Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees query.

Options
  • 27-08-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi.

I have been offered a Fetac Level 5 course for the coming year and i was wondering what the story is with fees.

In the letter it says that the fees are broken up into two parts. Registration fee or €200 and Dept of Education for also for €200. Underneath it says that if i hold a medical card(which i do) i won't have to pay the DOE fee. The are looking for the other half by next week which is a bit short notice. Is this fee covered by my medical card as well or by the SUSI grant which i have also applied for.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi.

I have been offered a Fetac Level 5 course for the coming year and i was wondering what the story is with fees.

In the letter it says that the fees are broken up into two parts. Registration fee or €200 and Dept of Education for also for €200. Underneath it says that if i hold a medical card(which i do) i won't have to pay the DOE fee. The are looking for the other half by next week which is a bit short notice. Is this fee covered by my medical card as well or by the SUSI grant which i have also applied for.

Thanks.

Hi OP,

Unfortunately the only part of the PLC registration charge that's covered is the €200 DOE charge. Most PLC colleges also add their own charge to that and its up to the individual student to pay that. Some students who are on BTEA use their cost of education allowance for this. The PLC colleges in our area also insist on payment up front and are quite strict about it. You could try speaking to the Facilitator in Social Welfare for help but that's a bit of a long shot

Advertisement