Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Limerick a nice place to spend a couple of nights?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

zulutango wrote: »
    Ah, for feck sake, are you saying Foynes or Abbeyfeale are more in the region of Limerick City than Killaloe or Shannon? Come off it!! Of course they're not!

Ah here Zulu, I never even attempted to say Abbeyfeale (at least I know where that is, you're talking to a guy who depends on a sat nav to find his way around Limerick City from castletroy to dooradoyle!) or Foynes were anywhere near Limerick City, I'm just trying to say what I consider ISN'T considered Limerick City.
    The Limerick city region is the area around Limerick city and that includes much of south-east county Clare simply because Limerick City is on the border of counties Clare and Limerick.

I'm off to update my sat nav in that case! Right after I contact Niall Collins and tell him that Google maps has messed up again and Limerick City now borders County Clare, they can take sixmilebridge off the map!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Ah here Zulu, I never even attempted to say Abbeyfeale (at least I know where that is, you're talking to a guy who depends on a sat nav to find his way around Limerick City from castletroy to dooradoyle!) or Foynes were anywhere near Limerick City, I'm just trying to say what I consider ISN'T considered Limerick City.

The difference in our arguments is that you are arguing strictly what Limerick City is, while I'm taking a more pragmatic view. Technically, neither Dooradoyle or Castletroy are Limerick City either. They're in the county. But we all know that they are part of the city for all intents and purposes. Same goes for Westbury, which is actually in the county of Clare. It's effectively part of Limerick City. And it most certainly is in the Limerick City region, just as many other places in County Clare are.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anybody fancy getting back to the OP's question and making practical suggestions about things to do in and around Limerick City?
    Anyone?

Anybody fancy getting back to the OP's question and making practical suggestions about things to do in and around Limerick City?
    Anyone?

Surfing!!! ;)

And, no, I don't mean Lahinch ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4mYKlccSt8

Anyone?

What are the chances of organising an impromptu boards beers this weekend then and invite the OP and their boyfriend along for a few?

Now there's an idea!

• Advertisement

Good idea. Alas, I'm heading off to the Electric Picnic. Woe is me!

Anyone?

Surfing!!! ;)

And, no, I don't mean Lahinch ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4mYKlccSt8

Zulu that poor chap looks like he's about to drown! I'd to google the curragower, wouldn't fancy trying it now myself but the OP could always try zip lining down from the roof of the absolut and into the surf if they were that much of an adrenaline junkie!

quiet weekend you say? pfft! :D

Good idea. Alas, I'm heading off to the Electric Picnic. Woe is me!

Have a great time at it anyway, Stradbally is normally at least a nice quiet town! :D

And try not to get lost on the way back to Limerick! :p

Have a great time at it anyway, Stradbally is normally at least a nice quiet town! :D

And try not to get lost on the way back to Limerick! :p

Ahhh ... The Electric Picnic ... one of the finest music festivals in the Limerick region :D

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cat87

Cheers for the input and ideas guys, had a lovely weekend away :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Stayed in Limerick lately for few days. Great value there in hotels. Got the Maldron for 4 nights for 45 per night for 2 of us. Also a good hotel is the South Court. 8.50 for carvery dinner plus one meal at only 5eur. Superb value and the food there is v good. Went for walk on Lehinch beach. Beautiful place and surfers bobbing on the waves. A nice shop/cafe just out the road in Liscannor called the Rock Shop. Does all crystals, different types of cut stone and a nice place to relax with a coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cat87

Definitely some lovely hotels there for great prices. has to be one of the cheapest places to stay in Ireland!

Advertisement