Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringbuoys!!

Options
  • 27-08-2012 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

Just a heads up to anyone if they see anybody tampering with the ringbuoys along the quay/bridge/johns river to contact the Gardaí on 051-305300 as it is an offence to tamper with life-saving equipment.

In the last number of weeks there has been a number of groups(mainly teenagers) observed removing the rings from the holders and bringing them elsewhere or just throwing them into the river.

Last Tuesday alone there was 11 ringbuoys removed from the water at Johns River that were after being thrown in.
    There has also been ringbuoys thrown up around the overhead electrical cables.
    I even found one in the middle of the road in Kilcohan last week :/
    Absolutely disgraceful and gone a bit too far so if you see anyone interfering with them give the Gardaí a shout.
    Much Love
    Elbows22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

There are quite a few groups hanging around the walkway at night. I was down there recently and the lack of lighting is a worry too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Just a heads up to anyone if they see anybody tampering with the ringbuoys along the quay/bridge/johns river to contact the Gardaí on 051-305300 as it is an offence to tamper with life-saving equipment.

In the last number of weeks there has been a number of groups(mainly teenagers) observed removing the rings from the holders and bringing them elsewhere or just throwing them into the river.

Last Tuesday alone there was 11 ringbuoys removed from the water at Johns River that were after being thrown in.
    There has also been ringbuoys thrown up around the overhead electrical cables.
    I even found one in the middle of the road in Kilcohan last week :/
    Absolutely disgraceful and gone a bit too far so if you see anyone interfering with them give the Gardaí a shout.
    Much Love
    Elbows22

I find it hard to comprehend how stupid a person would need to be to mess with ringbuoys as I was never that stupid even before i was a teenager. I never thought of vandalising them when drunk also. If anyone sees them interfering with them, throw the culprit in the river

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Max Powers wrote: »
    I find it hard to comprehend how stupid a person would need to be to mess with ringbuoys as I was never that stupid even before i was a teenager. I never thought of vandalising them when drunk also. If anyone sees them interfering with them, throw the culprit in the river

Narrow minded little gits is all they are :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

From the title, I thought this was a thread about homosexual's.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

lolaustin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Me and some of the lads were walking down waterside the other day and saw someone had thrown them in, we pulled them back out and placed them back in the holders, i can never understand why people would vandalize things that are there for no other reason than to help people! :-(

Ypu obviously didnt pay attention in spelling class :D
    Still got a laugh out of it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭granturismo

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Ypu obviously didnt pay attention in spelling class :D
    Still got a laugh out of it though :D

It could have been a thread about Celtic supporters from Ring in Co Waterford and their antics in Waterford City.

It could have been a thread about Celtic supporters from Ring in Co Waterford and their antics in Waterford City.

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

Could the Bouys be alarmed, no harm alerting Gardai if there is an emergency any way. A text based system based at the bottom of the holder and if there removed river rescue or gardai would receive notice.

Might be a bit expensive at the start but hopefully would pay for itself if it cut down on replacement costs.

Im sure a company like 02 or vodafone would sponsor there part of the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

jad2007 wrote: »
    Could the Bouys be alarmed, no harm alerting Gardai if there is an emergency any way. A text based system based at the bottom of the holder and if there removed river rescue or gardai would receive notice.

Might be a bit expensive at the start but hopefully would pay for itself if it cut down on replacement costs.

Im sure a company like 02 or vodafone would sponsor there part of the system.

That would probably make them into extreme version of knockadolly.

Fair play to Heathen and his mates for putting them back in place.

That would probably make them into extreme version of knockadolly.

Fair play to Heathen and his mates for putting them back in place.

True that - The Waterford Marine Search & Rescue (Who maintain the holders and rings) and the Gardaí would have a full time job on their hands for this alone between driving in and out thinking there is an emergency every 10minutes!!

@Heathen - Fair play buddy - If there was more people like yourself I reckon they wouldn't have any problem.

Advertisement