Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Regulation

Options
  • 27-08-2012 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi All,

I have been trying for a while now to find some information regarding the regulation of the gaming/arcade sector in Ireland or to be more specific,the strip in Tramore Co.Waterford.
    Despite my efforts there seems to be very little information regarding any kind of regulation of these businesses. I am aware that the gaming licences for the individual machines are issued via the National Customs & Excise offices but these offices do not deal with customer complaints or compliance audits of the industry.
    I was wondering could anyone tell me are there any other regulators out there who ensure the compliance to codes of practice & conduct within these businesses. Are there any complaints procedures outside of the actual arcades themselves as there has been no resolution found with the business owners themselves.
    Just to be clear,the manner of the complaint is not a "..I lost all my money....I was robbed" complaint but rather it is to do with the possibile licencing breaches due to the failure to adhere to a responsible gaming establishment industry standards like those of the U.S sector.
    I would greatly appreciate any information that anyone could provide.Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement