Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Maestro Laser card new?

Options
  • 27-08-2012 8:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

so i got this card today
    a Maestro laser debit card
    it has to replace my old debit card so i was told,

i relise i can only use this on irish sites if i want to buy online like gamestop.ie or what ever else
    nothing outside ireland

but im confused

its asking me for a 16 digit code for the card?
    on the front theirs a letter then 18digits straight after that
    and then theirs my naem
    my branch number
    my card number which is only 7 digits long
    and my expire date

theirs my cvv2 number on the back 4 digits then a space then 3 digits

but when i go to buy something online thats an irish site and thats in ireland
    it asks for my card number
    i gave it my card number 7 digit one
    then the 18 digit one then the 18digit one again with the letter

and it wont work
    ? anyhelp plz be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

the card number is the long string of digits beginning with 6706 - it can be more than 16 digits.

The CVV number is the last 3 digits of the seven digits on the back of the card

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

the card number is the long string of digits beginning with 6706 - it can be more than 16 digits.

The CVV number is the last 3 digits of the seven digits on the back of the card

sorry mate
    but can you clear something up for me?
    AIB said they will be sending me out a visa debit card
    and i get this laser/maestro debit card ( which i never asked for )
    is this laser/maestro debit card the actual card their giving me? cause i could of sworn they said il be getting a visa debit card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

saiint wrote: »
    sorry mate
    but can you clear something up for me?
    AIB said they will be sending me out a visa debit card
    and i get this laser/maestro debit card ( which i never asked for )
    is this laser/maestro debit card the actual card their giving me? cause i could of sworn they said il be getting a visa debit card
    They haven't started to issue the Visa Debits yet - it's meant to be Sept/Oct by the time they start issuing them, so it could well be a few months by the time your's is replaced, though you'll prob be able to order one as soon as things are up & running (You may have to pay for thos request though)

Advertisement