Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Hairdresser

Options
  • 28-08-2012 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Open question to all ladies;
    Can anyone recommend a really good hairdresser who is not scissors happy or want to thin-out your hair to oblivion?
    I have long hair with a strong wave, I need a hairdresser who knows how to cut it into a low maintenance style!
    Don't want any slagging off or bit*ching about any business, or hairdressers bumming themselves up! Just honest answers??
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

You might want to narrow down the search area. Where are you looking in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

I have a daughter with long hair with a strong wave. It used to be very hard to manage.

I had it cut in Peter Marks in Letterkenny recently, by a stylist called Justine.

Now, I'm not knocking any other stylists in Peter Marks. I just haven't tried them, because Peter Mark can be more expensive than other hairdressers, and I live a fair distance from Letterkenny, but in this case, I was so sick of going to different hairdressers, and still having her burn the hair off her head with straighteners every day, that I just decided I was going to try Peter Marks for a really good cut, and I think it was worth the extra, just for the sake of peace.:o

I'm delighted by the results. She layered it (lightly), and it's gone from having a mind of its own, to just needing a wash and blow dry, once or twice a week. (No more straighteners, thankfully - I hate the things!:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

I agree with Noreen. I have very long hair that is my pride and joy. Anytime I go near a hairdresser they want to hack my hair off but give me no style. So much so that I would only get my hair cut twice a year because they always take too much off my hair and I love having my hair long.
    So, I decided to try Peter Marks in Letterkenny over the summer and was really happy with the results. Can't remember the stylists name (could actually have been Justine) but she gave me a 5 minute consultation and really listened to what I wanted. She kept my length thankfully but gave me a sharp cut which is what I wanted. Will definitely be going back when I need my hair cut again.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thearticle

Thanks noreen and ice, that's a great help! I'll call into Peter Mark's and check her out soon.
    I'm fed up too with getting the hair 'thinned' to bits, especially after asking them not to, and then the mandatory burning/straightening process!
    The question of location is irrelevant, I would happily drive to any corner of Donegal if someone could cut my hair into a easily managed hairstyle!

Just realised Maldesu is in Dublin! Sorry about that Mal!!
    I posted this in NorthWest/Donegal forums, thought that was narrowing it down, sorry if I made a mistake! Not too well up on boards.ie etiquette!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

thearticle wrote: »
    Just realised Maldesu is in Dublin! Sorry about that Mal!!
    I posted this in NorthWest/Donegal forums, thought that was narrowing it down, sorry if I made a mistake! Not too well up on boards.ie etiquette!:o

Native of Donegal, but its still a big enough place.
    Anyway, when I'm home I go to Haircraft on the high road in Letterkenny. Really good there. Never do anything I don't want. Won't even touch my hair with the straighteners unless I ok it, same with layers etc.

Thanks Maldesu.
    I'll check them out too!
    Cheers everyone for the suggestions! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PLUMPTIOUS

Does anyone know where this lady called Justine went. I was lucky enough to get my hair cut with her twice but she has left now and wonder is she working anywhere else in town....I soooo hope so. Wonderful hairdresser.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

How about Atomic salon at Silver Tassie? They are celebrating 3 years anniversary so I think they are doing 30% discount at moment! Check their Facebook out. I always go to Ciara there and am very happy. My mum and sisters go to her as well. She listens to what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

Ops sorry didn't realise how old orginial post is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

PLUMPTIOUS wrote: »
    Does anyone know where this lady called Justine went. I was lucky enough to get my hair cut with her twice but she has left now and wonder is she working anywhere else in town....I soooo hope so. Wonderful hairdresser.

Sorry Plumptious, but afaik, she's gone to Cork, so you wont be getting your hair cut by her anytime soon.

Back to square one now then.
    Who to now?

Such a shame.... Its nearly like going to the dentist now...the fear escalates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Was Justine actually from Cork and had a strong Cork accent? If that's the girl I'm thinking of then she never cut my hair but there's another girl who works in Peter Mark's in LK who is brillant. She has long blonde hair and is quite small. Sorry, her name escapes me but I have had my hair cut twice by her and she is brillant at her job. Lovely lovely girl too. Will find out her name as I will be going there to get my hair cut next week again by her.

Please share it for I'm in desperate need of a good hairdresser again!

Please do...

In dire need now. Got hair cut 4 weeks ago and is a disaster. At wits end. Anybody know any hairdresser who can cut thick wavy hair without thinning scissors or feathering or cutting in or burning the head off me with straighteners?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I got my hair done by a stylist called Julie in Vivaldi at courtyard Letterkenny. While it isn't ever 'wow', she has never cut too much off or made a mess of it. I have been back several times.

Thanks AnnaScott!! I'll give her a shout. Hair now standing on me every morning! Hate this! :-(

How did you get on?

• Advertisement

Hey AnnaScot.
    Am well sorted.
    Bumped into a friend, back from abroad, great hairdresser.
    Immediately tortured her and got great cut, nearly one hour of cutting and I have wash n go style now. Happy out!!
    Best hair cut in years!
    Took her ages to sort out mess from previous butchering but am back on track and straighteners are now redundant.
    All I can say is 'phew'!
    Thanks for all the input and help ladies...

Is your friend going to work here? If so, let us know where she is.

Unfortunately, no she's not!

Advertisement