Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4.5 month old - poo and sleep issue

Options
  • 28-08-2012 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hello,

looking for some advice and info. My 4.5 month old daughter had been having a great run of sleeping. My wife is breast feeding and she normally feeds every 3.5-4 hours. For a while she had been going from 7pm til about 1am (we thaought we were great !!)

anyways for the past 3-4 nights she gone to feeding at night nearly every 1.5 hours. We defo think she teething and maybe little growth spirt. I feel so sorry for my wife whos up constantly.

This morning before i left at 6:30am i changed nappy and was full of a yellow mucus (looked like soup !) she never had this before so not sure what might be. She in great form durin day just at night she gets bit off and doesnt have tempreture although her teeth are at her.

Should we bring he to docs ? :confused:

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Bring her to the PHN that is what they are there for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Ellsbells

Is she getting sick a lot? My baby had yellow pop when he had rotavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭vibes23

Nope she hasnt gotten sick at all :( il say to missus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Babies, especially breastfedbabies as they tend to be fed on demand, can often go through a four month sleep regression... does your wife or you find that your daughter is nosier during the day? Or that she's distracted when nursing? They start to become a LOT more aware of the bigger world around them at that age, and just get too busy and interested to nurse, so they feed at night, when it's nice and quiet and dark and peaceful, and there isn't so much to distract them.

The mucousy nappy I wouldn't be sure about, but I wouldn't panic either. If she has another few definitely ask PHN for advice.

Advertisement