Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spirit

Options
  • 27-08-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.it was suggested that i try over here and that you guys might be able to help..so my query is about Tarquin Blakes wonderful book abandoned houses of ireland.and in particular a house in wicklow he calls the spirit house..anybody any idea where this house might be?thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Its not haunted simply because he titled it "The Spirit House".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

Riamfada wrote: »

Who said it was haunted? The OP is trying to trace the whereabouts of "a house".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

logic would say maudi assumes its haunted since this is the paranormal forum. If it was just directions required, then this is a weird place to be asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Maybe not but he does write this about it;

"Apparently the haunting only started years after the place was abandoned and appears to have been initiated by something which was found stored in chests inside the old house. The ‘something’ was disturbed and then removed from the house. The locals seem unable or unwilling to tell me what ‘it’ was, who took ‘it’ or what happened to ‘it’."

maccored wrote: »
    logic would say maudi assumes its haunted since this is the paranormal forum. If it was just directions required, then this is a weird place to be asking.

I would'nt make that assumption.

Logic might suggest that as its presumed by some people to be haunted, that a paranormal forum might be a good place to get directions for a house that you are looking for, for whatever reasons.

Its not "a weird place" to be asking in that instance, in fact it would be completely logical.

It looks like it could be a cracking film location to me.

Maybe the OP might let us know why he/she is looking for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Why are the moderators on this forum so hostile...the man claims some furniture was thrown around an adjacent room while he was photographing the house..thats why he calls it the spirit house..

As you said...i do think it haunted..

Logic might suggest that as its presumed by some people to be haunted, that a paranormal forum might be a good place to get directions for a house that you are looking for, for whatever reasons.

Its not "a weird place" to be asking in that instance, in fact it would be completely logical.

It looks like it could be a cracking film location to me.

Maybe the OP might let us know why he/she is looking for it.
    Im looking for it because im curious..nosey and i like exploring..caves ..mines ...old houses..where ever ...and id like to look around this "haunted"house...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Maudi wrote: »
    Hi guys.it was suggested that i try over here and that you guys might be able to help..so my query is about Tarquin Blakes wonderful book abandoned houses of ireland.and in particular a house in wicklow he calls the spirit house..anybody any idea where this house might be?thanks.

Apparently it is in Killavaney near Tinaheely, but I don't know where. There was a thread on boards about it a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Yes I know .... but the presumption was that the OP didnt think it was haunted (the basic response to Riamfada's statement)

It would only be logical if the OP presumed it was haunted.

Initially, as mentioned, someone replied to Riamfada's post claiming the OP didnt say anything about believing anywhere was haunted, so in that case, it would not be logical to make a post about something the OP didnt think was haunted in a paranormal forum.

As it ends out though, the OP answered the question directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Maudi, you should print out a Google map of the Killavaney area (the place suggested by Rasmus) and take a spin out there some day. It can't be that hard to find from there.

Alternatively, you could email the author of the book (I assume he has an email address) and ask him for directions. If he was sure you weren't out to deface or vandalise the house, he might help you out.

Maudi, you should print out a Google map of the Killavaney area (the place suggested by Rasmus) and take a spin out there some day. It can't be that hard to find from there.

Alternatively, you could email the author of the book (I assume he has an email address) and ask him for directions. If he was sure you weren't out to deface or vandalise the house, he might help you out.
    Thanks Mr.mr il try those ideas..

Fair enough, but remember...It's behind you!

Fair enough, but remember...It's behind you!
    Soo it is tinahealy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Is that in Killarney..I would so be up for a visit there if you fancied company...Same as you i just like going to visit old places and all that goes

Milly33 wrote: »
    Is that in Killarney..I would so be up for a visit there if you fancied company...Same as you i just like going to visit old places and all that goes
    Killvaney in tinahealy apparently..not too far from me..where bouts r u?

Haha but where is" Killvaney in tinahealy" what county? :) I am in Cork but can travel once tisnt miles away

Milly33 wrote: »
    Haha but where is" Killvaney in tinahealy" what county? :) I am in Cork but can travel once tisnt miles away
    Sorry..i should have said..its in kilvaney in tinahealy in our beautiful co wicklow..

Ouch that would be a bit of a travel away but i would love to know if tis worth to have a looksie..even if just for a wonder.>We recently drove up to Leitrim and Killarney and it is such a shame to see so many beautifull houses left to go to pot there

Advertisement