Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pop up shop

Options
  • 28-08-2012 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Hey folks

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience on pop ups shops, I am thinking about starting up one maybe for the month of December.

I was thinking in a local shopping centre that has a few vacant units, would I just contact them and ask to open one or is there a procedure to it

thanks paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Easy enough - just contact the lettign agent and tell them you are interested in a short-term seasonal lease.

Usually its about 8 weeks from mid November to mid Jan.

However, you will pay probably equivalent of 4 months rent and also you will not be allowed in most cases to sell product competing with other retailers in the centre.

But other than that, it will be simply down to references and ability to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

http://designerdublin.ie/tag/pop-up-shop/
    http://www.dlrcoco.ie/aboutus/councildepartments/hrcodevelopmentboard/findit/popupshopinitiative/

If you google pop up shop fingal you will also get info on the pop up shop in swords by fingal co co.

The other option is to look for empty retail units that have been lying empty and contact the agent about leasing it short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tapping girl

Dun Laoghaire Rathdown county Council (or whatever they are called) operate a pop-up shop beside the People's Park. They usually have craft things there but maybe contact them and see what they have to say. Also, the RHA Gallery also operate a pop up shop. Good luck.

Advertisement