Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where this is?

• 27-08-2012 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

This lane was "dressed" for a movie called "Yesterday's Children" in 2000 or thereabouts. Possibly in Enniskerry, Newcastle or Greystones area. Anyone recognise it. Thanks in advance.

unknown9.jpg

unknown2t.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

I think thats enniskerry, ballybrew? Up past gaa pitch, past turn for ballybrew, laneway on left in dip of road, b and b at end of this lane, think a b and b sign on road

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Thanks for replying Wicklowandy. I've had a look on Google Earth and can't seem to find this lane.

After passing the turn for Ballybrew (on the right) there is a short lane on the left that seems to just lead through Powerscourt Golf Club. The next turn left along the road does have a B&B sign (Oakland) but this seems to be the road that leads to Knockree Hostel. I "drove" along it in Google but no sign of the location.

Have I missed something?

Just to close this off I have discovered that the location is not in Wicklow after all. It was in an area in South Dublin that has since been bulldozed during the M50 construction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Mebuntu wrote: »
    Just to close this off I have discovered that the location is not in Wicklow after all. It was in an area in South Dublin that has since been bulldozed during the M50 construction.

Apologies, i thought it was the laneway(the buildings on the laneway were originally powerscourt estate houses)

No worries at all, Wicklowandy. I very much appreciate that you tried to help me out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement