Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand bikes

Options
  • 27-08-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Do second hand bikes exist these days? I want something to spin around on, in and out to work and that sort of thing. Shops seem to be recommmending new bikes on the cycle to work scheme. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nas10

Yeah, ring into the guards and ask them about a bike, they have lots of stolen and ditched bikes never reclaimed, you might have to maybe pay a small fee though. Thats how it used to be anyways, not sure if they still do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

There used to be a second hand bike that was well known over the whole city - went by the name Monica :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

Tony O'Mahony's in Dungarvan do second hand stuff. I know it's not the city, but he's about the only one locally that does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

I must have to buy a bike for myself... I got two stone overweight since last year, Shocking, Will bike help you to lose weight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I must have to buy a bike for myself... I got two stone overweight since last year, Shocking, Will bike help you to lose weight ?
    It will indeed. It's cheaper than joining a gym, and you'll get to see some of the countryside.
    The first cycle or two can be tough, but you'll get used to it fairly quickly. (at least that's what I found)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 yankadi

It's great for losing weight, you can get some tips on google for an easy enough "Plan" .. secondhand ones .. try donedeal I saw an ad there the other evening and think it was 5 bikes for 100, needed some tlc but still looked ok!

actually was 10 of them.. fix one up, sell the rest !
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/bicycles/3787753

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

The charity shop on the Tramore road, just before the round about always have a few in there for fair cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

The charity shop on the Tramore road, just before the round about always have a few in there for fair cheap.

Might go have a look this evening before i go for a nice take-away near Public Toilets on the beach.... Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

yankadi wrote: »
    actually was 10 of them.. fix one up, sell the rest !
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/bicycles/3787753

Wrong ad me thinks. Will ya carpet me driveway?

• Advertisement

Wrong ad me thinks. Will ya carpet me driveway?

! dunno how that happened.. can't find the bikes either..
    shagpile or just plain? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackbeard

does any body know of a good shop that does bike repairs???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

blackbeard wrote: »
    does any body know of a good shop that does bike repairs???
    Spokes on Patrick street is the place I go to get any work done. Never had any problems.
    I find them better value than Altitude, and more accomodating.

Advertisement