Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC failing to connect to the wireless Internet

• 28-08-2012 9:35am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭

First off, it's just the PC in my house. Everything else connects with no hassle whatsoever. Further, I have a feeling it's a hardware problem, and my PC is giving out on me. The problem has been getting worse and worse over the last few weeks with the wireless connection getting less and less reliable. Up until a few days ago, the net connection would work for an hour, be off for two, work for a while, then disappear again. Before that, it was fine, but just in the last few weeks, it's been getting worse and worse. Now it's just not working at all.

When I try to connect to the net, it comes up "Local Only" in the Network and Sharing Center. The map at the top of the screen says the computer in the middle is "Identifying..." but won't progress past that stage. I've tried removing the connection and manually setting it up, but that hasn't helped. I've tried juggling round the IP details and the likes but that hasn't helped either. Signal strength is "Very good". It just seems stuck on "Identifying" during the last step of the connection.

Anyone any ideas what I can do to work towards fixing it? :confused: Any other information I can give to help people, I will. :)

Advertisement