Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

luas helpers.

• 27-08-2012 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

i was in Dublin for the day today. took my son to Dublin zoo then went to wax museum then walked around town. a nice time was had by all.
    we went to the Jervis luas stop to get tickets to get back to heuston.I'm not from Dublin, I'm not well up on how to get tickets so it took time At the machine, when out of the blue i was greeted by two luas " helpers".
    one female was out of her mind and asking me for change while telling me what to do and the guy with 2 black eyes and a swollen cheek was at the other side of me egging her on.i felt intimidated to say the least and my six year old beside me.
    I'm just wondering what Dublin people (or any other people) normally do in this situation.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Write to Luas to complain on the presentation of their staff.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

tell them to fuck off

that or throw a 50c piece onto the tracks as a tram is pulling up, see if they take the risk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I normally just say "Thanks, I know what I'm doing" and continue on with my business.

It's happened to me a few times, and I've honestly never felt intimidated. I don't see why you would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I normally just say "Thanks, I know what I'm doing" and continue on with my business.

It's happened to me a few times, and I've honestly never felt intimidated. I don't see why you would.

Most of those are like the living dead due to heroin. Intimidating yes but generally unable to physically do damage. Personally I would decline their request and walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I'm norra junkie Anto, I'm a bleedin Luas helpar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

tell them to fuck off

that or throw a 50c piece onto the tracks as a tram is pulling up, see if they take the risk

I bet youre at least 50! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Tell them to fcuk off !

No seriously, don't let them intimidate you. Ignore them. Go about your business. Move to another machine if need be.

Sadly, scummers like that are a sad fact of life around city centre Luas stations due to the geniuses who decided to place a high number of methadone clinics in the middle of the city centre. I have a Leap card that I preload with money before I travel. If you are coming up to Dublin again, that is what I'd do. That way I do not have to be messing with money in plain view of these pests who harass innocent tourists. You can buy them in most newsagents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Op the Luas is actually free to non-Dubliners, there was no need to but a ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

We get earl grey and clotted crème scones on the green light Op ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

They sit all day at the Luas green line as well, ''helping'' to show tourists how to use the ticket machine. I always felt nervous around them, and always got a return ticket just to avoid them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Lollers wrote: »
    They sit all day at the Luas green line as well, ''helping'' to show tourists how to use the ticket machine. I always felt nervous around them, and always got a return ticket just to avoid them.

Rather than helping avoid them, wouldn't a return ticket simply make you return to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

crazygeryy wrote: »
    i was in Dublin for the day today. took my son to Dublin zoo then went to wax museum then walked around town. a nice time was had by all.
    we went to the Jervis luas stop to get tickets to get back to heuston.I'm not from Dublin, I'm not well up on how to get tickets so it took time At the machine, when out of the blue i was greeted by two luas " helpers".
    one female was out of her mind and asking me for change while telling me what to do and the guy with 2 black eyes and a swollen cheek was at the other side of me egging her on.i felt intimidated to say the least and my six year old beside me.
    I'm just wondering what Dublin people (or any other people) normally do in this situation.

begging with menace is a crime. there were plenty of guards on the luas over the weekend as well as luas security. I usually ignore the helpers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

crazygeryy wrote: »

I'd say the Dublin people in the Dublin forum, would be pretty helpful on all Luas related issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

if you are not used to junkies and people with prison tatoos it can be intimidating.

Advertisement