Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finer spell for South East from Friday Aug 31

Options
  • 28-08-2012 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

From Met Eireann :
    Friday will be a dry day with sunny spells. Afternoon temperatures will reach 17 or 18 degrees and winds will be mainly light westerly.

Saturday will be dry for many places but a southwest wind will freshen in western and northwestern areas and there's a risk of a few showers there. Temperatures during the afternoon on Saturday will reach between 18 and 20 degrees, the warmer conditions in the east and southeast.

The further outlook through the weekend and the early days of next week is for temperatures between 18 and 22 degrees and some good spells of sunshine as high pressure dominates

Charts look pretty good for next week also :
    http://www.weathercharts.org/wetterzentrale-t120-t384.htm#132

Lets hope it lives up to expectations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Seen those charts yesterday. Wasn't going to comment on them as they are still in FI. Plus they are predicted for the weekend, which means if they don't come people will be more p*ssed.

A dry spell would be nice tho. The garden needs some tender loving care and the water butt has drowned.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

Hey OP, you might want to change the thread title. Today is the 28th so Friday is the 31st.

Just a quick heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

yeah, where's the sunshine? this graphic is coming up for me for today

nat00_weather.png?1121

eh, ain't no sunshine down here in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    yeah, where's the sunshine? this graphic is coming up for me for today

nat00_weather.png?1121

eh, ain't no sunshine down here in cork

The good weather is supposed to be from Thursday/Friday onwards..

The usual good timing...Just as the kids go back to school. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

How fine? It looks like the high will hang around for a while (hopefully!)
    This day saw a temperature of 28.4c at Valentia (not bad for autumn!) but we'll have to see where the high ends up - we don't want it to drift south.
    Rrea00119910905.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

A week of sunshine is exactly the tonic allot of people need.

As some one mentioned above us culties are having a hard time maintaining our lawns. I've never had a summer like it, there's almost constantly a layer of silage on top and it never fully dries underneath so i can never pick it up.

First world problems eh..

Any way fingers crossed over the next few days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Still looks like the north and west could see a lot of cloud and some rain, the high just doesn't push far enough north for us before the weekend. Might improve after a few days but I'm not getting my hopes up about it, the only thing guaranteed at the moment it that it'll be mild

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Not too confident about the fine spell on the six news tonight, looks to be sinking South Gerry said it would no be as good as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Met Eireann latest weekend forecast seems to be less exciting :

Pressure will rise from the south, for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, which will help to settle the weather down for a period. Temperatures will rise gradually and should be above normal later in the weekend, with winds mainly moderate to fresh southwesterly. There should be a good deal of dry bright weather in all areas, with the best of the sunshine probably in the south and east. But weak weather fronts will never be too far away, so some cloudy, drizzly periods are likely on occasion also, with parts of the north and west most at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

It is going to be dank and humid like most of August with a few sunny breaks and wet in the Northwest.

Then the High drifts South and weather gets wetter but stays mild.

Moist Southwesterlies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Rooy wrote: »
    Met Eireann latest weekend forecast seems to be less exciting :

Pressure will rise from the south, for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, which will help to settle the weather down for a period. Temperatures will rise gradually and should be above normal later in the weekend, with winds mainly moderate to fresh southwesterly. There should be a good deal of dry bright weather in all areas, with the best of the sunshine probably in the south and east. But weak weather fronts will never be too far away, so some cloudy, drizzly periods are likely on occasion also, with parts of the north and west most at risk.

Sounds like a bit of a downgrade..wont mind a week of real good weather..followed by an explosive thundery breakdown obviously:)

pauldry wrote: »
    It is going to be dank and humid like most of August with a few sunny breaks and wet in the Northwest.

Then the High drifts South and weather gets wetter but stays mild.

Moist Southwesterlies
    Looking ahead the GFS shows HP in control and the ECM shows an autumnal northerly, so still uncertain.
    No point in posting charts cos things will change as they always do.

I better change the thread title from 'Fine Spell' before people start going nuts !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

change the title to fine spell in the South

pauldry wrote: »
    change the title to fine spell in the South

I actually thought i did it this morning to " Weather improvement on way from Friday Aug 31 (for South) "
    but it looks like i only edited the title of the first post , so will have a look now how to update the thread title properly!

Looking ahead the GFS shows HP in control and the ECM shows an autumnal northerly, so still uncertain.
    No point in posting charts cos things will change as they always do.
    Looking ahead the ECM shows HP in control and the GFS shows an autumnal northerly, so still uncertain.
    No point in posting charts cos things change as they always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

The weather on RTE 1 this morning from Met Eireann was not what I expected, it looks pretty gloomy with damp wet conditions on Atlantic coasts and he said weather fronts moving acroos the Country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Storm 10 wrote: »
    The weather on RTE 1 this morning from Met Eireann was not what I expected, it looks pretty gloomy with damp wet conditions on Atlantic coasts and he said weather fronts moving acroos the Country

Yes it will be wet to very wet at times in Atlantic coastal counties and this will spread inland in parts too. It will feel very muggy in this. Best of weather as a whole would have to be much of Leinster but the south east getting the best. Thread title is a bit misleading so I'll change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Yes, high pressure seems to be getting pushed further south in the latest model runs. Sunday might be the only decent day of the weekend for the whole country. A cold front seems to drive through Sat/Sun night-time. Might clear away the damp stuff for a while. From UKMO 0z.

218925.gif

218926.gif

The Met Eireann forecast has not had the word 'unsettled' in it for 4 days , possible record this summer , but this 'improvement' in weather is getting downgraded by the day , but it is a really nice day in and around Cork city , fairly sure ,although a bit breezy and cooler than of late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

If the red sky earlier this morning is anything to go the shepherds must be running not for the hills but for shelter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Not a sign of a Red Sky here this morning...

So dark and gloomy....Woke up just after 7.00am and thought it was still night time it's so dark.

Could be the theme for the day Me thinks.

Rooy wrote: »
    The Met Eireann forecast has not had the word 'unsettled' in it for 4 days , possible record this summer , but this 'improvement' in weather is getting downgraded by the day
    I think its getting better by the day with some very fine weather to look forward to for those of us away from Atlantic coasts.
    I would be very surprised if at least 25c isn't recorded in eastern areas next week. Jean's chart last night for next week looked very promising too.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80422471
    ME outlook for next wed/thurs - "temperatures in the high teens" ?? lets wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Very dull here, I mean very dull, with a rather chill breeze :(

grey drizzle here all morning.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

I'm hoping and looking forward to good generaly weather lasting right through to the end of next week down here in Kerry. ECMF at the moment is looing good.

It all depends on whether the storms stay north or drift soutwards.

Right now we've got a cool westerly to north westerly breeze but the sun is shining and it's pleasant enough over all. No rain yesterday and it was a beautiful blue sky evening when cycling around Torc and Muckross. Magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It's showing signs of clearing now in the SW. It should gradually clear for the rest of us this evening. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

12C and raining in Naas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The sun is just starting to poke through, expect temps to soar!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Smashing weather in the south east today.
    Warm and sunny very little wind.
    Summer has just started.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement