Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EastEnders - Julia's Theme

Options
  • 27-08-2012 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Anyone else love when EastEnders use Julia's Theme after an exit or a death? I personally think that it should have been used last week when Ben left. What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Ben mightn't be gone yet though! There's still a trial to be held for him & Jay so he may be in it for that. But yeah Julia's Theme is always good for those emotional moments though i remember they used it once for Stacey when we first saw her meeting Jean for the first time in years and Jean had snubbed her, they used it when she was walking away from the house into the arms of her uncle Charlie.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Yangedd

Last year nearly every character got it at one stage or another, but this year they seem to be sparing it. It hasn't been used since the start of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Okay my bad, it seem's Ben is gone now! Just did a check of the character/actor and it says his contract wasn't being renewed. Haven't really being watching Eastenders too much this year, just dipping in every now & again & watched it for the first time in ages when the big reveal was aired.

There was some scandal with the actor being in court for sexual assault. That could have played a small part in his contract not being renewed.

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

I think Julia's theme is played for much loved character that people liked. I think a lot of people hated Ben for what he did and were glad to see the back of him. I love Julia's theme but last year it got played a but to much.

• Advertisement

I agree to an extent. I hated that Phil and Shirley got it, not to mention that terrible Amira!

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

Yangedd wrote: »
    I agree to an extent. I hated that Phil and Shirley got it, not to mention that terrible Amira!

Ya, I didn't think Syed and Christain deserved it either. One of my favorite Julia's theme was when Stacey got Julia's theme on the plane with baby Lily on Christmas day in 2010!

will.i.am wrote: »
    Ya, I didn't think Syed and Christain deserved it either. One of my favorite Julia's theme was when Stacey got Julia's theme on the plane with baby Lily on Christmas day in 2010!

That was great. Julia's Theme, extended theme and special closing titles.

That was actually the third time that Stacey got Julia's Theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭seanpjs93

I thought it'd be played when Anthony left

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭_petulia_

I think that it should be used when a major character leaves and Ben wasn't a major character.

• Advertisement

Syed and Christian got it when they didn't even deserve it, so why not Ben? He featured in a lot more hard hitting storylines than both Syed and Christian put together.

Advertisement