Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Basq wrote: »
    Looks like it! :D

5JM9HU.png

Was gonna sign up yesterday - it's times like this I'm glad I often put things off til the last minute!

i have the same as what u got there, did u notice it says Variety for 6 months. half price

I am now on to a sky rep re the 6 months sports half price,

im been informed that variety is half price for 12 months, but that sports will revert to full price after 6 months.

hence in the above screen shot why it says 6 months half price .

really thought this was a full 12 month offer on all packs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

i got sky cut off during the week-what channels will be on the box after they cut service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

film 4 ...film 4 plus one....bbc (HD if you have HD box)....

i got sky cut off during the week-what channels will be on the box after they cut service?

just pull out the card, power down and up the box, and ull see what ull have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Freesat epg is the same, by & large.

I've heard it's slow and clunky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

The new hd boxes will give you very little on their regular epg after you are cut off, so you can either tune in the BBC itv etc on the other channels list or buy a UK free to air sky hd card.
    I bought the card as I'm leaving sky. I got it on eBay and it only cost 7 euro. When you get the card, unplug you sky box and the restart it with your new card and then all the UK free to air channels will be lined up on the epg starting with BBC 1 on 101. You will also be able to access a good few hd channels. A quick Google will give you the full channel list.
    You will not have the irish channels but if you have saorview then you're sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

greendom wrote: »
    I've heard it's slow and clunky?

Its not as fluid as sky but its still 7 day and it lists things in different ways depending on way u like it. I never flick through live tv as always watch off planner. There's series link, good few HD channels and the ITV player also works on it. A year and half with sky and its paid off....
    When I 1st got it, missus was used to sky and giving out about all the soaps etc she couldn't record anymore on rte/tv3 until she realised that they are all on BBc or ITV which she couldn't record on sky. Plus in HD.
    All the various bbc and itv channels are actually quite entertaining

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

P_Cash wrote: »

im been informed that variety is half price for 12 months, but that sports will revert to full price after 6 months.

Very confusing this. I had it confirmed by 3 different reps(boards, live chat and phone) that everything is half price for 12 months

Tugboats

Thank you for your PM.

I can confirm that the break down you have provided above is correct.

Should you chose to go with Variety, Sports and HD, your first bill will be €51. All bills thereafter for the initial 12 month period would be charged at €42. On month 13, once the offers have expired, the bill will increase to €89 per month. Please note that €9 should be credited to your account once activated as part of the Groupon offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If its the Groupon deal then its half price variety with sports and/or movies for 12 months. You must be looking at a different offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

My problem with that though might be our account is in both names so we might not be able to get it as new customers.

Put in in Irish, if that's confuse them, nothing will.

muffler wrote: »
    If its the Groupon deal then its half price variety with sports and/or movies for 12 months. You must be looking at a different offer.

groupon offer on Page 83,

maybe when i order it, it will have it for 12 months

Have you got the code from Groupon yet? You need that first and then enter it when signing up online.

Just re-reading your post. If its page 83 of this thread you're referring to then thats from 18 months ago and there is no link posted for that offer. Even if there was a link it would be expired now anyhow.

This is the current Groupon offer which expires tomorrow night.

ya, done that,

look at page 84, Basq first screen shot, it states, have price sports for 6 months, Post 3324

then look at his second one, post 3331,

maybe it fixes itself

• Advertisement

ya, done that,

look at page 84, Basq first screen shot, it states, have price sports for 6 months, Post 3324

maybe it fixes itself
    You must have the number of posts per page set from the default which is 25 posts per page. Im currently on page 225 of this thread so its better to refer to a post number rather than page number.

Anyhow, Im confused. You stated earlier that you were on to a Sky rep. Was that by phone and if so how could he/she not apply the offer if you had the code?

In fact there's been quite a few people who have posted here previously saying that they just rang Sky and said they wanted to avail of the Groupon offer and were signed up immediately.

Finally dont assume anything when it comes to filling in details online. Get it done right at the outset to avoid hassle further down the line.

ya, done that,

maybe it fixes itself
    Basq appears to have been attempting to sign up to different offers at the same time. You cant get the half price offer and then look for the cashback offer. Its one or the other.

The only advice I can give you is to ring Sky directly and have your Groupon code at hand.

Basq appears to have been attempting to sign up to different offers at the same time. You cant get the half price offer and then look for the cashback offer. Its one or the other.

The only advice I can give you is to ring Sky directly and have your Groupon code at hand.

tis exactly what im going to do.

ill take it, as i think half price is good, just about thought, prices creeping up all the time, and even half price right now is as far as ill go.

add another 1€ or 2 and im gone.

if you dont want 100% pure hassle stay away from that groupon offer

ive been told in the last 10 mins on phone to a sky ire rep that

its half price vari for 6 months, HD for 12 mths,

then i ve been told oh actually, its 12 months movies and sports, but 6 months variety, with HD at half price.

think ill pass on this, its taken up 2 days of my time, and nobody seems to know anything.

• Advertisement

then i ve been told oh actually, its 12 months movies and sports, but 6 months variety, with HD at half price.

think ill pass on this, its taken up 2 days of my time, and nobody seems to know anything.

I found the process very easy. All done on the phone in less than 10 minutes. I was given multitoom half price for 6 months and was given a better than half price offer on the movies which I didn't take. You're posts are however worrying and I will get everything confirmed again on Monday. I'm already with cowboys at UPC so don't need a new set of problems!

ill give it one more shot tomorrow morning before it runs out.

might get speaking to someone differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

No hassle here. Used the Groupon offer online. All done in about 10 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Just ordered this, no hassle at all, spoke to a very friendly rep, my bill each month will be €46.50 for Variety, Sports, Movies and HD. (She threw in Movies for an extra €4.50, didn't want it but for so little why not.)

She did have to check regarding the groupon offer, as she said there were lots of offers currently on, so possibly some reps may not be fully aware.

Just ordered this, no hassle at all, spoke to a very friendly rep, my bill each month will be €46.50 for Variety, Sports, Movies and HD. (She threw in Movies for an extra €4.50, didn't want it but for so little why not.)

She did have to check regarding the groupon offer, as she said there were lots of offers currently on, so possibly some reps may not be fully aware.

They seem keen to push the movies I guess most are just taking the sports. I didn't take it for 4.50e and got offered 3 months free movies and 4.50 after that. Still didn't bother but maybe I should?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Would have thought it would be a hard sell trying to get people to sign up for sports when there's nothing on for the next 2 months.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Would have thought it would be a hard sell trying to get people to sign up for sports when there's nothing on for the next 2 months.

As it's a 12 month deal you're covered for the football next season. I didnt fancy waiting until the season stated in case this deal wasn't available. There's defiantly more on sky sports over the summer(2 golf majors) than movie channels

Isn't it 15/16 season which BT have All the champions league games,

Then again between rte,utv and tv3 surely we will get enough coverage

Isn't it 15/16 season which BT have All the champions league games,

Then again between rte,utv and tv3 surely we will get enough coverage

Rte have a a Tuesday game
    Tv3 have a Wednesday game.

Ok, right now I've signed up, but took the movie option for now, what ill do in Aug I'll have to see. Perhaps switch to sports pack, and take BT for a month, then cancel. Try to get 9.99 a month

• Advertisement

Ok, right now I've signed up, but took the movie option for now, what ill do in Aug I'll have to see. Perhaps switch to sports pack, and take BT for a month, then cancel. Try to get 9.99 a month

Are Setanta open to deals in your experience? No way I'm paying 200+ euro up front or even 20e per month

Tugboats wrote: »
    Are Setanta open to deals in your experience? No way am I'm way 200+ euro up front or even 20e per month
    Try this link for €5 a month for June and July. If it works make sure you cancel again no later than 30 June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

If you add Sky movies with this deal can you downgrade the movies before the 12 month contract ends and save 4.50 a month?

From my experience BT/setan does very little in offers for new subs,

If u sign up or even sign up on an offer, if u cancel a month or two later your guaranteed to be offered 3 months for 12.99, and if you're lucky maybe 9.99

To be honest, I'm losing the will to watch most games lately, the quality just not ther, and sick to death of the over hyping.
    both Sky and BT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

From my experience BT/setan does very little in offers for new subs,

If u sign up or even sign up on an offer, if u cancel a month or two later your guaranteed to be offered 3 months for 12.99, and if you're lucky maybe 9.99

To be honest, I'm losing the will to watch most games lately, the quality just not ther, and sick to death of the over hyping.
    I'm sick of michael owens voice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭vicadd

Just bought groupon voucher and says it has expired ! After I bought it!

vicadd wrote: »
    Just bought groupon voucher and says it has expired ! After I bought it!
    Still showing as being valid for another 4.5 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Guys I have the groupon but can't find a code that works they all keep saying they have expired any ideas will sky honour the groupon voucher I have as there call centre is closed

collie0708 wrote: »
    Guys I have the groupon but can't find a code that works they all keep saying they have expired any ideas will sky honour the groupon voucher I have as there call centre is closed
    Dont know where you're getting that from as I have rang them before on Sunday evenings/nights. See here for Sky's confirmation of their opening hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Dont know where you're getting that from as I have rang them before on Sunday evenings/nights. See here for Sky's confirmation of their opening hours

Got through but being told that there is no one available until tommorow to look into this

Got through but being told that there is no one available until tommorow to look into this

The voucher is to get customers in. I'd be shocked if they didn't honour it tomorrow. Go into live web chat tomorrow and they will arrange a call back in minutes for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Has anybody cancelled their sky and ordered this in their other halfs name?

When did you buy the voucher? The one I purchased expired on the 7th June. Perhaps they mean midnight on the 6th?

"Place your order before 7 Jun 15."

Maybe ;)
    XsApollo wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Saw the Carphone Warehouse are selling the basic Sky tv package for €19 a month

• Advertisement

XsApollo wrote: »

That would be misleading Sky?

Technically, they are new customers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

No its not. Don't be ridiculous.

Its mad that new customers get better deals than those that have been with the 5 years plus.

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    No its not. Don't be ridiculous.

Its mad that new customers get better deals than those that have been with the 5 years plus.

every customer new and old gets a deal if they are willing to pick up the phone. The only people who get screwed are those who renew at whatever price Sky or any other service provider want them to pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Many long term customers are on legacy packages and are probably better off in the long term to stay with what they have. For example my parents pay I think €30/month and have all the basic channels including docs, music and cartoons. New customers pay more for all that. If they were to take an offer they would benefit in the short term but if they wanted to remain with Sky they would end up paying more for what they already have. They definitely would not want the bother of constantly having to ring Sky to get a cheaper deal.

BTW. Calling Sky on 0818 numbers is expensive. Sky customer reps are on Boards.ie. Send them a PM to ring you and they will.

• Advertisement
Advertisement