Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wet Plate/Film Print Size Discussion

• 27-08-2012 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

I moved these posts from the random thread, to keep it clean. there's some good discussion here, so feel free to continue!

sinead's image is still in the random thread also, though!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

C86DC0515FFF4D88BC626BF1FDBED7EC-0000314425-0002986855-00800L-B51AF72598A441A3BB7C5ADACC9C2918.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

sineadw wrote: »
    first Wet Plate Collodion \o/

oh cool, I think I have that Hipstamatic filter on my iPhone as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

6x6 isn't seeming big enough anymore Sinead/Daire...5x4 next or just go straight to 10x8? I need help!!

pete4130 wrote: »
    6x6 isn't seeming big enough anymore Sinead/Daire...5x4 next or just go straight to 10x8? I need help!!

20x24 ! http://www.bwphotopro.com/Site/Polaroid_20x24.html

Now THAT'D slow down and make you think (primarily about how much each shot is going to cost)

Otherwise , 8x10 ! Once I get my process down I want to be able to contact print directly to display sized prints. yowzers :D

Moar inches!

• Advertisement

20x24 ! http://www.bwphotopro.com/Site/Polaroid_20x24.html

Now THAT'D slow down and make you think (primarily about how much each shot is going to cost)

Otherwise , 8x10 ! Once I get my process down I want to be able to contact print directly to display sized prints. yowzers :D

Even 8x10 is crap expensive though. Says she off to buy ridiculous things.. :(

sineadw wrote: »
    Moar inches!

obligatory :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I need to get back working in the mines again to be able to afford 8x10 I reckon...

If you're serious, get a 5x4. You can always get an 8x10 back and bellows if you get fed up.
    /seriousthreadderailment

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i just take contact prints off reality itself. 1:1 reproduction ratio.

• Advertisement

i just take contact prints off reality itself. 1:1 reproduction ratio.

actually one of the things I want to do is take 1:1 shots of peoples heads* and then contact print them. 8x10 doesn't cut it though, I need a bigger camera. And bigger paper. And larger development trays. And more chemicals. And and and. *sigh*

*interestingly enough this makes them technically macro shots :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭vic20

This might be a cheaper option :D
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2189884_photocopy-face.html

actually one of the things I want to do is take 1:1 shots of peoples heads* and then contact print them. 8x10 doesn't cut it though, I need a bigger camera. And bigger paper. And larger development trays. And more chemicals. And and and. *sigh*

*interestingly enough this makes them technically macro shots :D

Advertisement