Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money missing during bank transfer

Options
  • 27-08-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

On 27 July I made an online bank transfer to my credit card (tesco) and although it was debited same day from my account still no sign of it at tesco's end. Have been on to both parties and trying to get a proof of payment passed over. Tesco insisting I have to allow the time for them to investigate.
    My question to boardsies is if anyone knows the protocol here. Are there rules and timelines that these banks should be following in such investigations ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

I don't know of any timeframe for this. I assume a 'reasonable' amount of time would be all that they would commit to. It may be in their T&Cs so you could check there.

Did you use their new bank details when making the payment? If not, no doubt you weren't the only one, so it could well be a couple of weeks before your payment is located & applied, though that's purely a guess. Customers were advised to make the changes before 30th July. The 27th was a Friday, so your payment wouldn't have got to their old bank account before the 30th.

http://www.tesco.ie/finance/visacards/New-Tesco-Bank-Credit-Card-Payment-Details.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

Yes it was to old tesco account but tesco told me on phone that this should already have been picked up by now
    Also I made a payment on 1 July to tesco NEW account and tesco only credited on 10 August
    So something up at tesco end..

Advertisement