Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geds quit log

Options
  • 27-08-2012 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Wel like many here iv decided to pack in the smokes once and for all. Iv been smoking roughly 10 years im 29 just gone. Im just sick of always smelling of smoke and rushing meals to have a cigarette and always having to go to the shop for a pack.

My goal is to be healthy and put on weight. My start date is tommorow and just 2 days ago my parents brought me home 200 cigarettes from holidays. I didnt let this deter me so i put them up for sale and a lad is taking them off me tommorow.

I gave them up for 6 weeks around 5 years ago and almost had them beaten just boredom one evening and like an eejit i gave in. I havnt been able to even give them up for a day since. Wel not this time, im determined to beat them this time and get my life back smoke free. Going to try post my daily experience here each day. Wish me luck :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭floatwinner

Good luck! You are doing the right thing in so many ways, don't be worried about putting on weight for the moment, concentrate on quitting and the rest will follow, I will be following this so don't let me down lol;)

• Site Banned Posts: 58 ✭✭franorzxrh2

watsup im 24 just found out last week that im gna b having a baby!!my gf kicked the cigs last week and its my turn dis week:).im gna be following your posts over the next few weeks!!and hopefully we caN ENCOURAGE EACH OTHER!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

GedR wrote: »
    Wel like many here iv decided to pack in the smokes once and for all. Iv been smoking roughly 10 years im 29 just gone. Im just sick of always smelling of smoke and rushing meals to have a cigarette and always having to go to the shop for a pack.

My goal is to be healthy and put on weight. My start date is tommorow and just 2 days ago my parents brought me home 200 cigarettes from holidays. I didnt let this deter me so i put them up for sale and a lad is taking them off me tommorow.

I gave them up for 6 weeks around 5 years ago and almost had them beaten just boredom one evening and like an eejit i gave in. I havnt been able to even give them up for a day since. Wel not this time, im determined to beat them this time and get my life back smoke free. Going to try post my daily experience here each day. Wish me luck :D

Good luck mate, I'm 30 and quit 3 weeks ago, feel better than I have in years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭GedR

Good luck! You are doing the right thing in so many ways, don't be worried about putting on weight for the moment, concentrate on quitting and the rest will follow, I will be following this so don't let me down lol;)

Thanks for the support floatwinner i wont let you down!;)
    watsup im 24 just found out last week that im gna b having a baby!!my gf kicked the cigs last week and its my turn dis week:).im gna be following your posts over the next few weeks!!and hopefully we caN ENCOURAGE EACH OTHER!!!

Congratulations to you fran you picked the perfect time to give them up!
    Good luck mate, I'm 30 and quit 3 weeks ago, feel better than I have in years...

Thanks jack you are well on the way after 3 weeks hope to be there soon myself!

Today went well im glad to say. Cravings didnt realy kick in until around 1 o clock and for some strange reason i started feeling a tightness in my chest. Ate plenty today anyway and kept busy. Starting this thread was a great idea as you can see from the posts iv got from the lads above. This will keep me accountable. Im really looking forward to waking up tommorow as a non smoker!

Its going to be tough i wrecken cigarettes completely dominate a smokers life they are bad news. I feel already that i can beat them and with each day il feel more and more confident. I had to post this early as im heading away and wont have access to my computer. Il be posting again tommorow night

I found today grand still getting cravings every now and then but managing to stay on track. The mental toughness you get even beating them a day is unreal

• Advertisement

Apologies for not updating until now everyone. I found this weekend hard so i purchased the nicorette inhaler. Yesterday was the best day so far cravings are very light so far this week. Drinking plenty of water and eating loads. My throat is still dry in the mornings im sure this will go eventually.

I think the inhaler is a good idea for 2-3 weeks anyway i will hopefully pack that in then aswel. I find myself sleeping alot better the last few nights also although im getting very tired arounf half 9 - 10 at night. Hope i can stay off them im certain i can to be honest. Having not been able to go even one day off them before iv made the biggest step now. I hope things are going good for all the lads who have gone off them and i will try not be lazy and post something every night:D

Another day down. Cravings are not bad at all the last few days. Just taking it day by day at the moment i think thats the best way to beat the cigarettes. Sleeping alot better the last few days and hardly drinking any tea and i used always have a cup of tea with every cigarette

Still going strong getting fair bad headaches the last few days and throat is very dry but i think the inhaler is the cause of that. Cravings are not bad at all. I hope everybody who has given them up is still on the right path :)

Wel im off them over 3 weeks now and things are going well. Its not as tough as i taught it would be like i said i just needed to get passed one day. I have to be careful it doesnt sneak back up on me like it did the last time i gave them up (tried) few years back.

Im setting a few milestones now so i wont be writing everyday just the days i achieve these goals:
    • 7 weeks (was off them 6 before so first step is to beat that)
    • 6 months
    • 1 year
    Best of luck once again to anybody who has given up or plans too

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭MeIsGod

Fair play Gedr, im 30 and smoking 15/20 a day since my teens, off the smokes 3 weeks myself and ok with it now- but found first week really tough and got mouth ulcers (never had them before) but seem to be over the worst of it. think it helps if you're running,swimming or doing some physical activity where you can see/feel the benefits

• Advertisement

MeIsGod wrote: »
    Fair play Gedr, im 30 and smoking 15/20 a day since my teens, off the smokes 3 weeks myself and ok with it now- but found first week really tough and got mouth ulcers (never had them before) but seem to be over the worst of it. think it helps if you're running,swimming or doing some physical activity where you can see/feel the benefits

Well done lad it will be worth it in the end just keep yourself busy and keep thinking of the reason why you gave them up and your right about doing some kind of activity took up fishing myself hadnt done it in years and im literaly hooked on it now :)

Advertisement