Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cabbage ultimate problems

Options
  • 27-08-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Im on vodafone and up until a few days ago cabbage ultimate and even cabbage lite was working perfectly. Now it never lets me send any messages and just comes up failed. Anyone else have the same problem? I uninstalled and re installed and still no go. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

Was told today that vodafone nows requires a CAPTCHA on their webportal before sending. Not vodafone myself so cant check

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PrincessHolly

davidm20 wrote: »
    Was told today that vodafone nows requires a CAPTCHA on their webportal before sending. Not vodafone myself so cant check
    Whats a captcha? How would i check?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Whats a captcha? How would i check?

Anything you need to know about it:>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAPTCHA

And vodafone have indeed implemented this as 'security' measure since the weekend. You can add your voice to this thread in the talk to vodafone forum if you like:>>>The 'Vodafone - ditch the Captcha for webtext' thread

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭johneire31

Yes indeed, I find myself now in the same situation, being unable to send text with Cabbage on the Vodafone network. If there is no fix for this I will indeed move networks.

Yes they say the change is for security reasons, and I believe them, but I believe its for there own financial security reasons. I guess people will vote with their feet, the end result will be a drop in revenue as economics teaches us. I often wonder what type of a clown in an organisation is tasked with making decisions like this and do they ever think it through, given that Vodafone at the best of times is not even competitive with its rivals.

Oh well, Im off now to do some network comparisons research

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Same problem here. I removed and re-installed cabbage and it seems like there is a new cabbage version which asks you for the security letters before sending a text, just like in the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Galego wrote: »
    Same problem here. I removed and re-installed cabbage and it seems like there is a new cabbage version which asks you for the security letters before sending a text, just like in the website.

There is indeed :)

Advertisement