Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M.A.C. Eye Shadows

• 27-08-2012 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,
    Looking for a bit of help. Want to pick 15 shadows that will do any make up look. Here is the list I have compiled so far from various site recommendations. Could anyone tell me if they think it's ok
    Shroom
    Plum Dressing
    Trax
    Vanilla
    Rice Paper
    Humid
    Satelitte Dreams
    Satin Taupe
    Woodwinked
    Cork
    Mulch
    Silver Ring
    Typographic
    Black Tied
    Winkle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Shroom, Vanilla and Rice Paper would be similar enough colours, imo. I'd probably drop Rice Paper. (I'm guessing you'd be using it as a base colour).

Satellitte Dreams would be quite similar to Trax, no?

Woodwinked is my favourite MAC shadow ever. Love it!

Ultimately, once you'll use all the colours it shouldn't really matter.

I'd probably have Espresso in there too. It's a dark brown, matte colour. Good for the smokey eye look and using as an eye liner too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I'd really recommend Club, Vex, Sumptous Olive and Steamy, There some of my faves not listed above. I'd agree with dropping either ricepaper or shroom! Prob ricepaper as Shroom looks really nice with Satin Taupe. Club is definatly worth a look tho ! So cool, looks different in different lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brazennell

Ok gonna drop rice paper and Trax. I'll look at club and I watched a tutorial where they used cranberry and it was fab! Espresso is one I've seen loads too.....argh lol
    Thanks girls was a great help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

I'd suggest popping in a nice blue in your selection too, maybe something like Deep Truth, or would you prefer to stick to neutrals?

no i don't want all neutrals.... thanks will have a look at that... i thought i'd selected a good range of colour there.... lol. i'll know once i can see them all in front of me. i was thinking of getting the naked palette by urban decay too.... oh it's so bloody hard to decide. i just want them all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Oh, I've seen Cranberry used brilliantly with another colour. (will investigate and return).

Sweet

Advertisement