Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can bouncers ban you from a club

Options
  • 27-08-2012 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

every time i go out i get dragged out of the line of this particular club in galway.

Because i was hammered and called the bouncer a prick back in june.

they said that i will be let in at the end of august and that has come and now they changed it to the end of september and the last sat they said the rest of my life im banned.

the annoying thing is literally every1 i know goes to this club and i never get in and we have to go to another not so great club.

i would bribe them if i had the money

is there anything i can do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You can complain on the internet about it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Should bounces have to put up with verbal abuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Grow some facial hair, shave your head, start wearing an eye patch etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Stop being so pissed when you try and get into the club and stop being a dick to the bouncers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You keep going back therefore they keep remembering you and I'm sure you're giving them more grief. Take a couple of months off and don't try to get in and then go back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

rdogg12794 wrote: »
    every time i go out i get dragged out of the line of this particular club in galway.

Because i was hammered and called the bouncer a prick back in june.

they said that i will be let in at the end of august and that has come and now they changed it to the end of september and the last sat they said the rest of my life im banned.

the annoying thing is literally every1 i know goes to this club and i never get in and we have to go to another not so great club.

i would bribe them if i had the money

is there anything i can do

Its done now, you cant change it !!

Best thing you can do now is when you see the bouncer again, take a long run and kick him as hard as you can in his bollox and get some bang for your buck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Take an empty jam jar, chivers would be ideal. Clean it out with washing up liquid & hot water. you can remove the label on the jar with hot water & a knife.

Collect all your tears inside the jar (I'm sure you'll be able to fill it over the next few days). When full wrap a big bow around it and hand it to the bouncer in question.

He should let you in then no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Irish_wolf

Get yourself and all your mates to send letters to the owner/general manager saying all of you will boycott the club and tell your friends to do likewise, keep it formal and dont rat out the particular bouncer or say they're ****e or whatever, common sense etc. If this is really all that has happened the owner will probably have a word with the bouncer. Talking with/bribing the bouncer will get you nowhere, except out of the line.

Seriously though is this place really worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Maybe go in some day when you're not hammered and ask to see the bouncer in question or a manager, apologise and explain that you would very much like to spend your hard earned cash at their bar because its where all your friends go, if you are polite and sincere I'm sure they will see reason. Which club is it? Carbon?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Bouncers can really do whatever they want. Bit of power goes to their head.

Although it did teach you not to verbally abuse bouncers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Try kicking the door repeatedly when they don't let you in, bouncers just love that sh1t.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

"Management retain the right to refuse admition"

I have been hammered many many times and never been kicked out of anywhere. What did you do that got you kicked out? Maybe the bouncers are right in not letting you in. Maybe the people of Galway are better off not having you around to get hammered and do nasty stuff in clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

CiaranK wrote: »
    Bouncers can really do whatever they want. Bit of power goes to their head.

I can see in this case how the bouncer was responsible for the OP being hammered and abusive. Indeed.

OP, why continue to try get into a place that you are clearly not welcome to? Seriously, there must be at least dozens of alternate options in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 rdogg12794

MadYaker wrote: »
    Maybe go in some day when you're not hammered and ask to see the bouncer in question or a manager, apologise and explain that you would very much like to spend your hard earned cash at their bar because its where all your friends go, if you are polite and sincere I'm sure they will see reason. Which club is it? Carbon?

ya carbon haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

As someone already said, go to the man SOBER, apologise and tell him you plan to go away from his door for a few months. Go back in a few months SOBER and talk to him. It has worked on me in the past.
    All you are doing is annoying him every week and he'll never let you in while you are standing outside abusing him(most likely what is happening when he takes you out of the line)

connundrum wrote: »
    I can see in this case how the bouncer was responsible for the OP being hammered and abusive. Indeed.

OP, why continue to try get into a place that you are clearly not welcome to? Seriously, there must be at least dozens of alternate options in Galway.

theres only 3 clubs that are 18s the other 2 are 21s and one of three 18s is absolute garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Go up to the club during the day, explain your situation and apologise to the bouncer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

ya carbon haha

and you called it a good club.....lol

Melion wrote: »
    As someone already said, go to the man SOBER, apologise and tell him you plan to go away from his door for a few months. Go back in a few months SOBER and talk to him. It has worked on me in the past.
    All you are doing is annoying him every week and he'll never let you in while you are standing outside abusing him(most likely what is happening when he takes you out of the line)

no when they take me out of the line i never abuse them i say sorry everytime for calling them names i only called him names once in june

Prick! wrote: »
    and you called it a good club.....lol

well everyone im friends with goes there cuz its cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I really wouldn't put too much time or effort into trying to get into Carbon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Melion wrote: »

no when they take me out of the line i never abuse them i say sorry everytime for calling them names i only called him names once in june
    Bouncers generally work for a private firm, not the club, write a letter to his employer asking for their rules on such matters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

So you're just going out for cheap booze than a good time? Should just stay at home and drink the anus outta yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This has never happened to any of my friends but then again none of them ever called any of the bouncers a prick. Take my advice in my previous post and if that doesn't work then I don't know... grow a beard or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

From my experience working doors I'd highly doubt that. Young lads being taken out of a line in front of there friends while drunk don't just walk away. I've given you advice that I guarantee will work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

What do they do to you thats cheap? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Don't worry about it OP - in a few years you'll realize how terrible nightclubs actually are and won't want to go anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Burn the club down.

Then your friends will have to drink in a new location

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Lelantos wrote: »
    Bouncers generally work for a private firm, not the club, write a letter to his employer asking for their rules on such matters.
    Why on earth would you do that? It's very simple, the guy caused trouble there some night and he's not being left in to the club for that reason. Writing letters is a waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Did you try apologising, which may have worked, but I doubt it, OP you sound like a spoilt dick who doesn't like rules.

I would have banned you for life.

Advertisement