Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

123.ie maybe but no 229euro full comp.

Options
  • 28-08-2012 9:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13

Hi ive been checking out motor insurance companys for the past few days and keep coming up with quotes of anything between 250 and 320+euro. then this leaflet came in my door from 123.ie offering full comp for 229euro, so i get on the laptop to check this out, im 52yrs old, 30yrs no claims, no convictions, no penalty points, a car valued at between 5000 and 6000euro, no medical problems of any type and travel less than 10,000 miles per year but the best price for full comp comes up at 280euro, so i rang 123.ie and asked why the premiums were coming up so high and was told straight up this is just a figure we put out to get people interested and go on line as you did, she said the best she could do for me was 250euro as this was their lowest premium. surely false advertisment and lying to gain profit is still against the law. my advice to you keep clear of a company who will try and dupe you with false advertisments as they will be the same when it comes to settling a claim,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

123.ie do say that the €229 quote is for
    a variety of cutomers including a Co. Dublin female, aged 38 years, 6 years no claim bonus, full licence with 2 penalty points, drivng a 04 1.2 litre VW Polo worth €6,000 for social, domestica and pleasure use. Information correct 01AUG2021.

In short, they have to have some premiums available at that price

Insurance is all about meeting their criteria. If you don't meet one companies "cheap" criteria, then shop around. When I renewed this year, I noticed that 50% of insurers were quoting me around €450-500, while the other half were quoting €350-400. Clearly the two groups had different target markets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Hi ive been checking out motor insurance companys for the past few days and keep coming up with quotes of anything between 250 and 320+euro. then this leaflet came in my door from 123.ie offering full comp for 229euro, so i get on the laptop to check this out, im 52yrs old, 30yrs no claims, no convictions, no penalty points, a car valued at between 5000 and 6000euro, no medical problems of any type and travel less than 10,000 miles per year but the best price for full comp comes up at 280euro, so i rang 123.ie and asked why the premiums were coming up so high and was told straight up this is just a figure we put out to get people interested and go on line as you did, she said the best she could do for me was 250euro as this was their lowest premium. surely false advertisment and lying to gain profit is still against the law. my advice to you keep clear of a company who will try and dupe you with false advertisments as they will be the same when it comes to settling a claim,

I can see their response...

...ah but you're over 50!! - Getting old:D, might fall asleep at the wheel.

...And only driving 10,000km a year ? - Ah, not enough driving experience sir.
    ...And 32 years with no accidents - sure there's on bound to happen any time soon then!

... a regular 1.6l car. Ah, now, they're no good for safe over taking.

cling cling cling, that'll be €850 sir. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

We did a test in the motors forum once to see the lowest quote we could get online on 123.ie. i think someone did manage to get the advertised price, but I don't remember what they put in. Something like female around 30 full NCB and a micra or something!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 johnnyrubber

SANDIN get a life or better still a job, your obviously a lay about with nothing better to do but scroll through peoples views while waiting for your dole to come through, 1.6ltr my arse your probable living at home scrounging off your parents and looking through donedeal at cars youll never be able to afford, GLATS kid :-)

johnnyrubber If you can't post in a civil manner towards other posters, then please don't post. Insulting other posters is not tolerated.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,693 ✭✭✭Corvo

SANDIN get a life or better still a job, your obviously a lay about with nothing better to do but scroll through peoples views while waiting for your dole to come through, 1.6ltr my arse your probable living at home scrounging off your parents and looking through donedeal at cars youll never be able to afford, GLATS kid :-)

That's a right way to look for help.

I would wish you luck trying to find a more favorable premium, but to be honest I hope they double it.

Dope

Dope

@Griffin1988
    - the same warning I gave to the OP applies equally to you. Please post in a civil manner.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Johnnyrubber, you left out the most important fact here. You didnt say what size and type of car you were driving which would have been ket to the matter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 johnnyrubber

Thanks very much for all your help, dont know what id have done without you all. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Humor my lad - humor.

Post was directed againt the insurance companies - once you meet their criteria, they change it. It was a parody on the annoying "no nonsense" insurance advert.

BTW - my life is happy as our those of my 42 employees (+6 new ones due to start in October) and I'm very happy with the car I drive. And thankfully I can say I have never been out of work in my entire working life of over 30 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement