Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Restaurant Recommendation Needed

Options
  • 27-08-2012 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm heading to Dublin a couple of weeks with some family and we are looking for a nice, reasonably price restaurant somewhere in the city.

Ideally somewhere around the Grafton St, O'Connel St or Quays area, but are open to suggestions of restaurants that aren't in the city centre, as long as they are close to it.

We don't want to spend more than E30 per person for food.

We don't want somewhere that does specific food (Indian, Chinese, Thai etc).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Harry's Bar on Dawson St (near the Mansion House) wasn't bad last time I went to it.

Coppinger Row (on the street of the same name) is also decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Harry's Bar on Dawson St (near the Mansion House) wasn't bad last time I went to it.

Coppinger Row (on the street of the same name) is also decent.
    Thanks so much for your reply and recommendations, I will check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link however I was hoping for some Boardsies recommendations for restaurants they have eaten in and can recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Try this place http://www.luigimalones.com/

They do an early bird 3 course €23.95 mon - fri 12 - 7pm
    And early lunch menu saturday 12-5pm.

Really tasty good quality food, nice atmosphere and a plenty to choose from the early bird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Seagrass up on Richmond Street in Portobello is lovely too. Its free corkage so can grab a nice bottle or 2 of wine on the way in and very good.
    Food is excellent as is service and there's a really well priced early evening menu for €21 quid for 3 courses. Food is generally locally sourced and seasonal so everything is lovely and fresh. Had the pork belly last time and it was delicious.....
    http://www.seagrassdublin.com/

Thanks so much. Luigi Malones looks fab. Would love to hear more suggestions though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Russo's on Dame St - cheap and food is fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Russo's on Dame St - cheap and food is fab!

That is good, had a big family dinner in there a few weeks ago and they looked after us. Food is good too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

www.camdenkitchen.ie is very nice too, must try coppinger row have only heard good things about it.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much everyone. Really interested in trying Luigi's and Russo's, they both look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Sandraf

You could try the early bird in The Trocadero (its under 30E) but you would have to book. Famous restaurant - been around for years, does a range of food.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, we've decided on Luigi Malone's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions, we've decided on Luigi Malone's.

Try the toblerone cheesecake :D

Advertisement