Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy..?

Options
  • 28-08-2012 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can get my hands on some baby bananas?? Also known as Orito variety? Have tried a numer of places but to no avail.

Comments

Would it have hurt to put "Where to buy baby bananas" in the title?

It would help if you put the nearest city to you too.

FYI, I have no idea
    Nice sig ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

yerraya wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get my hands on some baby bananas?? Also known as Orito variety? Have tried a numer of places but to no avail.

I don't think its stocked in Ireland, the only baby bananas I ever seen in Ireland in any quantity were just the smaller grades of Musa Cavandish marketed as baby/kids bananas.

http://www.agrofair.nl/site/products/bananas/orito.html
    2964327ajvner5pjd-250x250.jpeg

Seems when first launched in Europe they never really took off
    http://fairtradeinecuador.wordpress.com/2009/03/12/the-end-is-near-for-baby-bananas/

Have you tried contacting the 4 Irish banana Ripeners directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭yerraya

Cheers for the info, no I haven't tried them thought I'd check out here first in case I had just been missing the stores they were being sold in. I had tried some of the speciality shops but had no luck there. Will contact the ripeners now though for sure. I really am surprised that they never took off as they are a great lunch-box filler for kids. @ pappa dolla the location is not an issue as I travel a lot for work so I am in most of the cities at least one a month. I left the title open as I thought this thread may be useful for others who are also in search of a product... as I said its not for everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

This may be absolutely bog all use to you but as you travel for work a bit, if you find yourself in London for any of your travelling there are definitely baby bananas in the food hall in Harrods. *shocking* expensive but they are there

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭yerraya

Thanks for the info...I will pop in next time I'm there and treat myself! However I'd imagine it wouldn't be very economical to stockpile on them there! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement