Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have to let my branch know I'm moving abroad ?

Options
  • 27-08-2012 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I was just wondering if I have to let my bank know that I am moving abroad for 9 months, since I'll still be using my boi account abroad :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

If you don't have credit cards or loans then no but it probably would help if you did. Also make sure your 365 ATM card/s on the account carry the Cirrus logo on the back and note a charge applies of approximately 4% of the amount you withdraw I believe. Good luck on your move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

It's a good idea to let your credit card company & now BOI because of Visa Debit that you will be abroad so as they don't start declining your transactions due to sudden unusual account activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

Cirrus (ATM) transactions - there is a 3.5% transaction charge with a minimum of €3.17 and a maximum of €11.43 per transaction
    Maestro (Point-of-Sale) transactions - there is a 1.75% transaction charge with a minimum of €0.46 and a maximum of €11.43 per transaction
    Some retailers do not operate a cashback policy
    The Bank will charge to the account the amount of any Government duty payable in respect of the card.
    Full details of all fees and charges can be found in our Schedule of Fees and Charges for Personal Customers (PDF, 252KB) (available from any Bank of Ireland branch) and Schedule of International Banking Charges (available from any Bank of Ireland branch). For Cirrus/ATM transactions, at some cash machines, you may be required to undertake more than one transaction to withdraw your full daily limit.
    Depending on the Current Account fee option/account package you are availing of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi BeccaEdel,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As you are planning to use your account while abroad, as chris2008x and Cushie Butterfield have correctly stated, it would be best to let us know. If you contact Banking 365 on 0818 365 365, a Representative can have this noted on your account. If you have a credit card with us and plan to use it abroad, the Credit Card Team can be contacted on 1890 251 251.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement