Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to vent my anger

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Ludo wrote: »
    Probably because of the flippant comment about it only being ten minutes and sure they will be grand.

It is not flippant. That is exactly what I would do with my own child if I could seat them within a few rows and within sight.
    I would actually class it as dangerous to leave a three year old unattended during take-off of a flight.
    What do you think is dangerous about it? Bear in mind I said within sight.
    t is not the responsibility of strangers to ensure they keep their seat belt on.

Coat off, over the buckle and wrapped over it, so they cannot remove it. I'd be suprised if most 3 year olds would figure out the buckle especially if you turned the mechanism to face inwards.
    If they take it off once the place accelerates it could potentially lead to an unfortunate accident...or if they suddenly decide they want to be with their parents and try to get to them which three year olds are prone to doing.

A fall and a banged knee, or a bump on the head. God, the drama is building.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Ludo wrote: »
    Entitlement? No...common sense and courtesy.

I have offered to move for people on ryanair flights before (no kids involved) as it is the decent thing to do. No delay involved and no laser daggers required. It really isn't that difficult to be nice to people. You should give it a try sometime.

What I hate is, that I have paid for priority boarding to board the plane early and sit in the seat I want and then to be asked to sit somewhere else because a family can't sit together. That's not my problem.
    Some women asked me to move seat once because she wanted an aisle seat at the back of the plane even thought she was one of the last on plane.
    (I didn't give it up, to be moved to the center of the plane)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

This was borderline on-topic to begin with but it's gone way off the forum topic since. I was tempted to move it to R&R but there's been too many against-the-rant posts to do so. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement