Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Watch (stuff in the shops)!

Options
  • 27-08-2012 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

OK, not sure if a thread has been started, and didn't think this would be up and running for a few weeks BUT :D

was North today and there were signs of Christmas already. :)

Spotted in tesco, tins of sweets half price, Thortons big boxes half price

Mince pies ;)

Christmas scented candles

Shops advertising for Christmas staff

We're up and running, let the countdown begin!!...:) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Yea I got the Tesco leaflet thru the door today with all the tins of Sweets gonna be half price from tomorrow. Handy. Time to pick up a tin of Quality Street and try not to eat them so!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

hdowney wrote: »
    Yea I got the Tesco leaflet thru the door today with all the tins of Sweets gonna be half price from tomorrow. Handy. Time to pick up a tin of Quality Street and try not to eat them so!

If I bought them now and they survived until Christmas, that truly would be a Christmas miracle!

lockie1983 wrote: »
    If I bought them now and they survived until Christmas, that truly would be a Christmas miracle!

I can't afford to buy them twice, so if I bought them and ate them it'd be tough tits come Christmas. And you CAN'T have Christmas without the tin of sweets so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

542451_275025972597139_23150696_n.jpg

This photos is doing the rounds on Facebook today. It was taken this morning in Brown Thomas as they prepare their Christmas Shop. It usually opens at the start of September. I, for one will be there as soon as it does :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Oh this is all very exciting. I love it when bits and pieces start appearing and then more and more each week.
    I really can't believe it's around the corner!

Must keep the peepers peeled for any Christmas goodies!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh this is all very exciting. I love it when bits and pieces start appearing and then more and more each week.

Can't believe we're only 3 days away to September already!! :eek:

Halloween needs to feck off first tho and then we can watch every shop go Christmas mad! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Can't believe we're only 3 days away to September already!! :eek:

Halloween needs to feck off first tho and then we can watch every shop go Christmas mad! :D

I know - I have no time for halloween! my friends love it and even dress up for it but I just hate dressing up like that!!

leahyl wrote: »
    I know - I have no time for halloween! my friends love it and even dress up for it but I just hate dressing up like that!!

Likewise, I've no time for it either, it's just an inconvenience to the build up to Christmas! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

The Newbridge silver tree decorations are out again, one or two new ones again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

I can't afford to buy them twice, so if I bought them and ate them it'd be tough tits come Christmas. And you CAN'T have Christmas without the tin of sweets so...

Lads, I seem to remember we had this same discussion last year. You know we'll end up buying tins in August, September, October, November, December, and then in January when they're knocked down further in price!!! :D
    Love2love wrote: »
    542451_275025972597139_23150696_n.jpg

This photos is doing the rounds on Facebook today. It was taken this morning in Brown Thomas as they prepare their Christmas Shop. It usually opens at the start of September. I, for one will be there as soon as it does :D:D:D

Oh, could be heading to Dublin sooner than I thought...;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I was in Boots the other day and was asking the lady serving me if they had any Christmas stock in, she said they have boxes and boxes of it in the stockroom.

They have all their sun creams/tans/sun stuff on offer and in a week or two, those shelves will be cleared off and the Xmas stuff might be put out then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 DreaminOnAStar

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I was in Boots the other day and was asking the lady serving me if they had any Christmas stock in, she said they have boxes and boxes of it in the stockroom.

I would kill to have a look in those boxes! Love the Christmas stuff in boots. I got a makeup set last Christmas and I used it the whole time. I'm running low on one of the blushes so need a replacement!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Noticed some 'sparkly' clothes today in Dunnes, definitely stuff you would wear around Christmas. They also seemed to be clearing alot of the shelves around the back to school area, think they'll be putting out the Christmas stock soon enough. Love Christmas, but hate to see stuff in the shops this early. Shouldn't be let out of the stock room until the 1st of December

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Toast4532 wrote: »

They have all their sun creams/tans/sun stuff on offer and in a week or two, those shelves will be cleared off and the Xmas stuff might be put out then :)

Ours hasn't arrived yet (I work in a pharmacy) but I'm so excited to see it! I'm the Christmas Fairy in work. They let me out of the dispensary for a whole day to open and price the Christmas stock because everyone else hates it!

I come home knackered but satisfied, and covered in glitter. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Alicat wrote: »
    Ours hasn't arrived yet (I work in a pharmacy) but I'm so excited to see it! I'm the Christmas Fairy in work. They let me out of the dispensary for a whole day to open and price the Christmas stock because everyone else hates it!

I come home knackered but satisfied, and covered in glitter. :D

So if you need a dig out....y'know an Elf? Ahermm.......;););)

Our local heatons has cleared out a bunch of their shelves. Last time I was in their they were empty. I expect to see them covered in a mixture of halloween and Christmas stuff the next time I go in there!

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

Our local Tesco has tins of Afternoon tea, Chocolate Kimberley, Chocolate mikado, boxes of Cadbury's animal cookies, big boxes of crackers and tins of fox's and tins of Victoria which seem to have some biscuits in them!

will.i.am wrote: »
    Our local Tesco has tins of Afternoon tea, Chocolate Kimberley, Chocolate mikado, boxes of Cadbury's animal cookies, big boxes of crackers and tins of fox's and tins of Victoria which seem to have some biscuits in them!

I made it my mission last year to get the best possible price on these tins of biscuits, only ever buy them at Christmas. I waited..and waited...and waited.. and got them at €8.99 in the end! I kept a watch on all the stores until the price dropped when the competition started to get fierce... AND THEN I POUNCED! ;)

flutegirl wrote: »
    I made it my mission last year to get the best possible price on these tins of biscuits, only ever buy them at Christmas. I waited..and waited...and waited.. and got them at €8.99 in the end! I kept a watch on all the stores until the price dropped when the competition started to get fierce... AND THEN I POUNCED! ;)

I think think the afternoon tea is €12.49 at the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

washiskin wrote: »
    So if you need a dig out....y'know an Elf? Ahermm.......;););)

I'll give you a shout :pac:

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

M&S have there tins of biscuits out already

• Registered Users Posts: 46 DreaminOnAStar

Wow. Some of their decorations are very expensive. You can get similar in Penneys for a quarter of the price!

But thanks for the link - lovely to look at Christmas trees now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I was in Dunnes recently and they have tins of sweets on offer for arouund E6.

I think there was Roses, Celebrations and Quality Streets, although I could be wrong on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Home Store and More had some great value on Candles there the other day... snagged a couple for a pressie... they were the big pillar candles 200hours plus burning on them.... half price .....nice!
    Delighted to have started the christmas shopping.. Also got some good prices on Aveeno products in Nicholsons Pharmacy in Sligo... list ticked again!! Totally determined to get things sorted out in advance this year.....

I think think the afternoon tea is €12.49 at the moment!!

They could get lower than €8.99 this year then ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Seen Christmas cards and wrapping paper in Marks and Spencer today- I got really excited and accidently bit my tongue.. smooth.. :o

I would have bought a roll of wrapping paper but they were a fiver a roll so didn't bother!
    (although they are doing three for two in case anyone likes M&S paper!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Posy wrote: »
    Seen Christmas cards and wrapping paper in Marks and Spencer today- I got really excited and accidently bit my tongue.. smooth.. :o

I would have bought a roll of wrapping paper but they were a fiver a roll so didn't bother!
    (although they are doing three for two in case anyone likes M&S paper!)

I looooove M&S wrapping paper and their crackers too!!

That's so funny about you biting your tongue:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I ran around Grafton Street last year in circles, shrieking with excitement when the Christmas lights went up. I am a cool customer, I am. :cool:

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    I ran around Grafton Street last year in circles, shrieking with excitement when the Christmas lights went up. I am a cool customer, I am. :cool:

When were the lasts switched on last year? Never got up last year but will this one ;)

Advertisement