Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd round drop by 35

• 27-08-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭

i know its along shot but was just wondering if any1 can recall a course dropping by 35 points in the 2nd round

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Even if it happened in the past doesn't make it likely to happen again. It depends on the situation every year. Depending on the course, a drop of 35 points is possible but usually very unlikely. 5-10 points is usually the most a course will drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

yeah i know its unlikely was just wondering if it had happened before :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

aarond280 wrote: »
    yeah i know its unlikely was just wondering if it had happened before :)

It's more likely to happen in Level 6/7 courses rather than Level 8 where students get an offer of a Level 8 and a Level 7 and take the L8 offer leaving a lot of empty spaces in the L6-7 courses so the points take a nose dive in the second round. Very unusual for it to happen in L8 courses though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JustFrank

Can a level 6/7 coarse drop by at least 20 points in CAO round 2 offers ? thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

JustFrank wrote: »
    Can a level 6/7 coarse drop by at least 20 points in CAO round 2 offers ? thanks for the reply

They can if a lot of places become available. Round Two points are out since yesterday so you should be able to check them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 JustFrank

thanks for the info :D checked CAO recently no offers yet , but there's some chance I might get in

Advertisement