beeb's, ITV's, CH4's, CH5's plus loads more, and have saoirview, netflix and access to Sky Go. I probably would sign up again if I got a good deal, but I probably don't need to considering all the options I have!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

My 50% deal came to an end last week. Got a bill for double the usual price. I called up, at first there was nothing they could do, then they offered me 20% off with no min contract. Then they offered me 35% off for 10 months and 2 month full price on a 12 month contract. So I went through with the cancellation.

Worst case scenario I get my missus to sign up to a 50% friends and family offer after we get cancelled.

Same scenario happened 6 months ago but the 50% offer came through the week of the cancellation date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Was offered 35% off on March 16th. Didn't notice that they billed me the full amount last month but realised it this month. Had to ring and go through the whole process again today and was only offered 20% discount this time. Disgusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Can someone remind me how to get them to ring you back? Checked the golden Pages but couldn't find anything.

Soarer wrote: »
    Can someone remind me how to get them to ring you back? Checked the golden Pages but couldn't find anything.
    Post in their talk to forum or just send a PM to Sky Ireland: Reps with your name, account no. and phone number and ask them to call you at a specific time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement