Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September's "Let's get absolutely Paralympic" Beers: Saturday 1st @ the Ship & Shovel

Options
  • 27-08-2012 5:57pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭

UPDATE: We'll meet at 6pm at Polpo in Covent Garden (postcode WC2E 7NA or here on Google Maps) with a view to be queuing/in the door between 6:15 and 6:30. If you want to come for food, text me and let me know so I can keep track of numbers.

After that we'll aim to be at the Ship and Shovell (WC2N 5PH, or here on Google Maps) between 7:30 and 8. Given that the S&S shuts relatively early, the Princess Of Wales on Villiers St (WC2N 6ND, or here on Google Maps).

If you've not been to a Beers before and fancy coming along, please send me a PM so we can exchange numbers. This means you have a way of getting in touch with the group, and I've got a way of telling you if there's a last minute change of venue.

Original post:On a more general note, I'm suggesting we try Polpo in Covent Garden for food, as it's less than half a mile from the Ship & Shovell. I say we meet there at 6pm with an aim to be either in the queue or in the door between 6:15 and 6:30, and moving on to the Ship & Shovell between 7:30 and 8.

Right folks, it's time for the next beers, happening this Saturday. We'll be going for food around 6:30 (venue TBC), then heading on to the Ship & Shovell just off Charing Cross.

If you've got a suggestion for where to go for food, post the details in thread. I'd like to set a venue by wednesday evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Meat Liquor? :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

serrity wrote: »
    Meat Liquor? :pac:

Goddamnit man I'm not going to one of those vegetarian-only places again! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,277 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Why not be truly "London Irish" and co-ordinate with the double header at Twickenham?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Marcusm wrote: »
    Why not be truly "London Irish" and co-ordinate with the double header at Twickenham?

Primarily because I'm abusing modly powahs feeling very lazy about catering to people who are going to be on the piss from about noon watching the rugby miles away when it comes to making plans.

If there are a substantial number of folks going to the rugby who want to meet up with us afterwards I'm open to being bribedconvinced to change my mind, though...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Topcat1234

Hi Folks, I'm new in London. Another one fallen off the boat to escape the blight!! lol I was hoping I could meet up with some of you lads on Saturday. Can someone send me their MOB or I can do vica versa on request. Should b good craic to meet up. All the best.

• Advertisement

Topcat1234 wrote: »
    Hi Folks, I'm new in London. Another one fallen off the boat to escape the blight!! lol I was hoping I could meet up with some of you lads on Saturday. Can someone send me their MOB or I can do vica versa on request. Should b good craic to meet up. All the best.

PM sent; if anyone else wants to come along who hasn't been before, drop me a PM so we can swap numbers and I can keep you posted on where we are.

Cheers for that dude! Look forward to meeting all board warriors on SAT! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭Tefral

Blow in from Limerick here, never been to a Boards meetup in Ireland never mind the Uk.

Can someone PM me a contact number in case I get lost, I am presuming the POA will be finalised before sat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Should be able to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Aww..... Will be back in Ireland for this one, but will be there for the October beers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Will also attend all going well.

Aww..... Will be back in Ireland for this one, but will be there for the October beers :D

Boo-urns! Who gave you permission to go home on a weekend when there's a Beers happening? ;)

On a more general note, I'm suggesting we try Polpo in Covent Garden for food, as it's less than half a mile from the Ship & Shovell. I say we meet there at 6pm with an aim to be either in the queue or in the door between 6:15 and 6:30, and moving on to the Ship & Shovell between 7:30 and 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

Unfortunately, again I won't be able to make this one. Have a ticket for the actual Paralympics Saturday evening.

Hope you all have a great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Suppose I could make an appearance at this thing Saturday, here 3 months now and always nice to meet a few more irish abroad

cronin_j wrote: »
    Blow in from Limerick here, never been to a Boards meetup in Ireland never mind the Uk.

Can someone PM me a contact number in case I get lost, I am presuming the POA will be finalised before sat?

Make that two blow-ins from Limerick so! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Hi Fysh,
    Will try as have commitments from three..so wont promise just yet in case Im late!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

Count me in for food and beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I probably won't be there for drinks (other commitments) but I'll try to made food. Updates will be provided as we get closer to the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

May as well officially confirm my attendance at both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Won't make dinner. Myself and a cousin should make it to the beers. Will update if any change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Sorry guys. Going to our first English wedding (I feel like we've finally arrived!) in Brighton on Sunday so we'll be having a quiet one Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 seanp86

Hows it going all,

Im another new one to London, have started a new job over here dont know too many ppl here yet would be interested in meeting up with a crew of u let me know what the story is!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

This was really good. Nice to catch up again and meet the newcomers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

It was good. Hope everyone made it back to their respective homes ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I say chaps, that was a spliffing night. I hope the plebs were able to satisfactorily amuse themselves after I left?

Reekwind wrote: »
    I say chaps, that was a spliffing night. I hope the plebs were able to satisfactorily amuse themselves after I left?

Is that a Freudian spliff, or were you just really, really relaxed when you posted that? :D

Hi Folks, was really looking forward to joining you guys yesterday but something came up and couldnt join! Shame! :-( Thanks for the initial text FYSH. Appreciated. Hope to catch up with everyone next time/ pretty soon and glad everyone enjoyed themselves yesterday. All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Nice to meet some people and see others again! Fun night.

Advertisement