Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term rental

Options
  • 27-08-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

Hi London boardies. Hoping you can help. I'm in between properties and looking for accommodation with friends.
    Has anyone experience of this type of rental? Im only needing it on a week to week basis as an interim measure. I'm searching Gumtree/spareroom.co.Uk etc but not having much luck!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I stayed in a short-term place in Shepard's Bush when I first moved over was was waiting for a room to become available. Pricey enough (£40 a night or something) but cheaper than a hotel

I can't remember the name of the place I stayed (they had about half a dozen mini-apartments in the building) but I did find them on roomorama

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Thanks for reply. That will be beyond budget for me though. I'm needing a month let between properties. I've got on spareroom.co.uk and it seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bazpaul1

I'm in the same boat as you - i'm looking for short term lets next week.

I have found that some pop up on gumtree all the time - usually people are going on holiday for one month.

The problem is they are fixed dates... e.g Sept 8th - Oct 5th for £450

Rather than week by week.

Let me know if you perfect a method for finding short term lets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I'm sorted now with a friend.

Spareroom.co.uk is your best bet, I got lots of offers with flexible dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bazpaul1

Well done!!!

Did you make a personal ad?? and thus got some offers?

I hate the way you have to sign up and pay for "early bird rooms" - i wont be doing that!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement